the Gathering of the Vibes!

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by Eden, May 10, 2004.

1. Eden

Eden Member

Since it's back on...who's going? whats the scene like?

2. peacefulwind14

peacefulwind14 Member

Im going to the vibes. I went last year and had a blast. It's going to be smaller this year but its still going to be great.(4 hours of DSO)! A lot of kind, chill people listening to great music.

3. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

I wish I had gone last year, but I didn't know about it until like two days after... Oh well, yeah, so where is it held? What are the main acts?

4. peacefulwind14

peacefulwind14 Member

Last year we had Allman Bros, James Brown, Govt mule, Zen Tricksters, Addison Groove Project, Karl Denson, Keller Williams, Rusted Root.
    But like I said it's scaled down this year. But we do have on Friday the Zen Tricksters, Strangefolk, and then hours of Dark Star Orchestra.
    On Saturday there will be a 4 hour funk jam session with many diffrent people. Guests from funk bands like Deep Banana Blackout and Parliment Funkadelic, etc. Also Steve Kimock, Addison Groove Project, Bomb Sqaud, AOD, and Physcedelic Breakfast. I dont think it is finalized yet though. Should be a good time.

5. peacefulwind14

peacefulwind14 Member

Its at Indian Country Lookout Club in Mariaville New York (near Albany). Its only $80. Chech out all the info on gatheringofthevibes.com

6. knottytasha

knottytasha Member

Hopefully me and my brothers will be going this year. We've been regular attendents of the Berkshire Mountain Music fest for the last three years, but with our much loved Berkfest gone, we have to find a new festival to call our home. I really hope Keller plays at hthe Vibe this year, Keller and Dark STar togther in the same weekend would be incredable.

7. Eden

Eden Member

anyone else going???

8. wildboy82

wildboy82 Member

I went last year for Fri. only to see the Black Crowes and had a blast!! if I got this year I'm def. getting a weekend pass.

9. cantsmokenomore

cantsmokenomore Member

I went this year and last year, definitely a great time. Even if you don't camp there.

10. Mr_Pat

Mr_Pat Member

The vibes kicks ass, one of the best festivals going.

11. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

12. Mr_Pat

Mr_Pat Member

13. DeadHead723

DeadHead723 Senior Member

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i cant wait!!!!