The future of the Veg*n forum

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by alissamelon, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

PS. I'm going out now. Feel free to slander me to your hearts content. I'll get back to you in a few hours.

PPS. It's really not that controversial an opinion I'm putting forward here Astro. I'd just like you to play nice!!!

2. SamuraiSeahorse

SamuraiSeahorse Member

I think it ought to stay on hip forums..........I personally believe that it will get much less traffic if its moved to a seperate entity as then it will become "just another Vegan/Vegetarian site on the web"

The beauty of it being here is that it is a quick link away and a place to discuss said issues with members of this actual site community if u get my drift.

3. Pablo

Pablo Member

Astro, i would come to your new site forum. And im usualy with you on stuff, i agree you should move your forum. But you are being paranoid, skip isnt getting rich off this forum, hes not trying to sensor everyones opinions like some sort of dictator. His judgement may be arguable on some things, but your questioning his morals, theres no need for that. If you have a problem say what it is, but i dont think its right to come into a site he owns, find that hes made some mistakes running it and personally insult him. I just feel dispite mistakes he may make, skip is providing us a good site, and his mistakes are understandable with all the work he has to do here. I think his fairness is shown by the fact that he hasnt banned you yet, a imature webmaster would have you blocked name and ip adress by now.
    Im still with you astro, i sugest that you just set up your new site, and dont get banned here before you can tell all your current posters where its located. Then once you have your own site, you can make a forum called "skip sucks" for all anyone cares, it'll be your site.

4. SamuraiSeahorse

SamuraiSeahorse Member

well if u did move it...id still come to it to resume my place as the veggie/vegan forum punchbag ;)

5. Pablo

Pablo Member

is that why the games forums are gone? well that is lame, so is lots of stuff about the site, but its free, and its his. Im not disagreeing with any of your points, i just think his website isnt the best place to complain about him and his website. The money you pay does give you some room to complain, but that room was acidentaly deleted :p

6. Yokai-Tororu

Yokai-Tororu Guest

I remember doctor atom from the old forums. He doesn't like people very much. Maybe he is jealous of your friends? No one should be jealous just because of that. I think skip is having a nervous breakdown. Like when a girl has a three year old and the kid wont stop yelling and dressing the kitty up like a geisha with cake frosting.

7. Pablo

Pablo Member

hey it just ocured to my where my song line game thread in the music forum went, heheh that took me a while to catch, hmm, im not sure how to feel about this one

8. Pablo

Pablo Member

back when i was a blacksmith i made a suit of armor for my cat, i think he liked it too much, cause he walked around like he was just fine then fought me when i tried to take it back off him.

(i wasnt gonna make him wear it all the time, just once cause id made it then was going to put it on the shelf as more of a display/conversation peice)

9. Yokai-Tororu

Yokai-Tororu Guest

can you really make armor? I like knife-guns more.

10. Pablo

Pablo Member

I was working on a gunblade that would fire shot gun shells it worked but i didnt want to use it much cause there was no place to, it would have been a good decorative iteam but i never got around to adding the hadndle and stuff to make it look cool. I have made a lot of swords and armor. Mainly real stuff like horse shoes, gate hinges and handles, stuff like that, and unfortunatly some branding irons, but that was a long time ago.

11. DoktorAtomik

Oh, I dunno. Try the bit where I'm just asking you to try being a bit more pleasant!!! It's not like anyone's suggesting you shouldn't be allowed an opinion, but there's ways of expressing opinions that don't piss people off and alienate them.

It's a bonus. A perk. Something that is not implicit in the transaction. Something that Skip is not legally obliged to provide you with for handing over your cash. Hence the lack of a contract or service level arrangement etc. Sure, an expectation has been created that if you donate, you get a personal forum. But you'd have a really hard time trying to make that stand up in court.

12. Yokai-Tororu

Yokai-Tororu Guest

doctor atom you have good advice. You are not following it though.

13. DoktorAtomik

Be specific. If you have a point, then back it up.

14. Yokai-Tororu

Yokai-Tororu Guest

You also seem very angry.

15. DoktorAtomik

Frustrated, dude. Not angry. I think there's a really pleasant and constructive side to Astro, and it frustrates me to see her allow herself to be governed by her worst qualities. It's a waste.

16. DoktorAtomik

Hmmmm. 'Control' is a very emotive word to use, and one that is entirely inappropriate. Using your interpretation, anyone who attempts to exert any kind of positive influence in the world is guilty of trying to 'control' people. In fact, promoting a vegetarian lifestyle would be an act of control, if we we're to adhere to this definition.

I wouldn't argue with that point. The problem is, a lot of what you feel appears to be vitriolic and spiteful. I'm not sure how possible it is to continue this discussion without delving deeper into your character and the reasons that you behave the way you do, and this would no doubt be interpreted as a personal attack.

I don't think I ever expressed any such assumption. However, if we don't act with the conviction of our morals, then we don't act at all, do we? I still listen to the arguments of others and am willing to debate my position, so I don't really see what more you can reasonably ask. And at the end of the day, the number of people that you've pissed off in this forum kinda speaks for itself.

Oh yeah, I've seen this side of you in threads, which is why I'm not just dismissing you out of hand as a nasty bitch, like some others do. The problem really comes down to who you see as 'other pleasant and constructive people'. You're very selective in this regard, and too ready to make enemies.

I do attempt to. That's why I still do my best to have civilised conversations with you rather than just ignoring you. I'd also like to think I'd had a modicum of success, since now you actually discuss these things with me without the same use of sarcasm that you direct at others ;)

17. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Now if anyone can explain to me what all this has to do with vegetarianism I will reopen this thread, otherwise YOU'RE ALL OFF TOPIC.

there is a COMPLAINT forum. This isn't it. You've been warned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.