The Future Of The Common Sources Of Entertainment

Discussion in 'The Future' started by bourne1978, Jun 12, 2016.

1. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

Which one of the following listed below has the brighter future in entertainment? And what are your opinions on each of the following?

1. Digital T.V.
    2. Cable T.V.
    3. Sat. T.V.
    4. Am/Fm Radio
    5. HD Radio
    6. Sat. Radio
    7. Game Consoles
    8. Wi-fi internet
    9. Ethernet internet
    10. Cellular internet

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

11. None of the above

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

12. Holographic technology

Hotwater

4. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

I've experienced some sat radio in my mother's automobile. It is like constant entertianment by way of it. And that is something unlike the others I listed. Its future seems like it is the brightest of them all.

Some times there really can be nothing to do over any kind of internet. But the cellular internet is the most useful rather than a fair enough source to get an assortment of entertainment.

Sat radio and cellular internet FTW!

I may be getting sat radio sooner than later, for more constant home entertainment (and not just for the music either). The bill should be cheaper than the bill for cable t.v. or sat t.v. And the bill should also be cheaper than the bill for cell phone service, even though I still have to have a cell phone, being in a certain program that requires me to.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I use a gaming console to access streaming services netflix and hulu for television, and of course I need the internet for it. So I guess a mix of some of the above?

I'm also a big fan of streaming services like spotify for music.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

When the grid goes down we will all be back to playing with sticks and rocks...

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ i play with my stick every day, and the internet helps with that.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the story teller and the clown are the foundation, the medium is always changing and evolving. the earliest and simplist storytelling was was conversational and participatory, and that still goes on. and the internet has helped to bring that full circle. the op gives a list of ways of telling a story that exist today, and asks about their future. my response is that the future of any given media is itself mostly beside the point.

whole industries rise and fall around a particular media, i recognize that, but all of them depend on the same foundation, and that is the story or the joke, and the telling of it.
    and i would further advance that the story itself takes precidence over the teller and the telling, except when the creative process is intrigal to doing so.
    once you seperate the writer, the actor, and the technical people, you have three chances to screw up, what only one of them, the writer, actually creates.

1 person likes this.
  9. bourne1978

bourne1978 Members

The only way the grid goes is if we are nuked. If that ever happens it would mean there will be no playing of any kind, since we'll all be dead.

The only set back with the better internet experience, is that you need a desk top or a lap top, and these turn slow in about 4 years of use.

Radios lasts for what seems like forever. I am a person that had to retire early, and I would like something that is more dependable (as in, something that is sure not to run into malware problems), such as sat radio for home entertainment.

I have had experience with x box and playstation. I preferred the latest playstation over the other, but overall, I prefer the arcadia experience over the game console experience. The problem is that there are not enough places that have an arcade in them or are an arcade in my area.

Pinball games, usually in general, are my all-time fav! 2nd to this is 1st person shooter games!

The last 1st person shooter game I've played was Doom on my 2nd gen ipod touch. Liked it!

As far as story telling goes, I like them via a great t.v. series that I can get on dvd (if I cant stream them for free) since I don't do digital, cable, or sat t.v. But I def. love comedy stuff via radio, which sat radio can provide me with.

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

A massive solar flare like the one in 1859 (The Carrington Event) would effectively wipe-out the Power Grid, Communication satellites, and high energy x-rays emitted from the sun would ionize the upper atmosphere disrupting radio communication

Hotwater

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Remember 20 years ago, everyone thought reality TV would be just a fad

Most of the programs on TV now are reality TV of some sort

I dont see holodecks ever getting anywhere, even once the tech is created, most will still just want to sit on their ass and be enetertained. Moving around all the time smells like exercise