The fun things you find...

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by JO420, Jun 14, 2006.

1. JO420

JO420 Member

..while walking through amsterdam. I was on my way to a local supermarket to buy some groceries during my lunch when all of a sudden is a grassy looking area near a freeway overpass when i saw a familiar looking plant. Fortunatly i had a camera and i took pics,examining a leaf it had the familiar look,jagged type of ends,7 leaves total and it seemed to look like it does when it was growing.

Also there seemed to be both males and females,oh well either which way if i can confirm that they are in fact pot plants ill be bake with my bike,rash bags and a small shovel. They would look so pretty in my garden.

2. JO420

JO420 Member

another pic

3. JO420

JO420 Member

if this aint weed than surely its a nice knockoff.

4. bigloui96

bigloui96 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm no botonist but that looks pretty much like weed. (Ive had a quick shufti on google images which seems to concur!)
    Nice find!!!
    Perhaps an extended lunch break is in order....!!!

5. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

To me those plants are not weed. Also, at this time of the year growing outside you won't be able to tell the difference between male and female yet, not for a couple of months itleast. From what I can see the leaves don't quite look right for weed, but it certainly resembles the plant in many ways.
    Sometimes actual weed grown outside can be nothing but industrial hemp that you can't get high from as such.

6. bigloui96

Ah Nemesis, forever the fountain of all knowledge!! Your knowledge of amsterdam and trance music inspires me!

7. VegasPat

VegasPat Member

Hey Nemesis,

First off...thanks for the map and cafe info...I'm in AMS next week and loooking sooooo forward to hitting Grey Area and Rookies. Which club is best for trance in the the AMS area? I want to spend at least one extended night dancing or chilling with some insane trance. Also let me know if there is any dress code or clubsite I could visit. Thanks again,

VP :eek:

8. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

no offense to anybody but those ain't even close to da real kind

9. SinPusher

SinPusher Member

not weeed, lol.. That shit grows everywhere in Holland. It overgrows Het Bos big time.

sp

10. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

That does not even closely resemble the real thing. But I guess others told you that before.

11. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

hey there VegasPat,
    Perhaps someone else can help you more but I don't actually go to trance clubs anymore, I did all that in the UK (London, Bournemouth, Bristol), years ago. I'm not too au fait with what's on in Amsterdam as far as trance is concerned, but if you look out for the latest fliers in record shops, you'll be sure to choose the right venue on the right night, whether it be Drum n 'Bass, Hip-Hop, Trance or Techno. Clubs worth checking, Melkweg, Escape, Ministry, Paradiso, to name just a few but there are loads more top clubs, plenty more. (Some Fliers)

Like I said, I don't go clubbing anymore and when I visit A'dam it's nothing but coffeeshop crawls for me whether travelling solo or with friends, with the odd pub thrown in, but coffeeshops ''Baba'', ''Feels Good'', ''Hill Street Blues'' play hard-trance with a nice bit of volume too. Coffeeshop ''36'' tends to stick with down-tempo trance, perfect for Sunday afternoons. All OK places to hang out, I just wouldn't score my weed there. Coffeeshop ''De Rokerij'' (Leidseplein) have DJ nights.

Trance music, several joints, pint of lager, in a dimly lit Amsterdam coffeeshop is pure bliss for me. LOL

12. bigloui96

Hey Nemesis, im sure this has been posted before, but what sort of Trance are you in to? I vaguely remember you posting a list of artists.

I really like stuff like Chicane, Robert Miles, Delerium... basically trance with a sort of Euphoric feeling and occasionaly some vocals with it... i Dont know where to look for new Trance music!!

Any help would be much appreciated!

13. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

I quite like European hard trance, ''Goa'' or ''Psy'' trance myself, all mixed and morphed seamlessly by a top DJ, whoever that happens to be when I hear it. I've got loads of trance mixes lifted off the intenet, most 2 hours long (about 140Mb each), some OK some fantastic, but all for free. A friend ago, collects all the best 12'' trance tunes and out of the ones I could play/mix with, the record label; ''NOOM'' stood out the most. Blimey, how many college lectures did we all miss back then, lol, everyone wanted to smoke pot and mix on the decks all afternoon instead. AAHH, Blueberry Days.

14. VegasPat

VegasPat Member

Hey Nemesis,

Thanks for the update and input...I'll be heading over soon -Melkweg, Escape, Ministry, Paradiso are great suggestions...I'll do a wee bit of research on access and the like. I'm looking to chill as well, so trance in a cafe is perfect after blazing a few with my mates. I can't express how tickled I am at the input received from this group...truly fantastic! :)

Thanks again,

VP

15. smiley420

smiley420 Member

dig it :)

16. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Right back to you.;)