The free city of Christiana

Discussion in 'Denmark' started by Dorian_Gray, Dec 27, 2006.

1. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I went three years ago, and it seemed to be nothing special, apart from the odd interesting sculpure. Maybe the spirit is dying out as pie man suggests.

2. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

I agree.

Christiania was a stronghold built by a past generation.
    We can't continue rest in what earlier progressive people created.

To carry on the torch new generations must select new places that we must define as free spaces.
    That's already happening. In many places.

Visiting Christiania is like entering a haunted house, that once belonged to freedom.
    Today psychopathic gangs shoot at eachother to keep their sale.
    Caused by this imbecile "non-tolerance" to "drugs" (hashish) that was decided by our dear politicians.

Result?
    Being non-tolerant on Pusher-Street not only led to sale of hashish all over Copenhagen. No, that also led to hard drug-sale all over Copenhagen (heroine, cocaine and all such drugs that originally was definitely FORBIDDEN at Christiania).

And that led to the fact that we're observing in Copenhagen nowadays, and the fact we also see all over Denmark - bigger towns as well as smaller towns:
    That the war between gangs (namely between Hells Angeles vs. immigrant gangs that are frustrated by poverty and discrimination).

Christiania is dead - congrats government! You suceeded!
    You managed to tear apart our welfare state to replace it with:
    -A society in which people are shooting other people to death are daily news.
    -A society in which knife-stabbings hardly are mentioned anylonger, because gangs kill with guns instead of knives.
    -A society in which - even tolerant people - begin to doubt & begin to believe in raised punishment & start to become more & more racist as a reaction of what is going on.
    -A society in which egoism has become the norm, a society in which the government in a cynical systematical way spread more & more fear among people to improve individualism & social isolation.

To let half of all Denmarks police forces loose at Christiania, and let them act like lunatics to scare the hell out of people who like to live a free & peaceful life is just a part of the whole strategy:
    To make all of us uniformed consumers and yes-sayers...

love,
    -wolf-

3. rubbersoul

rubbersoul Member

Yeah, I agree..I've been there a month ago and it was nothing special..lots of sculpture, stands (where I bought some clothes) and people didn't seem very friendly. Christiania is dead, you're right.. =( =(

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Update??

5. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

Hi scratcho.
    Christiania is well and alive.
    I consider it to be the safest place in Copenhagen.
    The hash stands are full, the ppl are nice and the women are high.
    Respect the rules and dont fool around and its gonna be quite the experience. I spent a lot of my time there. chattin with ppl. puffin da herb......

6. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

After spending a lot of time in the Danish dope district I came to the conclusion that the Christianian people are actually not open minded. They act like they are but actually its quite the opposite. They are stuck inside this fake phony state that they consider to be spiritual enlightenment. I believe open mindedness means to be open to new ideas and new forms of communication. These people are not open to anything . They live on a little island that they protect without thinking. Very much like the modern society that exists outside.

Still. the place is wonderful and filled with peace. Inside I see people rolling joints and hear music. Outside I see dead bodies and hear gunshots.

This place is not for the foreigner. Its a closed circle. No real entrance. I have noticed no love inside. No smiles or laughter. Only hate. Drunk intoxicated people talking in a barely understandable way.
    Still .. I love the place with all my heart but... They got no love for me...
    Modern society loves hate.
    I see hate everywhere I look..... Why do we love to hate? Why cant we love to love?