The first hate mail from the video

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, May 12, 2004.

1. antithesis

antithesis Hello

A lot of you still seem to be ignoring the fact that we've all said that we are really unhappy about all of the stuff that the Iraqis are going through and not just about this one guy. But whatever, just think whatever you want since apparently you are just ignoring what some of us are saying anyway.

2. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Heaven forbid that anyone should have to think that maybe Americans aren't all selfish bastards and that we can actually care about people other than Americans.

3. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i cant believe some of you are so dense to actually think that I wrote that...

look at the TITLE to this thread MARI and MADCRAPPIE...

it says "the first hate mail from the video" then read one to my second or third post in here where i mention who wrote it.

GOD... I just dont even know what to say. I'm sorry that some of your reading and comprehending skills are so LOW that..... oh, nevermind... why bother...

and seamonster and antithesis... thank you both for being nice and intelligent. :) love ya both!

4. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I don't know, maybe we shoudl kill ourselves because we are American, after all, it's our fault for happening to be born here.

One thing i don't understand, OK the US troops have been abusing and killing people in Iraq, how come people are getting so pissed off again now that an American was beheaded...

It seems that no matter what we (Americans) say, no one believes us when we say we didn't want the war and aren't supporting what's going on there.

What exactly should we do?

5. interval_illusion

that sounds like a good idea, gary...

as a matter of fact- im gonna go kill all the americans i can today before killing myself.

you should do the same.

6. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Good idea Gary. I think we should all get together and have a mass suicide. We all deserve to die.

7. interval_illusion

weLL sounds like three of us are willing..... anyone else want to volunteer?

8. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I would kill myself too if I was American.

9. daysye

daysye dumb as a box of hammers

i saw someone get shot about this time last year...he was robbing all of the village pantrys in the area and the cops started chasing him down the street....and as he was putting the gun on the top of the car, which was fake btw, the cops thought that he was going to shoot him so they shot him....in the end i ended up finding out that he was hit something like 20 times from the bullets....i have learned my lesson though....the next time i hear shots going off i am going to leave the room because i do not want to have to go through all of that shit all over again......oh, and about that video they had a big story on the whole thing last night on 60 minutes 2.....i didn't see it though because i am not a fan of 60 minutes...

and for what i am about to say i don't want to sound insensitive or anything but the old saying 'what goes around comes around' well that is what is going on right now....we have done some terrible things to them in the past so they are doing terrible things to us now...there is really no way that we can protect ourselves because they are so unpredictable.....

you all can count me in.....i am sick and tired of this shitty ass world that we are living in...so that makes 4 now...

10. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Hmmm... I just killed a few americans, so the world is a little bit safer from americans. I was about to kill this one guy but then it turned out that he was french and so he got to live.

11. interval_illusion

i just killed three americans... they are some of the old women who live in my apt. complex. i think they are big threats to world security....

i'm gonna wait til my husband comes home and kill him next, i think.

12. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I feel so bad, I blew up the local high school to prevent future American leaders from living, but then learned there were 2 English and 4 German exchange students.

13. antithesis

antithesis Hello

That is bad Gary, I am glad I don't have that on my conscience.

14. interval_illusion

jesus h christ, gary! i cant believe that.... you killed some non-americans.

man.... just, just... i dunno......

damn

15. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Old ladies.....ARE THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

I'm a late comer to this thread. Let me poke the embers a little.

I find it interesting that the attitude of a few posters here, and much of the world in general seems to be "Yeah, they cut off his head, but they're Arabs so what do you expect. It's not like they should be expected to act civilized like the rest of the world. Torture and murder is normal to them"

This doesn't equate to the psychological torture in the Iraqi prison. Yes, that was terrible and should have never happened, but bear in mind, it only came out as a story to CBS because it was already being investigated by the military itself.

I'm also sorry for the Iraqi civilians that have died as a result of this war, but think about it. This is the most humane war that has probably ever been fought. 10,000 Iraqi civilians have died according to most estimates. That's a lot, and it sucks, but consider this. Saddam is responsible for 1.5 million deaths, plus who knows how much torture and rape. That averages out to about 40,000 killed per year. By all accounts, this invasion has saved lives overall. Plus, if a democratic government is successfully put in place, that would end up being a whole lot more lives saved. Couple that with the rapid increase in schools and hospitals and power and clean water. The infrastructure is en route to being greatly improved above and beyond what was destroyed. Iraqi stands a good chance of coming out of this much better than it used to be.

I'm not suggesting that this war has been handled the best possible way. I'm not even sure that war was completely necessary. Maybe those 10,000 Iraqis could still be alive if it was handled differently.

Wow, at this point I'm rambling. Hopefully I'll get some controversy going though.

17. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

:( how sad