The final week until the election thread!

Discussion in 'Democracy' started by newo, Oct 27, 2020.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't trust the polls but I can't stop checking them. They say Biden has a comfortable lead and it brings me comfort.

I keep watching CNN because it assures me that Biden is winning and it reinforces what a godawful President Trump is, but after awhile I burn out on it and need to watch some mindless entertainment like pro wrestling or the Simpsons.

Stress! If I spend tomorrow watching football I can get through it. On Monday I can spend the day going for a drive or riding my bike until MNF comes on. Then on Tuesday I'll have no choice but to spend the day watching the election results and losing my mind.

Needed to vent, hope you don't mind.

MoonGoddess likes this.
  2. It's ok I understand. I haven't been able to watch the news in over 2 years because of the last election and everything that followed, it just became too stressful. All I know about what is currently going on in the world is from people that feel the need to tell me or because I just happen to find out either on here or someplace else on the internet but without really looking for it.

ZenKarma likes this.
  3. newo

Tomorrow I plan to buy some comfort food to get me through the election. I may gain a little weight but I'll stay sane.

ZenKarma and MoonGoddess like this.
  4. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We’re going to be ok, regardless who wins. It’s up to the people, families, communities, etc. to come together and make a difference in our country, not who’s in the Oval Office. It’s sad to hear all this fear, threats being made that there will be chaos in the streets, and all the other crazy shit being spread by our so-called “leaders”...because they will be pissed if they don’t get their way.
    That’s a sign of weakness and a lack of maturity- something this country can surely do without.

ZenKarma and MoonGoddess like this.
  5. newo

I hear what you're saying Eric, but no, I won't be okay if Trump wins.

scratcho likes this.
  6. Eric!

Neither will I

7. Eric!

I’m not going to let him and his morons ruin my life if he does win again

Scottishdk, MoonGoddess and hotwater like this.
  8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Poll: 34% of American Voters Think Second Civil War Is ‘Likely’

One in three voters believes that the United States is could face another civil war soon, as unrest rages across the country over issues of race, policing, and the upcoming presidential election. When divided by party, 40 percent of Republicans said a second civil war was “on the horizon,” while 28 percent of Democrats said the same. Among voters not affiliated with either party, 38 percent see the possibility of a civil war.

I don’t know who these people are but I can’t imagine taking up arms against my white neighbors, friends, relatives, or acquaintances.

But if they feel differently, well I’ll post a sign in front of the house that reads 'Harpers Ferry' where I’ll make my last stand....lol...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    scratcho and Eric! like this.
  9. Has anyone else noticed that as time has gone on war seems to be less effective? Think about it, before you generally had 2 clearly defined sides often each had their own geographical areas and the winner of each battle was whoever kept the field at the end of it. The winner of the war was the one that took all the land from the other or whoever didn't give up, whichever came first. Now the frontline could be anywhere, fought by anyone at anytime and what is won in the battle? Nothing! If we had a civil war now, it would never end, it would just give everyone more reasons to hate each other and once friendly neighbors could become enemies. How would you even be able to tell who the enemy is? Would the objective be to kill everyone that doesn't agree with you? Are we going to be red states vs blue states? Or is it going to come down to skin color, like, it doesn't matter what you believe in you'er still the enemy because you'er the wrong color? It is awful just thinking about it and I can't believe so many people see it as an option of how to deal with our differences, no matter what they are.

scratcho, Eric! and Scottishdk like this.
  10. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Be careful you and all the other democrat voters don't get lulled into a false sense of security and become complacent about actually going to the polls !!!

Eric! and MoonGoddess like this.
  11. I already voted!:D

Eric! and Scottishdk like this.
  12. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hmmm, good for you, but what about the others ??? - make sure all the democrats vote and don't give in to complacency

13. newo

I already voted too, and with all the notices popping up everywhere telling people to vote, it seems anyone who intends to vote will.

14. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I will not vote says the Anarchist . It is unreasonable . I do not want either party to control the govt . as each party wishes to . I would vote for the current divided govt, or a similarly divided govt. An independent vote is a spit in the chaos .

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  15. Cybenator

Cybenator Guest

It's going to be a RED wave....

16. Eric!

Me too;)

17. hotwater

More like Red Tide

For people with severe or chronic respiratory conditions, due to Covid-19, Red Tide can cause serious illness and death.

scratcho likes this.
  18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Oh... You still here...

19. newo

As in waving goodbye after they're voted out of office?

Tyrsonswood and Tishomingo like this.
  20. hotwater

Yeah he was the guy 10 days ago that predicted there would a revelation within 24 hours that would destroy the Biden candidacy

How did that work out...lol...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020