The final week until the election thread!

Discussion in 'Democracy' started by newo, Oct 27, 2020.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We're all stressing out and going insane. Election Day is a week from today, but we won't know who won until at least the day after, unless it's a total blowout for Biden (Please Please!). So let's all hang in there and support each other during this extreeeeeemly long week ahead of us. It looks pretty solid for Biden at this point but Trump has been holding back on his campaign ads and will definitely inundate us with them this week. Plus we can be sure he'll resort to every dirty trick in the book, trying to start up a last-minute scandal. He's already talking about Hunter Biden and the Ukraine again, but he really shouldn't go there unless he wants the Dems reminding everyone how he beat impeachment by blocking witnesses. And even if he does lose will he claim voter fraud and refuse to leave, all leading to a confrontation with whatever powers that be?

So everyone, fasten your seat belts because here we go, this thread is an online support group to help us cope, and hopefully we won't need it anymore a week from now!

Eric! likes this.
  2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I think this thread is a great idea, thanks for getting it going!

It has been very stressful.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

In 2016 Hillary Clinton had the highest un-favorability numbers in 14 years, 46% favorable, 50% unfavorable Trump has exceeded that with 38% favorable, 57% unfavorable.

In any normal year would be a sign of a Biden/Harris landslide victory but this is 2020 which has already thrown us for too many loops, so why should the election be any different?

The Biden/Harris campaign is so confident that Harris will be spending all day on Saturday campaigning in the Lone Star State of Texas.

4. newo

hotwater likes this.
  5. newo

CNN's latest poll shows Biden leading overall 54% to 42%. It's a damn good sign, so think positive!

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

There was a recent poll among Trump supporters and 87% of them don't believe the polls and think Trump is going to win.

Are they in for a rude awakening. ....lol...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    ZenKarma likes this.
  7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Maybe we should use a trick out of the rights handbook and tell them he is so far ahead that they don't need to even go out and vote

SoulHippie and ZenKarma like this.
  8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

ZenKarma likes this.
  9. newo

It's now believed that Trump must win in Florida or it's all over. Biden is ahead in Florida by an average of 2 points. Four more days folks!

SoulHippie likes this.
  10. ~Zen~

The suspense is killing me.

The thought if Trump winning absolutely makes my stomach churn with anger, and some fear.

Last night I heard Michael Moore state that he doesn't believe the polls and Trump will win. It's a fear we all have, but why express it? That's just a way to validate it. Not good.

The thing is we won't know for weeks who the winner is. And who's going to lead the clean up afterwards? Or will it just be more of a descent into chaos, self-destruction and hell?

It is difficult to remain positive when the only 'news' is twisted one way or the other.

scratcho and SoulHippie like this.
  11. newo

It may be an attempt to keep people from being complacent and to get them off their asses and vote. Make them see the urgency.

ZenKarma likes this.
  12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Trump doesn't want any votes counted after election night... Kavanaugh has already stated the same... The rest of the Republican Supreme Court will go along with this.

It's already been rigged.

scratcho likes this.
  13. ~Zen~

Yes, a little too far indeed!

MoonGoddess likes this.
  14. newo

[​IMG]

ZenKarma likes this.
  15. You know... I really thought there was no way in hell enough people would be stupid enough to vote for him last time but I was wrong. This time I am not so optimistic but I hope I am wrong. The polls really don't mean anything, it's the voting that counts but then again, who knows what that ....person (trying not to devolve into name calling)... and all his followers will do if he gets voted out.

scratcho and ZenKarma like this.
  16. newo

Then again, what will we do if he gets re-elected? The riots are bad enough already!

MoonGoddess likes this.
  17. Now I just want to vomit!

We could build a bunker and just stay down there, lol:D

18. ~Zen~

I am thinking of living out of the country for an extended period of time at this point... unless there is drastic change from the chaos that exists I see no reason to visit the land I was born in. Besides there are literally no places to live. I read California is dumping another TEN THOUSAND home renters to the streets. The empty units will now cost double or triple what it was before as there is no law against that.

19. newo

Or we could join the riots! :rage: