the FERRET thread!!!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by PuggyThePuggernaut, May 27, 2004.

1. PuggyThePuggernaut

PuggyThePuggernaut Member

Anyone here keep ferrets as pets ?

I personally have a 1yr old male named Walnut,
    I think they are by far the best pet to have and ive had both cats and dogs, they seem to be the perfect medium between cat and dog personalities, not as solitary as a cat, but very affectionate and playful throughout their whole lives.

please feel free to post your experiences or questions involving those furry fuzzbutts..

-Puggy

2. Dalee

Dalee Member

I've been thinking of getting a ferret.

I have to ask though, do they crap a lot?

I had a rat, and I never played with him because he'd always crap on me.

I love animals though

3. Just4laughs

Just4laughs Member

I have three ferrets two males one female. Ghetto Dude is a 4 yr old DEW, Jynx is a year old and Tweak is 10 months. A love having ferrets but they make getting any house work done imposible. If you think one ferret is hyper you should see three of them go nuts at the same time.

4. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Can someone buy me one?

5. mosaicthreads

mosaicthreads Member

Yea a ferret thread!!! I have the sweetest sable ferret named Francine. I love to take her places with me and see the reaction of people. She is such a sweet and friendly girl, so she makes a great ambassador for ferrets. I agree that they are a nice balance between a dog and a cat (both of which I also have, and also adore.) My daughter and son-in-law have 2 ferrets, a white male and a sable female who is the ADHD model of ferret! We have play dates with them often! ;)

6. metro

metro self-banned

They are cute, but mischievious[​IMG]. I've never owned one, but know many people who do or have in the past. Little weasels...[​IMG]

7. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

my cousin had ferret and it was the sweetest little thing. unfortunatley it had a HUGE flea problem and he didnt do to much to help....he gave it daily baths and put borax all over the house...but to no avail. i really felt so bad for him :(:(:( but one day he escaped the house and ran away. hopefully someone found him and had him treated and all....but i was sorta glad that he got out...he didnt have to live in that flea infested home anymore! (it was so bad that you would be attacked by just walking in the place) I couldnt even imagine how it must have been for him....I am glad he got free! Poor little froto! I hope is finally at peace somewhere.

8. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

my mom has 2 ferrets. they are soo cute. they remind me a lot of kittens, they're so playful, and they never grow out of it. my mom's female ferret is a thief. she steals the remote control and tubes of toothpaste and hides them under the bed.

9. Just4laughs

Just4laughs Member

Oh man I walked into the pet store today and was offered two sweet ferrets they have been together for two years and the owner sold them to the pet store. They aren't hopefull of selling them because one is 4 the other is 2 almost three. Guess who got suckered into buying them. So on thursday I will have five ferrets.

10. metro

metro self-banned

Whoa! You're gonna have your hands full![​IMG]