The fall of the American empire

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bird_migration, Apr 15, 2013.

1. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Awesome post again, oh great king of assumptions. I am glad you figured out my 'type'. You must feel so smart now that you think you know all about me, whilst in reality you know absolutely nothing.
    Now be a good boy and stay on topic instead of glorifying your awesome self.

Woof woof.

2. Sitka

Sitka viajera

This thread is amusing.

Americans don't travel as much, but it's not because they are ignorant hillbillies. They don't travel as much because travel is daunting the first time you leave, and the commitment is so much higher when you have to fork out as much extra as an American does. It has nothing to do with their cultural character.

If you said instead that Americans are ignorant hillbillies because they don't travel, then that is a different story. :rolleyes:

and to the Bird man, I'll offer a Junot Diaz quote: "No matter how far it goes, a donkey can't come back a horse."

Cheers.

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

This thread is not about travelling whatsoever and nobody said anything about ignorant hillbillies because they don't travel.

Now go back to your hole or post something relevant to this thread instead of stirring up poop. And don't keep on posting the same quote over and over, it doesn't make you look smart.

4. Sitka

Sitka viajera

60 years is a long time to be testy about your Grandma blowing a GI on his long march to Berlin.

5. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Yeah, the great European war of 1953. Who doesn't remember that. :2thumbsup:

6. Sitka

Sitka viajera

Me math gooder words.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I have spent the last two days trying to work out a valid reason for the dive in the gold price. Confidence in the US economy might be better, but thats not going to explain a 30% dive in three days.

Anyhoo, fall of the US "Empire", dont see it happening anytime soon, as crazy as those americanos are. Rest of the world cant seem to get its shit together

8. Sitka

Sitka viajera

How much money are you out?

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well, I wont say how much cos they hate capitalists here, and technically havent lost anything cos it probably is just some manipulation shit be all the hedge funds and it will be back up in a month, so havent sold

But stocks in three gold miners. One of which split its shares a month ago, thought it was a bargain at 20c per share, its now down to 12 cents

10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Ha, ha, ha......:2thumbsup:

hotwater

11. odonII

odonII O

No.

12. Sig

Sig Senior Member

We have an Empire?

13. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

no, you just think u do..
    whatever u have is crumbling away...

14. Sig

Sig Senior Member

We think we do? huh, I've never heard any of my friends talk about this so called empire we apparently think we have. Weird.

15. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Click me.

16. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Yeah but your friends would describe anyone who pisses on Margaret Thatcher's grave as a "Communist"..
    Weird.

17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Most Americans are always surprised (shocked even) to know that most people here never had a job as a teenager. Like it's a bad thing to be 16 and not have a job....because it teaches you responsibility,discipline and all that :sunny:
    Kids should be kids, and shouldn't work. They will have a lifetime of work and jobs, so who cares.
    Like getting a job and earning money is a number one thing for kids to learn.

18. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Really? I haven't heard a single one of my friends comment on Margaret Thatcher or those celebrating her death. I wonder where all these "friends" of mine you describe are. I mean, you certainly seem to know what is going on where I live, so they must be here right?

19. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Wikipedia? Really? Can I link to the article I wrote on brain surgery there?

20. odonII

odonII O

I think you might have heard of 'American Imperialism' before. I'm not sure if you can equate that to an American Empire, though.