The fall of the American empire

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bird_migration, Apr 15, 2013.

1. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Do you think we will witness the fall of America in our lifetime?
    And if so, who do you think should be the next superpower?
    My vote goes to Jamaica. Seems more fun to have them in control of the world than America.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think we're witnessing the beginning of the end now.

I would say China has a chance at being the next great superpower but their relationship with America is too symbiotic. China can't be an economic superpower if Americans aren't outsourcing manufacturing and buying all the cheap made in china kitsch.

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

At least the Chinese food is better, if just by a little. I rather see more Chinese restaurants than McDonald's over here.

4. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Next Superpower...Narnia..

5. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

We're to big to fail

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

America needs to fall so there can be a world government, which is the goal of the ones in control. So yeah, we are already witnessing the fall of the US (really it has already fallen). It just hasn't been fully realized yet. It will, soon.

7. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My husband is sure it's inevitable, and perhaps soon... and the creepy thing is, he's uncanny at being correct and predicting these sort of things. And because of this, our home is stocked for a mini apocalypse.
    I on the other hand am a skeptic. I think things could get worse, but I don't think they'll ever be a full blown, all out, chaos in the streets, cop car tipping (on my bucket list!) riot. I think people will continue to gripe and moan and complain, the government will put in little or no effort to fix things and will instead bullshit us, and life will move on.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

Somalia ..

[​IMG]

9. deviate

deviate Senior Member

You'd like that wouldn't you. Anyway, I don't think it will fall. Civil unrest - maybe.

10. broony

broony Banned

i doubt America will 'fall' if things get to bad...well we will just threaten the rest to give up their shit...

right?

i mean in poor countries, those who have the steel, steal from the rest right..?

[​IMG]

11. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Ofcourse it will fall at some point, every single past "superpower" did. Question is when and question is if we will get a world government, as Rat predicted, or that another power will rise.
    I expect that we won't get a world government just yet, but that it is inevitable eventually.
    Most likely Asia will give a try at policing the world, most likely China, India or a combination.

12. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

If the current "powers" were to fall I can definitely see countries like India and Brazil becoming world powers.

13. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Why don't you come travel to the US. Go around and meet everyone you can. Then tell me if you think it will fall.

And I'm not talking about monuments and tourist shit. Come over here and get gritty.

14. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Yes Brazil is one of the contenders too. They even managed to host the world championship of football next year, that must surely be a sign that something is going on.

15. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Oh damn. In that case, I think the clock is ticking for the US.

16. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Great idea, I am sure every random American would know all about world affairs and can enlighten me why America would always be number one. The greatest country on Earth. The land of freedom. Keeping the dream alive!

17. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I'm talking about heart, guts, and not taking shit. You really have no idea what you are talking about. But until you do I guess I can keep laughing at your internet based opinions.

18. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

You think the Romans didn't have heart, guts and took shit?
    Or the Brits? Or the Dutch for that matter? Etc. etc.
    All of them thought they were invincible. You really have no idea what you are talking about. But until you do I guess you can keep living in your perfect little dreamworld, created by your American media.

19. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

I agree, Americans will always be Americans in their hearts. However this country is so divided that if the "System" were to collapse I can see us splitting into at least 2 countries. But this time instead of Slave and Non-Slave states, we'll have Religious and Non-Religious States.

20. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Americans are just failed Europeans and slaves basically. It must be hard not to have a real identity and still wanting to belong somewhere.