The End of Invention?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Juiceman3000, May 8, 2004.

1. DistantState

DistantState Member

Totaly.. developments in stem cell research and nanno technology could one day bring most other areas of development to a close, imagine creating anything you want at the touch of a button, re cycling anything and making dangerous waste safe, making old food fresh, also healing or even re-growing any part of your body with stem cells. There wouldnt be all that much else for us to do after that... as for transport, more efficient fuel types already exist so there's nothing really groundbreaking there it's just a shame it's not viable for companies to devellop them further yet. i think their will be some real breakthroughs in space travel in the next few decades now it's going comercial and there's gonna be a whole lot of investment. It'll be a whole new space race with the private companies fighting it out to corner the market.

as mentioned above the real breakthrougs are the ones that no one sees comming, thats kinda the point.. if we had an inkling of what it was going to be loads of people would be trying to do it and when it happened it wouldnt be much of a surprise.

incidently this topic is where i get my tag from, the distant state is the final state of a problem or puzzle which has several stages before reaching a conclusion.. the distant state is when we've ran out of questions, done all there is to do kinda thing..

do you think we could ever get there or are we gonna fuck it all up first?

2. *Doormouse

*Doormouse Member

Yada, yada, yada.
    What can the common non-tech/computerized person create these days that isn't just a 3:00 a.m. "but wait there's more!" $20 ripoff.

Perhaps (definitely) I don't possess enough know-how to accurately predict the future, but I believe others would agree that the major inovations are bound to be technological, or as mentioned biological ventures.
    I see my middle-agedhood (and hopefully not my youngadulthood) riddled with powerful and destructive findings manufactured and mass insisted,,,, accepted under the guise of a better way of living.
    Maybe I'm oldfashioned for a youngin', but the best future idea that I can think of, is the return to the essentials and nature's simplicities.

I don't deny that future deemed progress isn't an interesting accomplishment, though I'd like to lose the plug rather than find a different use for it.

The accomplishments I'd be most interested in hopefully wil be the ones to rely not-so-heavly upon our mother for our means of luxury.(but at what cost?)

Anyway... Life and Love

3. Tamee

Tamee naked

I have a feeling that the next new accomplishments will take place in the way the human mind works.

4. Personface

Personface Tennessee Jed

There are many things that have yet to be invented. I am still waiting for a teleportation device.