The end is here, what do you pack?

Discussion in 'Living on the Earth' started by Sociologist, Jun 3, 2007.

1. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

i would bring walden by thoreau

2. plastic bagism

plastic bagism Member

YES. Damn right.

3. poor_old_dad

poor_old_dad Senior Member

Amen

Strange... no one mentioned to bring food. If you survive to get out of town, if you make it to a place with water & land to garden (and no one else beat you to it), if it's the right time of year for planting, & you manage to get a harvest(2 to 7 months after planting)... what are you going to eat in the mean time?

As for me, I'd stay right here on my little farm in the woods & implement my "survival plan".

Peace,
    poor_old_dad

4. Gaston

Gaston Loup Garou

The situation you've described (apartment dweller so no land to farm, only taking what you can carry) pretty much shifts you into the role of hunter/gatherer, or as one scientist termed it, "opportunistic feeder". In that role, a couple of good books on edible wild plants and primitive survival skills would be worth carrying - of course, if you had that knowledge in your head already you'd be far better off. If society breaks down completely then knowledge is something of value that can't be stolen, and makes you worth more alive than in a stewpot.

5. get_up_stand_up

get_up_stand_up Member

It would really depend on if the new world was worth living in. If not I'd get a lot of heroin and some rigs. If it was livable I'd get some marijuana seeds, a knife, some clean clothes, a bowl, some source of fire, marijuana, lsd, rolling papers, shrooms, condoms, and my woman.

6. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

I wouldnt pack a gun. For a start i dont have a gun, secondly i wouldnt need one
    Seeds was a very good idea...obviously enough food to live off until they grow, also. Some clothes for when its cold but not too many, dont want to be weighed down. Tent. Matches. Uhm...some photos of me and my fiancé...a few bottled waters for until i find a stream

7. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

ooh, didnt see youd already pointed that out!

8. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

LOL:D

9. liguana

liguana Member

Glad u guys got everything all covered. All I need is some rope, a bullet proof vest, a fully loaded automatic rifle, a handgun and plenty of amo.
    Then I can loot and face-rape the rest of you fools LOL.

10. floydianslip6

floydianslip6 Senior Member

A knife, two metal pots, a flint, an axe and a canteen if I could get seeds that would be great. That's all you need. You should try ultra-light back packing.

11. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

a family pack of scotts itll last a month anyway! lol

12. oldfart

oldfart Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

1 pack m&m's
    2 chunky bars
    1 pack oreos
    35 lbs coffee
    1 knife
    1 flint
    1 9mm glock to protect myself from Liguana and those who try to take my oreos... I'll share the rest=)

13. Wormed

Wormed Member

I'd pack slippers.

Definitely.

14. shaman_stig

shaman_stig Member

1st i go to the place in town that sells mobile homes so what i can carry is greatly increased pick up a few air rifles some fishing kit and some patatoes theyll grow any where and then the most important thing my freinds