The end as we know it?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by PeRrY, May 18, 2004.

1. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

How long do you guys think the human race will last for?
    I think we have probably 50,000 years left, based on the fact that we are fucking everything up.
    We have totally erased the idea of natural selection,I hate to say it but those who have diseases and are kept alive because of machines and tons of pills, shouldnt live like that. The weak are supposed to die off.
    Also, we have messed with evolution, animals that were never supposed to have bred,with some species are forced to(Such as how they made a 'liger'-a cross between a lion and tiger. And many others like that) or are Mfg. in a lab, so that we can get the desired traits from them that we want.
    We are messing with the natural role of things, were gonna get so advanced and dependent on technology, thats its going to be the downfall of us.

2. billhicksrulez

billhicksrulez Member

Yep, we are so proud of what we have achieved in science that just a miniscule part of what we are researching is actually of use to solving the problems we need to solve. The rest is just gathering knowledge because we can, which in the end might be of some use.
    But to get back to your question, according to the mayacalender, the year 2012 will be of huge significance to the human race/world.
    I hope it will be a new start, of any kind. And if that happens, we have to acknowledge the fact (I think) that a big problem with leadership is that the people who want power are the ones that shouldn't get it, but tend to get it anyway.
    N.

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

it could end at any time. who knows?

4. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

...And is that supposed to be a good or a bad thing?:p

5. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

3.5 years

a few may survive a while past that, but we won't be at such a technologically advanced state. huts and such, and then hunted to death by carnvores

mmmm carnivores

6. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

A lot of the sciences we are researching do have specific intended uses. Like the 'liger' for instance. Sounds like a stupid waste of money, yes? No. I'm not saying it's for the best but these things line up with what we're trying to accomplish. We keep the sick and old around too long(no offense to anybody), and we are facing overcrowding. When animals become over-populated we allow hunters to hunt them, or hunt more of them. We, obviously, don't consider ourselves animals necessarily. What do we do, we find a way to create food, to manufacture life. To perfect genetics. It's all the wrong direction in my opinion, but it's all in the same direction. It's not like the things they are doing are over in left field somewhere.

And I think regarldess of how badly we fuck up planet earth, given a time line, the human race will be removed from the planet. Well those that can afford it anyway.

7. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Until the next ELE. Maybe even beyond that. Humans are like cockroaches. We aren't going anywhere.

8. AshtonsMom

AshtonsMom Banned

that's true...it's not something i think about, i just try to live my life day by day.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

When the definitive end will be is uncertain. The end of the world AS WE KNOW IT, I believe will be within most of our lifetimes. I think we are going to see things happen in the next 5-10 years that most people would have never in their wildest dreams imagined.

10. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

You mean you don't think the Democrats are going to come in, in 2k8 and save us all from the apocolypse created by the republicans, Matt? :rolleyes: lol