the effect of marijuana

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Communism, May 15, 2004.

1. Communism

Communism Member

Tell me about it :)

2. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

You get high. What more did you expect? :)

3. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Total relaxation, eupohria and a overwhelming feeling of well being.

4. NeverMore889

NeverMore889 Member

i take it then that uve never done it well let my try to explain a little better than those 2 before me. altough its really quite hard to explain since there is nothing to compare it to for you.

well first of all you will still be thinking perfectly the same. your attitude and personality will still be exactly the same. possibly a little bit lazier and uncaring but basically your thinking exactly the same.

what is different is all your senses. the way you see,touch,smell,taste and hear is all different. basically all information going into your brain is interperated differently. (*side note* this is where i think the 'munchies' come from since say u feel a little hungry it will be strongly increased making you feel very hungry) They way you see things in 3D is changed. Small things you feel that usually you dont even notice, such as your t-shirt rubbing against your back, will be increased and become very noticable. If you feel a constant force on your body (ex friend pushing your chest) normally you brain works out that your chest is not moving backwards even though there is a force there. When your super high it would feel like your chest is moving backwards even though the rest of you is not. You will interpret sounds not as loud as usual. Depending on the frequency the loudness you interpet changes. When listening to music sometimes you will notice like hidden beats that you usually dont hear because of this.
    i think thats pretty good altough getting high is usually way overrated by people who havent done it. probably because ive never seen it shown probably ever on tv and movies etc. So its probably not going to be what you expect but still pretty fun i think.

5. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Personally I think, form the perspective of someone who has smoked marijuana, that this post is as funny as being on herb actually.

:)

6. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

I disagree with whoever said that you don't think differently.
    You do think differently while high, you find things funny which you don't normally find funny, you have weird random thoughts and your imagination becomes more vivid, IMO.
    It's fun getting lost in your mind.

7. UFO

UFO Banned

One word sums it up...........

NIRVANA

8. NeverMore889

NeverMore889 Member

ya actually i guess SweeperOfDreams13 got a point. u do random thoughts hahah. but i meant by it more like your personality doesnt really change and the usual u is still in complete with same morals and knowledge

but good point man

9. bertrose

bertrose Member

I agree. I can think the same, reason the same, etc. I don't do stupid stuff when high, like drive a car while under the influence, etc. I can do alot of stuff high than i would drunk. But yeah u'll be dizzy. Things will seem to be in slow motion. Sometimes my whole body is tingly all over. Sometimes, it depends on the weed, i start twitching all over. I never really had the munchies. Everything in ur body gets really hot. Also when ur listening to music, u go into a trance where all u hear is the music, atleast i do. When u listen to music, u can almost here every note. It's so amazing to hear. Especially when listening to really long Phish jams.

10. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I don't smoke pot on a regular basis, but when I do get stoned I DON'T get the munchies...just a bad case of cotton mouth. Sometimes I zone out other people (if any others are around) like my ears/mind go in & out of any conversation in the room and I get very tired. Pot works better then any sleeping pill, toothache stuff, or anything Dr's give ya for headaches & upset
    stomaches. And I only have to take 2-3 hits to get this relief.

11. Communism

Communism Member

That sounds extremely cool! I'll check it out... Although I don't have a clue where to get it... Help me out? How do I know they haven't put shit up in it? If it is fake or whatever?

Anyways, what you told me reminds me of yesterday when I meditated.

It was very nice, and I felt like my fingers, which were spread, were like touching eachother, and it became so extremely hot between my fingers, that I have to move them, and then I felt this huge tickling sensation in my fingers.. and I thought that my quilt was touching me, but it wasn't... And I felt that I was upside down, and my arms began to fly.. So I relaxed a little more, and then a friend called.. So I just laughed for things I would never laugh of before, and I wanted to touch myself and other people, so I started hugging my myself and my leg, and I said like 5 times to her, I love you, do you know I love you? Hahahaa, I love you, I loooove you :)

12. Little One

Little One Member

that happend to you from just MEDITATING?? yah ok you're kind of stupid no offense

13. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

Please tell me you were high when meditating.

If not, um, you should seek... help?

14. Little One

Little One Member

..i agree...

15. rach_598

rach_598 Member

ive only been high twice and both times i felt like i was about to haf a seizure...i prolly just did to much...:(

16. felix44

felix44 Member

when i started i expected it to be like being drunk like your totally differnt, but ahts not the case at all, lilek the first 10-15 times i smoked i kept thinking nothing was happening, but now i realize im much more relaxed, and have a crazier imagination....not what i expected but still pretty cool :)

17. rdfleece27

rdfleece27 Member

if i smoke weed---which isn't one of my favorite things to do...much prefer to booze...but i will get a bit more aware and relaxed. other than that...it's not much different from normalcy. i very much hate getting very stoned. 1 or 2 bowls for me is just fine. if i get super stoned i will get very very antsy and unable to sit still and feel completely uncomfortable. 1 good word to describe how you might feel if you just smoke 1 or 2 bowls is 'comfortable'. that's my desired effect from smoking the ganj.

18. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

what the fuck?

19. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

haha some of my favouite effects of weed:
    • ability to play imagination cgames (pretend) like commandos, whilst keeping dignity and seriosuness
    • seeing things in the dark
    • percieving blurred or unclear objects in crazy and unusual ways
    • when i fall abckwards, i keep feeling that im upright when im actually falling, till im almost hitting the ground
    • finding the stupiedst thigns funny
    • RUNNING!
    • looking at flames
    • thinkning toys and stuff are real, despite their inanimation
    • eating raspberry filled krispy kreme doughnuts
    • masturbating feels awesome
    • i can see funny cartoons in my vision if i close my eyes. or look at other dark dark places
    the list goes on. i msut say tho, i have stopped almsot completely from alchohol since weed. weed is SO much better for me. i never used to get hangovers anyway

20. Peace_of_Pizza

Peace_of_Pizza Member

When u smoke weed senses are enhanced, when u eat food it will be a lot more pleasurable to eat and stimulates a feeling that u get from the high which is like a "vibration" or a feeling of electricity going round ur body, senses stimulate this feeling greatly wen ur high, things become loads more funny and if u start to laugh at somthing ur most likely to have a long laughing fit at stupid things and then probley the fact that ur laughing at that stupid thing and so on. You could become more imaginative and ur thoughts can easily wonder into a deep thought about something almost meditating, this could be sparked by anything. if ur really minced then sounds can be altered or distorted, like the singing of birds could become echoey or somthing or a car passing by could sound like a swooshing wave, wen ur high u will find that u wanna concentrate on only 1 thing at a time. The more u r relaxed or concentrating on one thing the better the high generally.