The Dutch Create the Real Big Brother

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by skip, Sep 14, 2005.

1. consolidated

consolidated Banned

OMG skip, you really have no clue.. There are so many protest action in this country I can't even count them.. There are so many people that are wronged by this government that you can't possibly oversea everything and attend every protest.. We, velvet (remember her?) and myself went to the protest last saturday and there were so many groups of people who were all there for different reasons.. We KNOW our government sucks and we are trying the best we can..
    The reason people aren't having a serious debate here is that we don't want to get banned if we say something you don't like.. (OMG I'm discussing your banning policy, please don't ban me :eek: )
    Because of this velvet and I started our own forum where we do discuss dutch policy and other things and you're very welcome to discuss with us.. Visit http://www.freedom-forum.net We won't ban you if you disagree with us..

I'm kind of tired of your accusations, I didn't even read everything you wrote.. But you know, at least we stay in our country and try to make things better..

2. mafuman

mafuman Banned

Skip, you bitch about Bush? Move back to the states and vote you little pansy. stop running away from so called fascist gov'ts and stay and fight.

everytime you don't like a situation you run away.

wow.

clap clap clap

3. Joehorse

Joehorse Member

Wow, you show that you have absolutely no idea what fascism is. If you ever lived in the Nederlands, maybe you picked up a book on their history, and maybe you read about real fascists marching into the country, levelling towns to the ground with bombs, and marching off people to their deaths because of what ethnicity they are or what their beliefs.
    It's amazing to me how leftists love to compare Bush to Hitler.
    It really shows that they know nothing about history, nor about events happening in today's society.
    And it is why the leftists rants ring hollow again and again as they lose elections across the globe.

4. consolidated

consolidated Banned

that's not fair.. you generalising all leftists.. it's the same as when skip talks about all dutch people..

When people feel strongly about something they tend to exaggerate, everybody does that.. Bush isn't Hitler, but you can compare them.. for example they both are (were) leaders of a large country and they both started a war.. ;)

5. skip

skip Founder Administrator

See what I mean, all three, criticising me, not one discussing any of the issues i raised. Why not? Why bother to post if just to criticise the other poster, and not address the content of their posts? Well THAT kind of flaming will definitely get you banned. So either put up with a proper response or don't bother to post in this forum at all.

I'm far more sick of your ganging up on people speaking their minds, than you are about my doing just that.

Got it?

The only thing ringing hollow around here are your attempts to derail the thread with personal attacks.

6. consolidated

consolidated Banned

If you really want to discuss this issues with dutch who care come to freedom-forum.net skip.. I'm not gonna discuss this with you here, cause I don't want to get banned again for speaking my mind..
    you talk about personal attack, but you attack me personal when you generalise all dutch people, so don't give me that crap..

7. Joehorse

Joehorse Member

And I can compare Schwarzenegger to Hitler because they are both Austrian.
    I guess that's why I really try not to discuss politics on these boards.

8. Joehorse

Joehorse Member

Hey, I don't like Big Government knowing my whereabouts, asking me for my ID card, whatever the case.
    And I agree with you that when people give up some of their rights, that government wants to take more of them away, and that only the people can take them back- I ain't no revolutionary, but I think it's not at that point yet.
    Now, getting to a so called "personal attack". Where was it?
    Quote me, show me- I've lloked, I don't see anything criticising you.
    If you are going to be so petty, then boot me, there are plenty of other boards that I can read/write about one of the greatest cities in the world, Amsterdam.
    Or, did we forget what your forum is about Skip?

9. mafuman

mafuman Banned

quit being such a victim.

you don't like to discuss

you just like to write FASCIST in all caps.

go fuck off

10. guest1234

guest1234 Visitor

Dude im the one at school with the presentations about how fucked up the country will be if we keep letting all this Americanization happen, im the one who says its not all the Marroccans and whoever else doesnt have blonde hair and blue eyes fault. Most people on here are pretty left politically wise, were not the people youre complaining about so this is pointless.

11. cadcruzer

cadcruzer Sailing the 8 seas

• it's gonna take alot more than moving them to discourage us ....

12. skip

Yeah, but this is a FREE-SPEECH site, yet you have NEVER started a thread or criticized your government here. Why save your criticisms for only the Dutch? Why are you Dutch so reluctant to hear criticisms from non-Dutch? Why do you attack those who criticise the Dutch, when you feel free to do so with your fellow countrymen?

Why should I go to another more limited (Dutch) forum to discuss these things when I've created these forums for just this purpose?

You Dutch want to present such a squeeky clean image to foreigners, meanwhile your own society gets more fucked up daily, and you resent those who point it out to you.

And regardless of the number protests you go to, it sure seems to me that you are flogging a dead horse, cause we're not seeing much response from your government.

At least you withdrew your troops from Iraq, but they should never have gone there in the first place. And of course you Dutch aren't very good at protecting foreigners anyway, as proven in Bosnia. That is about the only concession your government has made towards protests that I've seen so far.

And it should be obvious once again that when I criticise the Dutch it is not ALL the Dutch that I'm talking about, but usually the majority, especially those supporting the current government. But no, you guys all take it personally cause I write the word YOU. If you're not smart enough to figure out whether or not my comments apply to you, then they probably do. If the shoe fits...

BTW Consolidated, how can I "have no clue" when I myself attended numerous protests in Amsterdam when I lived there? I got to see just how ineffective they were in altering Dutch policy.

You guys talk a big storm, but you're obviously NOT doing enough. Instead of attacking those who've been there, done that with protests in other countries, you might LISTEN and respect what they have to say about your country. You might even LEARN something (god forbid) about how others see your country.

I've found the Dutch society to be incredibly insular and exclusive. You guys think you know everything about everything, and everyone else's opinion has no value at all.

But I tell you this: you haven't learned your history well enough. The younger generations have had it too easy and expect their government to take care of them, not realizing how involved in politics they must be for that promise to be kept.

Meanwhile Balkenende undoes the social system to favor big business interests while your people spend their free time watching football games and going to ecstasy infused raves.

13. skip

If the shoe fits...

If it don't it don't.

I'm sick of the Dutch railing against those who criticise their government and those who support it or ignore it. We who've lived in Holland have that right. In fact it is one of the few rights left that we foreign expats have there. Yet some of you would deny us that right, as shown by the number of personal attacks leveled here against those who speak their mind.

Many of the Dutch who come here would rather give directions to a coffeeshop than discuss the direction their country is heading. Very sad, but typical of Dutch apathy. I can accept their disregard for what is going on in their own country (lord knows my country is far more apathetic), but to attack those who speak out without even addressing the issues, and derailing threads with concerted attacks will not be tolerated here.

14. skip

Another thing, I get accused of "running away" from countries whose policies I don't like. Well in the case of Holland, I was pretty much forced out due to changes in Dutch law that made it more difficult if not impossible for people like me to live there.

But I suppose discussing that kind of thing would just lead to more personal attacks against me. That is the atmosphere that has developed on this forum. Perhaps some more bans are in order...

15. cadcruzer

cadcruzer Sailing the 8 seas

.....myself i would like to here about it. only for the purpose of knowledge. i too "was" considering the Netherlands as a retirement choice , but from what i've read an heard , seem's almost impossible.

16. skip

That would have to be another whole thread, when I feel in the mood. Right now I couldn't care less about the Netherlands & Dutch, even though it is my concern about their future that prompts all my posts on these subjects.

In fact it also my concern that these new Dutch laws set a fascist precedent for other countries to follow. If the Dutch succeed in implementing these laws, then it's quite likely to be a model for fascists everywhere. Rather than accepting the very successful Dutch soft-drug policy model or prostitution regulation, fascists are all too keen to copy that which gives them more control over their people.

Most Dutch haven't a clue what kind of pandora's box they've opened with these new laws. They think it only affects them, when in reality it will soon affect those in other countries, just as their new residency laws affect expats. All these laws are fascist in their intent and effect.

I'd like to see some Dutch person here do some fucking research and compare these new laws to those promulgated in Holland during the Nazi occupation. I'm sure there are some close comparisons to be drawn. But that would require someone to do some homework when they could be watching football or going to a rave.

17. skip

In fact I'm now wondering how much the use of club drugs have affected the thinking processes of the Dutch. I've noticed those who regularly go to clubs have far less interest in politics.

And since this makes up a big proportion of young Dutch of voting age, perhaps that is why the government allows the widespread use of these drugs - to keep the young people quiet and docile. Marijuana works that trick awfully well too.

Ah yes, welcome to the Brave New World of the Dutch. (I'm not sure it should be called "brave" tho, after Bosnia...)

18. skip

Another thing the Dutch seem to not be too aware of is that these new laws are modeled after laws being considered in the US & the UK, by their fascist leaders.

Again your insularity works against you because you think of your political process as being something independent whereas the truth is that your government has been manipulated to an extreme extent by US policy makers.

The whole Iraq war debacle illustrates this if you've done any research at all on how the US influenced your going to war.

The whole war on terror has enabled the US to dictate terms to other European governments (some of whom at first cooperated, then finally resented the interference). These terms included much more intrusion into people's personal lives and much more organization of personal information accessible by far too many parties. The new Dutch laws even take this further, having leapfrogged over what other "freedom-loving" countries have managed to pass off on their populace.

To create such laws out of fear is far more damaging than what they are used to fight against. The terrorists win because they are more able to change society than it's own citizens can.

The Dutch only see this as: "Oh I have to get an ID now", or "Damn, I have to pay a 50 Euro fine". And that's as far as their concern goes. Pathetic.

When the authorities can stop you at will and search you for no good reason, your society is already doomed.

19. skip

The Dutch are clearly victims of the "US" and "THEM" mentality that the Bush administration has promulgated.

Of course the Dutch were already well on their way with their racist attitudes towards immigrants, never fully accepting them as "Dutch". I encountered that "us" and "them" attitude towards minorities in almost every Dutch I met, including many who consider themselves "liberal".

It is this polarization into black and white that has allowed the fascists to gain power. Witness how Pim Fortuyn made a whole platform based on this.

20. skip

1. Leftists are WINNING elections around the world - what fascist channel do you get your news from?

2. I found more bigotry and racism in Holland when I lived there (for 8 years) than I did in Germany when I lived there...

3. Fascists cannot assume complete power overnight. First they must pass laws to give a legitimacy to their fascist actions. Hitler knew this very well and passed laws each more fascist than the last, eventually assuming full personal power over Germany. Your government is following his footsteps exactly, just as Bush & Blair are trying to do. However you complacent Dutch are making it all too easy for Balkenende to accomplish this.