The Dump Trump Thread

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by ZenKarma, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I hesitate to ask, but why did they do that? Not out of political correctness over his slave owning, I hope. I think his was pretty small-scale in comparison with Washington and Jefferson. 875 North Michigan Ave. is so impersonal. John Hancock put his famous bold signature on the Declaration of Independence, along with lots of other slave owners. Surely that deserves commemoration. But he did appreciate the fact that the slaves fought along side the American rebels in the Revolutionary War.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

My original suggestion that he jump off the top of a tall building wasn't because I don't like him or his opinions, but to test the notion (which as I recall he was defending) that there is no objective reality. Reality bites. It's not all subjective. No getting around gravity. If that weren't the case, nobody would be upset at my suggestion.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    ZenKarma likes this.
  3. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I think she won, and 60% of the people who watched the debate think she won. I do agree though that she should have been more forthright on some questions.

stormountainman likes this.
  4. wrat1

wrat1 Members

February 12, 2018, John Hancock Insurance requested that its name and logos throughout the building's interior be removed immediately; John Hancock had not had a naming-rights deal with the skyscraper's owners since 2013. Until a new naming-rights deal is finalized, the skyscraper will be known as "875 North Michigan Avenue".

Tishomingo likes this.
  5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well woop-de-freakin'-doo. Now can we please get back to dumping Trump?!

ZenKarma and stormountainman like this.
  6. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I have always thought it's best to be honest when delivering a public speech. If the speaker is not honest, he's only make an ass out of his own self when the truth comes out. Just have a look at all the inconsistencies Trump has dished out. He claims to be tough but is afraid of North Korea. He said we'll have great health care, and it never arrived. He said he'll be everyone's president but insulted half the population. Just yesterday he claimed to be all for environmental protections, after causing catastrophic policy changes which favor mining companies, oil companies, and forest product companies. He says he's all for America First but is attacking our electoral process on a daily basis, because he knows we The Voters shall not re-elect him.

Flagme15 and ZenKarma like this.
  7. stormountainman

I will always call it the John Hancock building because I feel like it. I am a very special Muslim and my God says I can call it the John Hancock building. And like a tree standing by the water, I shall not be moved.

ZenKarma likes this.
  8. stormountainman

I wanted Elizabeth Warren to be president at first, then VP when Joe was nominated. I wanted her because she would come down hard on all the criminal corporations who use batteries of lawyers to get around our civil, criminal, and environmental laws. Now that we have Kamala, I'll accept the wish of the majority of Democrats. She is now our nominee and has proven herself to be a woman with a keen mind, and a very sharp tongue. She cut down that White Supremacist fly attracting piece of shit from Indiana with style ... true panache.

Flagme15, Tishomingo and ZenKarma like this.
  9. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

Elizabeth Warren would make a great AG. Donald Trump's worst nightmare. :)

stormountainman and Flagme15 like this.
  10. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

By not answering questions, she lowered herself to pence's level. she's not my first choice, but as some fat guy said "it is what it is".

AG, Treasury Secretary, or Commerce Secretary. Bernie should have a place in the cabinet also.

stormountainman likes this.
  11. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

It is probably best for them to remain in the senate. We can't go forward without them there.

I just hope Joe doesn't fall down the same rabbit hole Obama did by placating the republicans and trying to be all-inclusive. That time is over, the damage is done and they need to be going to prison, the entire lot of them that enabled him.

But then again, t has spent all his political capital, and they know he's going down... watch the rats scurry for crumbs of power. THAT will be amusing and so KARMIC.

stormountainman and Tyrsonswood like this.
  12. stormountainman

I was wondering about that. WE do need solid control of the Senate. WE can surely find a hard nosed AG, maybe Preet Brahara who Trump fired before anyone else. He specialized in investigating financial crimes and international crimes. Trump wanted him out of the way fast.

13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Harris couldn't answer. It would tip Biden's hand.

stormountainman and ZenKarma like this.
  14. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I understand your point. Biden has said he likes to compromise, which I think you have to do to get things done. However, compromise is just that while standing one's ground.

Note: I retract what I said about having Warren, and Sanders in the cabinet. That would only work if their states have democratic governors who can appoint a democratic replacement. Right now, I am too lazy to look it up.

stormountainman and ZenKarma like this.
  15. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Trump has disrupted the rule of law, disgraced our country, given free rein to haters and violence, enchanted the morally weak and intellectually disadvantaged, equated lies and innuendos with verifiable facts, attacked science and the Enlightenment, conspired with our enemies, attacked the Constitution including the First Amendment, belittled our intelligence agencies, military, and foreign services, threatened our states and cities, raped our environment (and maybe a few of our women), dehumanized immigrates (and kidnapped babies from their mother's breasts), politicized the court system and DOJ......and he is a sociopathic bully with dictatorial tendencies.

[​IMG]

16. Tullian

Tullian Member

I listened to some right-wing talk radio just now. Jesus, are these people nuts. They don't even say "Democrat Party" these days. We're Communists. They're also talking violence. Fuckers!

erofant, Tyrsonswood, MeAgain and 2 others like this.
  17. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

trump referred to Kamala has a monster, and a communist.

I seriously doubt that trump thinks she is a communist, but he is playing to his base.
    Unfortunately, his base believes everything he says, and they would never dispute anything he says.

18. Tullian

Tullian Member

It's totally Jim Jones-like with his hardcore followers. If he told them to jump off a cliff, they'd fight each other off racing to the edge.

The rest of the sane yet pure evil Pubbies are riding what used to be, at least in their warped, selfish minds, the hot horse.

They're in deep conflict these days wondering whether it's now time to jump off.

Exit, Stage Left...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  19. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Blinkink heck MeAgain.
    Don’t mince your words now.
    Will ya?! :laughing:

Mind you.
    I agree with every one of them from what I can see from over the pond UK!

I am whinging and whining about our Prime Minister Boris Johnson, but he has nothing on your guy!

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

And all that just before breakfast... What's the rest of the day like?

erofant, stormountainman and MeAgain like this.