The Dump Trump Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZenKarma, Oct 7, 2020.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

Notice how Trump turned on McConnell, but not Vladimir Putin.........WTF does Putin have on Trump.?

Trump turns on McConnell for calling Biden president-elect

President Donald Trump scolded Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Twitter early Wednesday morning for finally acknowledging that President-elect Joe Biden won the 2020 White House race.

The rebuke from the president came more than 14 hours after the Kentucky Republican delivered a speech on the Senate floor Tuesday in the aftermath of the Electoral College’s vote formalizing Biden’s victory

stormountainman and Tishomingo like this.
  2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

True to form. Some day, we may find out. I think the general idea is to show that ANYONE who crosses Trump will be punished. Meanwhile, I hope Trump keeps it up with Moscow Mitch! It might help neutralize one of them or the other. Next it will be Ivanka or Melania!

3. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment

5. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Isn’t it about time the rest of us reclaim the flag as our country’s patriotic symbol from the mob of Trump kissing, ignorant, gun toting, anti-democratic, losers who are certainly not patriotic?

6. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

In fact, they're downright seditious! I'm all for reclaiming it, but how? I face a similar dilemma with my Christian religion, which has been hijacked by Pharisees. The Trumpsters wrap themselves in the flag and the Fundies thump their bibles louder than we Progressive Christians are wont to do. Sanity is never as exciting as insanity, so it's hard to compete!

stormountainman and granite45 like this.
  7. wrat1

wrat1 Members

8. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

[​IMG]

The flying wonder boy as hit the shit big time. about time to weed him out for good..

Tishomingo likes this.
  9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I think the antics yesterday may have been a bridge too far for the Trumpsters. Any thoughts that he would become a shaddow government during the next four years and emerge as the Republican frontrunner or kingmaker have been effectively scuttled by images of those loonies running amok in our Capitol building. Notice how quickly the list of fourteen senators opposing certification of Biden dwindled to half a dozen after the riot. I think young Josh Hawley who was so eager to take the lead in the abortive challenge should start thinking of careers outside politics.

snowtiggernd and Tyrsonswood like this.
  10. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Still over 100 elected members were complicit and seditious HOW IN THE hell is no one talking about this the law is clear

snowtiggernd, MeAgain and Tyrsonswood like this.
  11. newo

Invoking the 25th Amendment could take weeks and Trump will be gone in less than two. Over the next 13 days the best approach is for the rest of the government to not acknowledge Trump's authority. Many Republicans, including Lindsey Graham, have indicated they're ready to do just that. Trump won't be just a lame duck, he'll be a paralyzed duck.

At least he said the transition will be orderly, the closest he'll ever come to conceding. But he can forget all this talk about running again in 2024. Among his supporters who weren't at the riot, while some certainly wished they were there, many others were upset about it. They may stay Republican but they will no longer support Trump.

And if Trump's legal challenges after he leaves office were considerable before this, they must be overwhelming now. Will he stay and fight them or will he leave the country? He can't go to Scotland, they've told him he can't visit due to covid restrictions. Moscow maybe?

12. wrat1

wrat1 Members

If they had ANY conscience they would be charging him with SEDITION

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  13. newo

They might once he's left office.

14. wrat1

wrat1 Members

He COULD be charged now , its debatable whether he could be prosecuted until out of office

15. PJ1783

PJ1783 Member

Trump's a plague

16. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

If he hasn't been pardoned. I doubt that Pence would do it now if he resigned. There's still a debate about whether he could pardon himself.

17. wrat1

wrat1 Members

You cant honestly think the trump would EVER resign.

18. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I hope not, since if he doesn't he probably can't be pardoned, and if he isn't...he'll be wearing an orange suit to match his complexion--unless he high tails it to Russia.

wrat1 likes this.
  19. newo

Trump can tie up any legal challenge for years while he works on his escape plan.

20. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed and Confused Staff Member Super Moderator

I think it won't go away unless Trump and every one who can be possibly identified as one of the rioters, enablers, provokers, or complacent law enforcement personal are prosecuted.

wrat1 and Tyrsonswood like this.