The Dready Meet & Greet Post!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Earthy Mama, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

I wish you lived in Ireland too!

2. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

i ended up there once with no recolection of how i got there or where i was :p
    That was a mental weekend actually.
    Went to download in 06 with a friend of mine and ended up getting way too fucked.
    Friends dad was a bus driver who was bringing people back down though so it all worked out...i still never found out how i got there.

3. JasonVII

JasonVII Is Awesome

Im in college in IADT, film and television production, I also work in the TGI Fridays in Blackrock

4. afishwithdreads

afishwithdreads Member

hey ppl i'm afishwithdreads i've been a quiet read/fan of the forum for about a year and i just now thought that i should join because i'm gonna be starting my dreads journey in a couple of months and when i get it started i wanted to have good advice from ppl with dreads insted of ppl thats never had dreads tryin to tell me what i should do with em. ONE LOVE

5. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

are ya a salt water fish?

if so ..definately dread naturaly

if ya live in a poluted river
    well it wont matter what ya do

6. hestilowt

hestilowt Member

just wanted to throw in a "hey" here...i've already posted a couple times but thought i'd go with a more "formal" introduction HAHAHA

im Tyler :) hiya

hopin to get my dreads started by the beginning of april...and then becoming part of what seems to be an incredibly awesome community!

7. OzzyDread

OzzyDread Life Supporter of Peace

your already apart of our community! :) good luck with your dreads.

and a formal welcome!

peace.

8. hestilowt

hestilowt Member

well thank ya kindly :D

9. soaringeagle

wait didnt we have a no tylers rule?

oh well i guess if 1 sneaks in it wont be the end of the world

but we'll be watching yiu so ya better behave

kidding just welcome and join in..

10. pandy

pandy Senior Member

Hi everyone.. I'm Andy :D

currently dreadless, but I am scheming and hoping that they will be born (or at least conceived) on my 21st birthday coming up in may!

I have been stalking quietly for a few days and I really like this place! finally decided to say "hi"

I am originally from montana. I went to college in Wyoming for photography and got my AAS in photographic communications. I now live in Grants Pass, Oregon. I work for www.firemountaingems.com doing photography and image editing.

here's me a while ago!
    http://photos-h.ll.************/photos-ll-snc1/v1976/156/78/1298287183/n1298287183_234727_3418.jpg

and me with short hair.
    [​IMG]

11. OzzyDread

OzzyDread Life Supporter of Peace

Welcome Andy!

12. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

hello andypandy:p

13. Callie4Strings

Callie4Strings Official Spokes Bitch

Great photos Andy!!!!!!

14. hestilowt

hestilowt Member

haha! our plans are way too similar!

was hopin to get my dreads "started" around my 21st also...which is the beginning of april! :D

lets get drunk:cheers2:

15. soaringeagle

livin in wyoming montana and oregon (and working for a gem shop) i assume your pretty used to spending time in the wilderness a bit..going camoing hiking livin off the land kinda thing
    is your hair lil longer then in thise pics? if its at least 6 inches or more take some time off round your birthday (or not even off, but in the feild) head for the hills, leivin outtas a backpack, go some gem mining
    i believe jade is easy around there? i forget, maybe garnets? well doesnt matter what your mining or even if yas do, just if ya take a couple months off to get away from combs and mirrors, washing your hair in streams or hotsprings dreads will happen

ofcourse.. why wait for your birthday ya could start today and be fairly along the way by then..

i'll tell ya how this set started..i did miss my dreads extremely badly but i hadnt planned on starting a new set (i dont plan..i wanted my dreads back but thats as far as it eent) at the vermont gathering i saw some awesome beads at trade circle that i really loved so traded for em and had some sister help me put em in my hair in the back..
    a week or so later that hair was dreaded
    so asthe rest grew decided to let that dread too..
    point being, if u know u want em why wait for a date to start em? just stop combing today and you'll probly have em by the time u were ready to start em

16. amybird

amybird Senior Member

I always like this bit of advice coz it makes so much sense, lol. Dunno...it's like...people often approach dreads with a "Right I need to get dreads, so I have to start doing things at some point" attitude, when it can be a really easy matter of just stopping doing things. It seems so obvious once it's said, but requires a reversal of usual thought, or something.

17. VULGAR

VULGAR Member

hello everybody. my name is dave but most peeps call me vulgar.. been lookin at this site for a few months but never posted, it is a really cool place. i really like soaring eagles pics, awesome locks man!!!! one day mine will be that long..i hope.. that is only if i can stop catching my locks on fire, you see im a welder. and them sparks and dreads usually dont play well with each other... but when ever i burn a hole or the burn out on a side, i just wrap the damage with hemp thread, seems to hide the problem area... but really nice to meet everone hear, and if i can ever figure out how to post a pic, i will show my locks, i think htere awesome, since i am a natural redhead.. at least i think i will get love and respect here... my biker buddys who i ride with always tease me about my hair, but screw them, i like it!!!

18. soaringeagle

tease them bout being "biker buddies" or on second thought, msybe thats not sw good idea

mature dreads dont burn easily at all, im no welder, but i slpend a hell of alotta time round raging bonfires cook fires u name it ..my beard cfire alot (the undreaded part on ky face, not the dreads) but the dreads are pretty flame resistent (as long as u didnt use wax i guess) it would take a prolounged flame to get em to burn and instead of flaruing up like loose hair they smolder like charcoals

19. VULGAR

VULGAR Member

yer right, but the flames and small sparks arent the problem, it is the slag( dime sized, or bigger molten steel} that lands on my locks,,, but no wax for me. i tried it a few years ago, didnt feel right for me, but i have heard others say the like it, each to their own i say.. actually the fellows i ride with are my dad and his freinds of dirtballs!!lol

20. soaringeagle

lol ive known plenty of bikers.. some are decent ppl, but..most..yea u described em well

cant ya keep your dreads under something to protect em?
    a metal tam?

edit
    odviosly u gotta protect your eyes face arms ..all your skin from the sanme things, adapt whatever u use to protect your face to be used to protect your dreads
    the welders mask must be something more heat resistent then plexiglass, can u get the same material to make a dread protector

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.