The Dready Meet & Greet Post!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Earthy Mama, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivysmama

ivysmama Member

Ivy Lynn is her name, and she is seven months and one week!! She doesn't have enough hair yet to dread, and anyway, I think I'll let her decide... :) hehe

2. natty dread

natty dread Member

my 3 years old natural dreadlocks and they getting longer they getting better :)
    (more pictures are in gallery)

3. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

Your dread locks have always amazed me in every complexion of my mind!!! i want to touch them!

4. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

very beautiful :)

5. natty dread

natty dread Member

Electricbuddha, one day
    :)
    Earthy Mama, thanks

6. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

natty your dreads are indeed very beautiful :)

7. Flutterby

Flutterby Member

here we go... my before and after pics. The first is six months ago. The second was taken tonight. Big difference?

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Flutterby

Flutterby Member

sorry about the size, i couldn't figure out how to make it smaller....
    check out my gallery, maybe you can see it better.

9. natty dread

natty dread Member

Flutterby beutiful dreadlocks, i thought that you are girl from my space

10. Flutterby

Flutterby Member

Thank you!I do have a page on myspace. If you do too, whay aren't we friends?!

11. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Hey, I'm on myspace too!

*Smiles*

12. Flutterby

Flutterby Member

Let's all be friends! I'm Erin. Look for me!

13. aswethink

aswethink Member

hey hey, knotty folk, im chris and ive had my semi-developing locks for almost 4 months now:eek: time sure goes quick, seems like there tightening up more an more recently tho.

anywayz nice to be here:)

14. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

Nice to have you my knotted brother!

15. Glower Child

Glower Child Member

I like natural looking too, but I had poker-straight hair and stopped combing for a while, but nothing happened so I didn't have much choice. I backcombed, but in different sizes, a few at a time over a year, and just finished last week. That helps, as opposed to the more artifical gridding of equal sizes like I had the first time (and cut off in 6 months because I was desparate for any entry level job) I actually saved a bunch of those first ones and sewed them together as a little tree for a school project.

As much as I liked buzzing my hair after that, I felt bad about never seeing out the dreads and had haunting dreams about them, so I went through that excruciating hair growing wait. Ugh. I couldn't do them all at once anyway because I had to serve at a crappy banquet facility at the time, so I hid one or two dreads pinned under the rest of my hair, but it's been interesting seeing many different dread stages simultaneously.

As far as why, I've seen a lot of reasons why ppl do it, but I just love them and having them now reminds me of how I'm in a better place than before (although being halfway through college is a stage more scary than the classic high school scenario) because working at the landromat and school, I don't have to wear that damn bowtie and tight uniform or worry about anyone saying anything about my covering my messy hair with a bandana. Many of my dreads I also combed in to mark good occasions, although I can't remember which ones, but they're collectively a nice reminder.

16. natty dread

natty dread Member

ha! lovely

17. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

GlowerChild, I like how you dreaded to mark an occasion-ROCK ON. And welcome to the knotty forum.

Happy Dreading & Jah Bless

18. lunatic_on_the_grass

lunatic_on_the_grass Member

greetings all! my name is sarah, i used to be a frequent forum poster in the summer months, and i have decided to come back now! i have dreads as you probably would assume, and you people are an inspirattion to me.. I decorated with beads yesterday.. and i love them sooo much. I hope to chat with you all some and find out about your experiences. I am glad to have found this lovely forum.

19. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Lunatic. Am i right in thinking you had suuuper long dreads before? and had a wikkid photo of your shaddow in a hat with all your dreadies??? :D

20. lunatic_on_the_grass

lunatic_on_the_grass Member

they were super duper before, but something weird happened that i was unable to handle. and yes i had a picture with my shadow, but they were just hanging loose. I loved my shadow ever so much, and wastingthedawn did a good job of capturing when i asked her too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.