The Dready Meet & Greet Post!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Earthy Mama, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Hey! New to our forum? Want to introduce yourself? Post here! Pictures of you and your dreads are welcome here as well.

2. Earthy Mama

Ok, I guess I'll start out. My name is Eryn. I'm 20 and I live all over. I have two beautiful little boys(check the signature). My dreads are just about 6 months old and kept natural. Ok, I admit about once a month I have helped out the bottoms by a comb! :) Heres a close up on some. Its hard for me to use this dumb cam because of bad lighting and the fact I have to hold it and push a button on the computer screen at the same time lol.

3. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

Okay well ill start off with some pictures of my dread's at 3 weeks old.

I back combed my dread's I used wax for the first week, but soon gaining knowledge about the damage that could occur.

I have done many heads of dread locks in the past.. That each have turned into a beautiful head of natty goodness!! so at one point i was going to start a dread locking shop type of thing. So for people who go to salon's and pay 150$ to 400$ for some stupid dread perm wouldn’t have to pay that much for a worse job or equal..... I ended out giving up the idea... I’m at a point in my life learning and experiencing, I would just be promoting the idea of getting salon dread's, by doing so myself, I know would only suggest naturally formed dread's but it dose not suit each individuals life style. So one would have to get back combed dreadie's, like my self.

I have been intrigued and always loved the roots that dangled from people’s crown’s I have had my notts for around 6 months now leaving them to be and do there own thing. Stress is not good for your hair J but I would have to thank knottylocks.tk for my dreadlock knowledge They are a wonderful community of beautiful mammals who know what there talking about. But all the love and peace to all of your natty journey’s! to strong roots!

Pleased to meet you all!

Namaste,

4. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Heya all!! *stands up and looks awkward*
    I am Fleassy... i have dreakdlocks.... *breathes a sigh of releif* ...wow it feels good to say that... i guess ... admittence is the first step to correction right??.:p

Ok seriously they will be a YEAR OLD!! in Feb woohoo .. they are slowly growing up hehe. im a proud "never have waxed" and although i began by backcombing i just left them after that and they un knotted themselfs and recreated themselfs as they want to be .... which was nice :p
    well thats me. :)

5. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

Hi all! I don't have dreads (would like to tho!) but, my husband is seriously considering dreading his mohawk (or maybe his whole head if that goes over well), and guess who is going to be doing the dreading? Yup, me! So you might see a lot of me around here if he DOES go ahead with the dreading decision! Glad this forum was created. It seems a much needed one!

6. knottynikko

knottynikko Member

Hello im Niko i havnt really posted much in the new forums yet oh i better brake the ice witha joke,whats the differnce between mickal jackson and micdonalds both yung buns between old meet.woops bad tast :eek:

well anyway i have been going natural for about a year now. :cool:

7. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

LET US SEEE!!!!!

8. ArtLoveMusic

hehe Buddahs a bit obbsessed with natural dreads :p *pats buddah on the head*

9. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

:p Yeaaaaah.. well you know! ;) i guess i just have done and seen sooooo many backcombed dread's.. soo its sooo neat to gain a look at some natural formation

10. knottynikko

knottynikko Member

should be able to get some pics soon hopefully :H .

11. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

hi, um, i'm james. i'm 20. you all might know me, already.

so far, i think my dreads are the oldest here!!! jan. 2nd was two years for me. i'm pretty stoked!!! i've had dreads before these, but this is the longest i've had them for! (the other ones only lasted about 3 months)

anyways, pics and stuff are in my gallery. :D

12. MountainGirlVT

MountainGirlVT Member

well, i've been postin, but haven't introduced myself yet, so i guess now's the time. i guess my dreadies are not quite 3 years old. i sat down and figured it up and i think they're about 2 years and seven months old, if i'm remembering the month correctly. so the shortest ones were cheek length when i started and they're now almost hitting my shoulders and i'm soooo happy! they've come a long, long way. they basically take care of themselves now. i started out with some back combing. huge battle with my parents in high school for permission to start dreadies without them shaving my head in my sleep, they insisted on backcombing AND WAX!!!!! ewwwww.... luckily, my mom helped in the process and after puttinng wax on just a little bit of hair, she realized how horribly disgusting it was and didn't go any further. so i just kinda went nuts washing my hair trying to get it out. i don't think it did too much damage, but i was super pissed at her. since that one sad day, there has been no wax. i did palm roll a bit in the first few months, but i really just haven't done anything to my hair for the past two years, besides the occassional washing of course! ;-) i decorate them with glass beads that i've aquired in various places and from various people. and that is the brief story of my dreadies.

13. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] !!!!!!FLEASSY!!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG] OHHHHHH I got what I was waiting for!!!!!!!!! what im going to send to you! but I cant tell you what it is!!![​IMG] ohhhh I love em!!! [​IMG] awww man okay im really excited!!!!! your gonna LOVE em... I hope. There beads but !!!!! you will see not just any beads they hold more energy and wisdom and love ever imaginable[​IMG]

14. goldmund

goldmund Member

I agree, dreads look so much better when they form naturally. One of the things you notice is how the ends look. For some reason, natural dreads tend to be all wrapped up, almost like balls, at the ends. They get all sorts of crazy little loops that shoot off the dreads, and they are not at all uniform. When you put dreads in, they tend to have a manufactured look for a couple of years until your hair takes over.

15. naturegoddess69

naturegoddess69 Member

Hey Eryn! Just wanted to peek on in your forum here.:) My name is Christina, I'm 22 & I don't have dreads. Eryn is one of my best friends & thought I'd post & visit.

16. Earthy Mama

Hey Christina!

Welcome and thanks for checkin this place out. BTW, you don't have to have dreads to post here.

:)

17. Gr8fldedhead

Gr8fldedhead Member

18. ArtLoveMusic

*gasp* ....oh wowy..... *bounces* teehehehehe ack im sooo excited :) ooops we're kinds stealing this thread a bit arent we *puts finger to lips* shhhhh thank you *silent hugs*

19. Oh So strangE indeeD

Oh So strangE indeeD Member

looks like my hair got a head start...i have insane little loops like crazy..

[​IMG]

20. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

I'm going picture crazy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.