The dreaded magic words

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by DarkLunacy, May 11, 2004.

1. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

I quit! No not permanently, God no. I didn't give in and come to the conclusion that "Drugs are bad M'Kay." In fact its quite the opposite. Drugs have gotten me into trouble with familly and due to the beliefs of my step father and are conflicting actions, I may have inadvertently destroyed my relationship with my mom. I've decided to take a leave of absence. A break, a holiday. I'm going straight edge..... I'm shooting for July 15 my birthday. I'll see where it goes from there. I know once I graduate I'm gonna go back or take a straight edge break... I dont know really... Any thoughts?

2. TheFallenOne

TheFallenOne Member

What is it that's conflicting? The whole, "I did it when I was young and look at me I'm 40 years old and still flipping burgers or barely making it in life and I don't want you to make the same mistakes I did"? It's good to take a break every once in a while. But being sober all the time isn't exactly fun... especially if you hang out w/everyone that still does it. My parents suspect I do it (I'm sure of that), but I've never actually told them, and probably won't for a while even though I've been out of there house for a few years now. Talk to your mom and see what she has to say, then tell her how you feel. If it's something you enjoy, and it's not effecting you in a bad way (ex: You live on your own and you're spendin' all your money on dope and can't pay your rent, or your schooling) then why stop?

3. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Well.... I'll lay it on you. Boring though. My step-dads story (And I believe it do to his ignorance on substances. Beer = OK Pot= evil) is that he lived in Holland and Amsterdam and never once smoked pot. He claims "I've seen what it does to EVERYONE who uses it." To him its worth then murder. I know cause he's actually threatened my life over it. Anywho, my mom smoked pot and blames pot as the reason she dropped out of college and now drives a UPS Brown, delievering packages. My dad is much cooler about it. He says that its not a matter of good or bad but legallity. He doesnt want me to have that on my record and doesnt want me to kill myself. It all came to a head after I had made ether for some friends. I kept a bit for myself and well... If youve ever binged on ether you know that after a time you cant smell the fumes anymore but their strong as hell. Well the scent never left my room and my step dad said either I leave the house or he calls the cops. So then I moved to dallas with my dad... Well I think I need to take a break to avoid destroying my relationship with my familly. They know I plan on doing this stuff in college... but yeah... Thats about it.

4. TheFallenOne

TheFallenOne Member

So your step dad lived in Holland/Amsterdam and all that over there where the herb is widely available. However he never tried it, even though he says hes seen how people act on it, the strain of herb could be much stronger and have a different effect. But the fact that he thinks, "Beer good! Pot bad!" just goes to show how much he doesn't know. How many reports of accidents (in a car, hanging out w/friends, etc) are there w/pot? Very few if any. Now look at the stats of how many accidents involve alcohol. Quite a bit. Alcohol kills more people alone in car accidents than pot ever has. No one gets into fights when they're stoned, it's impossible! So you might want to look into those issues and discuss them w/him to see how he feels.

Cookin' up some ether eh? Never tried it, but there's a first time for everything!

AdreA

5. john_the_pothead

john_the_pothead Member

sometimes i fight with my friends when im stoned...

its more playful wresteling but sometimes it gets a little out of control...

6. dotadave

dotadave Member

George Carlin agrees with you. Do what feels best.

http://www.pot-tv.net/archive/shows/pottvshowse-2682.html