The Double Standard for men and women.

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by Son of John, Jul 15, 2013.

1. PineMan

PineMan Senior Member

Most people will openly claim to agree that, in theory, the double standard is wrong, but in reality the old taboos remain. More a case of "Do what I do, not do as I say".

2. NextEvolution

NextEvolution Member

The double standard exists because it's reality... not a lot of guys can fuck a ton of women... it's a difficult skill to bed women. Women on the other hand could spend all day every day on their backs letting random strangers take turns and she would never run out of dicks. There's no skill for a woman to get laid a lot. So the skill for a woman is in being selective. People admire skill... whether it's a man's ability to score or a girl's ability to be selective.

3. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

There is skill !!! One bf I had when I was 21 liked sex with me a lot more than other women because I PARTICIPATED. Those others would just lay there. Men are bored by that.

Oh ! and that double standard thing. It doesn't exist in my mind, and good thing too because I like variety so my number keeps increasing. If others think I'm slutty I can shrug it off. I know that it's only about LIKING sex, and nothing about being needy or wanting approval or getting some kind of ego boost.

4. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I know of at least a couple of members.

5. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Then why aren't gay men the biggest hos, when they find it so very easy to get laid by thousands of gay guys?

6. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

There is a lot of truth to what you are saying here! I don't know how many times my lady and I have been at the bar and watched as an unattractive by most peoples standards woman comes in alone and makes it just a little bit known she is looking and she is swarmed by guys wanting to get some. We know she will not be going home alone and that she is going to find someone that is probably a lot more of a looker then herself.

On the contrast of that attractive guy walks into the bar alone starts working his way around the room beginning with the better looking woman untill moving to the not so hot woman after getting shot down. Most of the time that guy is going home alone unless he is the one who scores with above woman.

Just the way things are so a guy needs to know he has to bring a lot more to the table to get lucky.

7. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

I am sure the gay men that want to get laid by thousands of guys wouldn't have a problem if that is what they are looking for, but just because someone is gay doesn't mean they are going to be easy and just looking for random encounters. Maybe some of them are looking for a little more substance out of their relationships just like many straight people do.

8. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

So do many women.

For the most part you maybe right there. But rights are as good as those who enforce them. Which in case of moral rights are mostly the persons concerned.

This is where you are wrong. Think carefully before making such a statement. Although we might strive for a society in which every person has the same rights, there are no two persons that are created equal.

It would bother me ..... especially if I read it real carefully. :rofl:

9. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

I want to throw out the notion that the culture of how gay guys met, flirted, and interact IS different than that of heterosexual guys approaching girls situation.

The ratio of directness and indirectness, probably has something to do with how one type of flirtation was accepted openly, and the other was very under the table.

10. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

its most likely to do with parternity and marriage, if your a guy it may be to your advantage to go for women who are less likely to cheat on you, and maybe if you have lots of sexual partners your more likely than someone whose not had lots of sexual partners to cheat.

males have to worry from a evolutionary point of view that the child they bring up is theirs women, dont need to worry about that as they give birth .

Being a stud signifys high sex drive also other traits like hes desirable to other women so good breeding potential .

Anyway I think there reasons have something to do with evolution

11. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

I agree with you on the last sentence there, that evolution plays a part in all this behavior.

But I disagree with your other sentences above. A person's sexual history doesn't necessarily indicate the future behavior of a person, it's context that matters here. The opposite situation is that yes they had a lot of partners but they've gotten it out of their system, and it's over and done with.

Furthermore, recent studies on human sexual behavior have shown that approximately 60% of BOTH genders have cheated in a relationship that was supposed to be closed. (Marriages and non-marriage monogamous relationships) This shatters the previous notion that guys are the only gender on the prowl for different mating/sexual experiences, for whatever reason:

1. Being emotionally unfulfilled

2. Being physically sexually unfulfilled (this reason is the fuel for the penis size issue for males by the way and it starts in the middle school gym lockers girls in case you didn't know why it's psychologically so powerful to men, it goes back to childhood.)

3. Because they're just had a moral failing.

Now if there's a pattern, of cheating, then I think a partner has to suspect there's something unstable about the person their with and need to reevaluate their meaning and safety with that person. But that's a case by case basis and outside public commentators and friends can't really give good advice unless they've been a fly on the wall so they understand that context.

12. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

Well said!

13. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Thanks and thanks for the rep.

14. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Are gay men's assholes "shitty locks?'

15. Home Run

Home Run Guest

Are you equating all gay men to some slutty women? I would say the promiscuous gay men would fit in there somewhere, but saying "all" gay men seems to be a gross generalization.

16. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

You really do seem to have some kind of obsession with how gay men are and seem to think they must all be the same!

17. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

That's because people generalize about men and women. "Men and women are different." So two can play at that game.

18. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

The double standard for men and women, seems to also apply to the fact that married men, feel it's ok for them to cheat, but their wife is not.

19. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

You are one of those people who is always generalizing about the way men and women are! Yes men and women are different, but not all men are the same and not all women are the same.

20. Home Run

Home Run Guest

Men and women ARE different. That's not a generalization, it's reality. To say that men and women are exactly the same would be grossly inaccurate and would border on trolling.