The Double Standard for men and women.

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by Son of John, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Son of John

Son of John Banned

In reading many of the posts on this site, I am aware that many men have a double standard when it comes to men and women.

Many believe that a guy who fucks lots of women should be considered a "Stud", but that a woman who gives fucks to lots of other guys is a "Slut".

That is unfair! Women have as many rights, sexually, as men do. Just because a woman has taken the dicks of dozens, or hundreds, of different guys, doesn't make her any "worse" than the guy who has given his dick to that many women.

We are all "created equal" when it comes to sex. We men all love to fuck a variety of women over a lifetime, and it is time for us to admit that a "normal" woman would have the same need.

In my own case, my wife has given fucks to more men than the women who have given me fucks. But that doesn't bother me a bit! I am glad that my wife, whom I love dearly, has had such wonderful experiences!

Do you agree? Or disagree?

2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I don't think anyone would really disagree with you on this.

3. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Ok.

4. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I haven't met anyone on here who thinks this way. I don't think number of sexual partners has anything to do with anything. As long as they're practicing safe sex, the number of partners they've had (be it 1 or 100) is irrelevant.

5. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAo6DjjbPqo"]Ludacris - Yous A Hoe (I said that yous a hoe) - YouTube

6. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

7. Ewes are hoes

[​IMG]

Use a hoe

[​IMG]

I said, Use a hose!

[​IMG]

8. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

The double standard and the belief in it is mainly fueled by religious texts, not legal or scientific ones.

The law at least in most of the developed world, knows that in theory, the rights of both sexes should be equal.

(Random sidenote: Although the debate for the right to health care for contraception, access to abortion services, and how the courts treat divorce cases based on gender has proved that even within the law the double standard is wider than we like to think)

9. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill HipForums Supporter

- That, sadly seems to be the way that most view things - I guess it's down to the insecurity of the male gender ("ME, Tarzan - YOU, Jane) - (with a touch of jealousy perhaps thown in?)

10. Home Run

Home Run Guest

A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that is opened by many keys is just a shitty lock.

11. Son of John

Son of John Banned

Home Run, you prove my point perfectly. You may be quoting someone else, but there are many who feel as you seem to, that it is okay for a guy to stick his "key" in lots of locks (cunts) but it is not so okay for a **** to want lots of cocks shoved in it.

I still believe that women should have the same rights as men, and that we should not put them down for it. I can perfectly understand why a woman would want to fuck with lots of different men. As my wife has told me "Every guy is different in some way!"

12. etherea

etherea mother of the idiot children

Sadly, the stud/slut thing is never going to go away. Sexual stereotypes are re-enforced in too many homes, too many schools and in too many tv programmes and computer games. It would be laughable if there were not so many young women who actually buy into the guilt thing because they have had sex with numerous partners. Women, you are who you are, not what you do in your private life!

13. Home Run

Home Run Guest

Women have rights, just like men, they're just different. Women have the right to be approached, and to be selective with who they sleep with. They are the ones that end up pregnant, so they should be more selective. But if you want them to be as easy as men, they lose the power their vagina gives them as objects of desire.

If women were as easy as men, men wouldn't get the ego boost that comes with a one night conquest. If men care less about the one night conquest, then the women must lure men into bed with them, it's they that must become the pursuer. Then it becomes an entire power shift, and women have the right to be free lovers, and men will learn to enjoy the power that comes with being selective.

You can't have it both ways, and you can't force complete social equality on genders because they aren't the same. Sure, we would all love if women were easier, but it would also diminish the value of sex. The reality is, women have it made right now. They are seen as the object of pursuit, they have the power to be selective. And, if they are smart about it, they can be as slutty as they want and keep it low key. I know a lot of promiscuous women that most people never know have that side to them. Guys, on the other hand, are just assumed to be sluts and not to have standards.

Furthermore, if all women were as free loving as men, marriage rates would plummet. Why get married if its easy to get laid? I'm not saying that would be a bad thing, honestly I would advocate that idea, but the women that would want to get married and have a family would have a much tougher time.

It's all give and take. If women want to be free loving fun-havers, they lose some ground in other areas. Not all women want to be promiscuous, even if the choice carried no social stigma.

14. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

John, I find you very refreshing. The double standard bothers the shit out of me, but I'm working on not being offended by it. I think there are lots of people who are against it though. Most people seem to have a live and let live attitude.

15. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

Vanilla Gorilla, I think that's my favorite post of yours ever.

Re: OP

It's a hard double standard to shake.

People generally agree with the more reasonable and equal perspective intellectually, but might still make judgments subconsciously.

16. You know, we call a woman who sleeps with a lot of men a slut, but we call a man who does the exact same thing a homosexual.

What's up with that? =P

17. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I thought only old people and fundies thought like that anymore.

18. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

just wondering how does the subjective reality of this double standard effect any of your day to day life? is your boss telling you that you're a slut? Does it get you denied access some place? Does it practically effect you at all?

19. Well, girls act like that still sometimes when they are jealous of other girls.

That's pretty much the only time I've seen people talking like that.

20. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Girls use those labels against other girls, for shits and giggles or to cyberbully someone whether it's true for not.

So in some cases, the guys have nothing to do with the hateful conclusions that comes from these labels.

----

Also the key and lock comparison is logically faulty, because people are not inanimate objects without emotions.

I think we all agree that the double standard sucks, and that our society probably overthinks it too much making it a big deal.