The Doodle Pages

Discussion in 'Art' started by upperlevel, May 11, 2013.

1. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

These are just a grouping of almost every marker drawing I have done in the past 3 years. I often draw under the influence of marijuana and less often acid. I usually start just by drawing an eye or an infinity symbol or my fictitious graffiti name "JOSH". This just gets the creative juices flowing, and then I focus on new things with color and just trying to make things 'psychedelically attractive'. I feel like I'm just at the beginning. I want to incorperate more rhymes with my drawings in the future, and I would also love to do some collaboration projects with some people here. I would also like to focus on actually putting a message or meaning to more of my quickly done pieces. Right now I think I'm at the eye candy stage, I find it easier to make metaphors and use symbolism in words but I'd like to transfer that to some pieces.
    Whether or not you read that, here we go, I was going to make them in chronological order, but that is too much like work. I'm sure you can tell which ones are newer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If the images are sideways or upside down, it is not my fault. I rotated them properly on my phone, then i had to rotate them on the computer, then they reset and i had to rotate them on photobucket, but they still appear screwed up in my preview. Just tilt your head or download it and rotate it.

2. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Really groovy man

3. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

4. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

5. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

6. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

7. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

8. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

This one is unfinished, I'm going to add some trash (you can see a started mcdonalds bag) I honestly forgot about this one until I went through my stuff to take photos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

Thanks dude, means a lot. I'll post some more of my old stuff once I have some new stuff to upload.

10. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Great work Josh.love the flowing styles,colours and nice thoughts behind your work.

11. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

I'm glad you enjoyed my stuff! I use drawing as a kind of therapy, I try to draw cool mindscapes to replace any weird/unpleasant ones I might be experiencing. If I have something to say and know how to say it I'll usually take the time to paint it though.

12. Chichoo25

Chichoo25 Guest

My name is Josh, your drawings really speak to me. Good job