The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Is this supposed to make everyone forgive the GOP when Trump finally gets booted out?
    We're supposed to consider these people heroic for protecting us from an insane leader that THEY are directly responsible for?

Fuck that.

2. egger

egger Member

3. egger

egger Member

If it's of any consolation, Trump has the help of the Secretary of The Department of Energy, Rick Perry, who oversees the nuclear weapons arsenal, a responsibility of his that he didn't know about until his confirmation hearing.

When running for President in 2016 during a televised debate, the former Texas governor Perry couldn't remember the DOE, one of the three cabinet-level departments he promised to eliminate. Trump made him secretary of the DOE.

In a public gathering with the media present, Perry made it clear that he didn't know that the voting age was 18 by telling everyone over 21 to come out and vote for him to be President on November 12, the wrong date for the Presidential election which can't be past November 8 (the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November). November 12 in 2016 was a Saturday.

Trump selects only the best and the brightest. No chaos, only great energy. A fine-oiled machine.

video

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  4. egger

egger Member

An article about Mark Felt (known as Deep Throat) and the Watergate scandal. Felt was a source for journalists Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein.

Interview
    The story of the man who brought down Nixon and its 'exact parallel' today
    Little did Peter Landesman realize when he was planning his film about Mark Felt, the ‘Deep Throat’ source for Watergate leaks, that it would feel so timely
    by David Smith in Washington
    Fri 29 Sep 2017 11.05 EDT Last modified on Tue 3 Oct 2017 10.20 EDT

excerpts:

"Felt, very simply put, was trying to save the FBI from the invasions of a corrupt administration that had wanted to remove its autonomy and turn it into a kind of a machine that worked at the White House’s behest instead of an autonomous law enforcer."

"Nixon, who was facing impeachment, is the only president in American history to have resigned. America survived his corruption and divisiveness and, Landesman contends, it will survive the “great stress test” that is Trump, thanks to an exquisitely balanced set of checks and balances.

“I believe the system works and I believe in the institutions of this government and I believe that when they fail or slow down, there are reporters who will hold people to account or keep people honest,” he said. “So yeah, we’re going to survive. In fact, I think this era will remind us how bad we can be, which is important for government and a people to learn how good they can be.”"

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  5. egger

egger Member

excerpt:

"“It was identical,” Landesman, a former investigative journalist and war correspondent, said this week. “It was astonishing, actually, the way he did it. I think Comey was really like Felt trying to protect the FBI from Trump’s manipulations the way Felt was protecting the FBI from Nixon’s. I think that’s an exact parallel; it’s almost a one-to-one correspondence.”

Asked to speculate whether there might be a new Felt-style whistleblower holding meetings in a car park somewhere, Landesman, 52, replied: “No, Comey was that guy and he’s now stepped off the stage. I think [the special counsel] Bob Mueller is now that guy but he is not leaking. Mueller is an extreme professional at what he does and I think he’s developing and building an impenetrable case. So we’ve had our Feltian moment with Comey and now we’re going to just wait a minute until Mueller’s done.”

He added: “I have friends inside the investigation and I don’t think there’s any question that at some point in the not too distant future, he [Trump] is just going to be forced to resign the way that Nixon was. There’s all of this Russia stuff but particularly it’s the money laundering through Florida real estate that’s going to really end up taking him down. I think it will be in the spring.”"

6. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I agree in part. I think the Republicans lost their way a long time ago.

scratcho likes this.
  7. egger

egger Member

The remark by Sanders about the alleged insider sounds like it could have been referring to Trump.

“The individual behind this piece has chosen to deceive, rather than support, the duly elected President of the United States,” she said in her statement. “He is not putting country first, but putting himself and his ego ahead of the will of the American people. This coward should do the right thing and resign.”

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

That was sort of my thought too when reading the NYT op ed piece, when I got to this part -

Yeah, no. Fuck all that too

I'm not going to bend over backwards to thank someone for protecting us from a maniac when said person still supports the same policies that are driving the country into the ground

scratcho, MeAgain and Okiefreak like this.
  9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

"Don’t get me wrong. There are bright spots that the near-ceaseless negative coverage of the administration fails to capture: effective deregulation, historic tax reform, a more robust military and more." So the "bright spots" of keeping the maniac in office are: dismantling environmental protection, historic tax cuts for the rich and big corporations, and a bloated military. I see.

10. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Not only is he openly admitting that he is counteracting what the GOP base voted for, counteracting the authority of an elected leader, and basically admitting that democracy isn't worth it... he's also admitting that Trump is nothing more than a sideshow they're using to gain popular support from just enough morons to allow them to ram through shit that the vast, vast majority of Americans do not want. It's not really a secret that that was the plan, but it's still pretty shocking that he's willing to admit it... and gloat about it as well, as if he truly believes that everyone knew all along that it would be like this.

If he really wanted to be a hero, he should have been a hero back in 2015 when Russia started boosting Trump, during the primaries when he began turning it all into even more of a circus than it usually is, in 2016 when they allowed him to be their presidential candidate, or at any point during the endlessly sickening revelations about Trump, his business dealings, the sexual assault charges, and his blatant blatant stupidity and incompetence. 'Worried about a constitutional crisis' my ass... there were endless opportunities to avoid this outcome, to prevent this disease from infecting the world-- but nobody did anything.

The fact that they're turning on each other doesn't redeem any of them. The whole organization needs to be expunged. The presidency should be annulled. The GOP, FOX news, Breitbart, etc... all of them should be outlawed and denied access to any public forum.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    scratcho and Meliai like this.
  11. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Eh, no sugar coating it... You guys aren't wrong.

scratcho likes this.
  12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Corey Booker defies Republicans, "Throw me out" he basically said.
    Booker released 12 pages of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's committee confidential emails about race in defiance of Congressional rules. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) joined him in the release.
    Republican Sen. John Cornyn jumped all over Booker:
    Booker's showing some guts by being willing to get down and dirty with the Reps.
    Remember Trump broke every rule in the book during the election and now, while in office...and the Democrats have been playing nice.

The Republicans have been claiming the emails contained national security issues. Booker released them to show they didn't.
    Here they are.

13. mer0806

mer0806 Members

They were already released to the public.....Booker was showboating.....

14. MeAgain

Source?

stormountainman likes this.
  15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Fox reported that claim made by "Republicans on the Judiciary Committee" that "the restrictions were waived early Thursday morning" (i.e., today) and that “We were surprised to learn about Senator Booker’s histrionics this morning because we had already told him he could use the documents publicly." The spokesperson also said "Apparently, some just wanted to break the rules and make a scene, but didn’t check their email,"didn’t check their email" (suggesting that the news of the waiver was communicated via email.) So go figure.‘Confidential’ Kavanaugh emails posted by Cory Booker were cleared, despite dramatic claim of defying rules Strange that when Cory started out with his admission of violating the rules and was sharply rebuked for doing so by Republican Sen Cornyn of Texas nobody on the Committee, including Chairman Grassley, brought up at the time that the matter was moot. After nearly an hour of heated excahnge and threats, Sen. Mike Lee finally announced : “It’s been made public. The process worked.” My questions are,(1) when did the Judiciary Committee clear the release this morning (as part of 93 pages of material) and communicate that fact to Booker? Was that before or after Booker made his announcement and the subsequent Booker-Cornyn exchange? One source says after. Booker Orders Release of Kavanaugh-Related Email in ‘Act of Disobedience’ and (2) did Booker actually know of the clearance before the session began, or was it an eleventh hour "communication" to his email or voicemail that he might not have checked? Curiuse.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  16. MeAgain

Interesting.
    Here's what I found:
    The emails were released last night but Booker claims he violateed Senate rules on Wednesday.
    I imagine there'll be some more about this.

stormountainman and fraggle_rock like this.
  17. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I think Booker would make a great president. He's smart. He's a real lawyer.

MeAgain and hotwater like this.
  18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Makes me wonder if Kamala Harris already knows the answer to this

Side note, she's tough as nails (just how I like my women) and would make a great first female president

19. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Booker/Harris or Harris/Booker in 2020?

20. egger

egger Member

Jobs boom favors Democratic counties, not Trump strongholds
    AP data journalist Larry Fenn contributed to this report
    Aug 5, 2018 12:18 PM EDT

Jobs boom favors Democratic counties, not Trump strongholds

excerpt:

"Despite an otherwise robust national economy, the analysis shows that a striking number of Trump counties are losing jobs. The AP found that 35.4 percent of Trump counties have shed jobs in the past year, compared with just 19.2 percent of Clinton counties.

The jobs data shows an economy that is as fractured as the political landscape ahead of the 2018 midterm elections. As more money pools in such corporate hubs as Houston, San Francisco or Seattle, prosperity spills over less and less to smaller towns and cities in America’s interior. That would seem to undercut what Trump sees as a central accomplishment of his administration — job creation for middle class and blue-collar workers in towns far removed from glitzy urban centers.

Job growth in Trump’s economy is still concentrated in the same general places as it was toward the end of Barack Obama’s presidency — when roughly 58.7 percent of the average annual job gains were in Democratic counties.

Yet the lack of transformative job growth in Trump areas hasn’t seemed to erode his support among Republicans, while hiring in Democratic areas have done little to improve his standing with those voters. For Trump’s core supporters, cultural issues such as gun rights, immigration and loyalty to the president have become dominant priorities."