The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. egger

egger Member

Previous news story about Trump's fake Veterans Affairs meeting and Trump having dinner instead with Perlmutter.

Trump snubbed the head of the VA at the time, David Shulkin.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. egger

egger Member

Trump dismissed Shulkin and tried to make White House physician Ronny Jackson the next head of the VA, another failed attempt by Trump.

Ronny Jackson is known for his assessment of Trump being a non-obese, stable genius who could have lived to be 200 if he hadn't eaten as much fast food.

3. egger

egger Member

Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter Donated Another $5 Million To Pro-Trump Super PAC
    Posted by Rich Johnston
    March 7, 2017

Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter Donated Another $5 Million To Pro-Trump Super PAC - Bleeding Cool News And Rumors

excerpt:

"Bleeding Cool has previously covered donations made by Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter to Donald Trump‘s Veterans charity to the tune of $1 million. And, with his wife Laura Perlmutter, to Marco Rubio‘s campaign ($2 million) and $449,400, the maximum allowed, to Trump’s Presidential Election campaign.

But it appears that Ike Perlmutter also donated $5 million, his largest sum yet, to the Great America PAC, during the final weeks of the Presidential campaign. Laura Perlmutter was on Trump’s Inauguration committee while Ike was appointed to Trump’s veteran affairs staff. They are all members of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach, Florida where the Perlmutters live."

4. egger

egger Member

5. McFuddy

McFuddy Gotham needs me.

This is why I'm a DC guy.

6. egger

egger Member

The DC arena has at least some transparency and accountability, in contrast to Trump who has set up his own clandestine swamp of millionaire and billionaire friends and family members serving as shadow quasi-government officials at Trump-branded properties with no transparancy and accountability.

Even worse, DC government property funded by the taxpayers is being used by Trump to promote his own private family businesses, such as Kellyanne Conway promoting Ivanka Trump's clothing line on live national TV using the press briefing room of the White House, the room that is supposed to be used for press conferences to maintain transparency and accountability which Trump has yet to use to conduct a formal, meangingful press conference..

7. McFuddy

McFuddy Gotham needs me.

Sorry egger, I meant DC comics over marvel...

But you still make good points! !

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment

I knew somebody was going to be confused by that...

McFuddy likes this.
  9. egger

egger Member

A US cargo ship has been drifting off the coast of China for a month — and it shows the real-world effects of the trade war
    Business Insider Michael Selby-Green, Business Insider
    August 9, 2018

A US cargo ship has been drifting off the coast of China for a month — and it shows the real-world effects of the trade war

excerpt:

"The US ship was due to deliver its 70,000-tonne cargo on July 6, The Guardian reported, but missed the tariff deadline. The Peak Pegasus arrived about five hours after China imposed retaliatory tariffs on US goods including soybeans.

The ship has been off the coast of Dalian ever since and is now drifting in circles at 0.1 knots.

The ship — a 47,400-ton, 750-foot-long bulk carrier — has become a symbol of the disruption caused by the trade war between Beijing and Washington. It became a sensation on the Chinese social-media site Weibo, according to The Guardian.

The cargo belongs to the agricultural commodity trading house Louis Dreyfus. It is estimated to be paying about $12,500 a day to continue chartering the ship, meaning the company has already paid about $400,000 in extra costs since the ship arrived."

MeAgain likes this.
  10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

Where do I sign up to join Space Force?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    MeAgain likes this.
  11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

Lost his Space Force secret decoder ring .....

upload_2018-8-10_3-15-49.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  12. Meliai

Meliai Senior Member

I was in line at a convenience store this morning and noticed the headline on the local newspaper said "Mike Pence reveals plan for Space Force"

I've pretty much tuned out all news of Trump, i'm tired of hearing about the idiots at the wheel. And I dont care what the space force plans are, so I wont be reading more into that. But the headline did give me a chuckle. A darkly ironic chuckle but a chuckle all the same

And the clown car rolls on

stormountainman likes this.
  13. McFuddy

McFuddy Gotham needs me.

Well. I'm signing up. Captain McFuddy has a certain ring to it.

I'm sure they will have a ship called Enterprise. They always have a ship called Enterprise.

14. Meliai

Meliai Senior Member

Captain Mcfuddy of USSS Enterprise does have a nice ring to it
    (United States Space Ship)

15. McFuddy

McFuddy Gotham needs me.

Oh the extra orbital hijinx that will ensue....

16. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman ShamaLamaDingDong

Donald Trump walk of fame star stickers are now for sale online! :tearsofjoy:

They want to remove Trump's star, but have no problem keeping Bill Cosby's or Kevin Spacey's or Roman Polanski's

This is the best troll move ever!

[​IMG]

Full-Sized Luxury Donald Trump Hollywood Star

17. egger

egger Member

Contact Yosemite Sam of Outer Space.

video

hotwater and stormountainman like this.
  18. The Daily News just laid off half their staff and will probably stop publishing soon. Perhaps their ridiculous editorial TDS has something to do with that.

19. egger

egger Member

After judge's contempt threat, Trump admin. returns deported mom, child to U.S.
    'I'm going to start with the attorney general,' a federal judge said, threatening charges against Jeff Sessions over the deportations.
    by Suzanne Gamboa
    Aug.10.2018 / 4:45 PM ET

After judge's contempt threat, Trump admin. returns deported mother and child to U.S.

excerpt:

"Sullivan was so upset by Carmen and her daughter's deportation that he was ready to haul Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and the heads of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and the Executive Office of Immigration Review into court so they could explain to him why he shouldn't charge them with contempt of court.

To emphasize his seriousness about the contempt threat, Sullivan followed it up with a written order.

“Someone in the government made a decision to remove those plaintiffs and I’m not happy at all about that,” Sullivan said in a hearing Thursday, according to the transcript. “And if they aren’t brought back forthwith, I’m going to issue orders to show cause why people should not be held in contempt of court, and I’m going to start with the attorney general.”

Citing pending litigation, DHS declined to comment about why the mother and child were deported despite assurances from a government attorney that plaintiffs in the lawsuit Sullivan was hearing — which included Carmen and her daughter — would not be deported. DHS also declined comment on whether the deportation was under investigation or anyone had been disciplined."

MeAgain and stormountainman like this.
  20. egger

egger Member

Ex-Roger Stone aide refuses to testify before grand jury in Mueller probe
    by Kathryn Watson CBS News
    August 10, 2018, 2:05 PM
    Last Updated Aug 10, 2018 3:58 PM EDT

Ex-Roger Stone aide refuses to testify before grand jury in Mueller probe

excerpt:

"Onetime Roger Stone aide Andrew Miller chose not to show up before the special counsel grand jury Friday so that he would be held in contempt of court and appeal to a higher court, his lawyer told reporters. The grand jury is connected to special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian election meddling and any ties to Trump associates.

Stone, a longtime associate of President Trump's, met with a Russian offering dirt on Hillary Clinton in 2016. The lawyer for Miller, Paul Kamenar, said Miller deliberately didn't show up in court before the grand jury Friday so he would be held in contempt of court, and could appeal to a higher authority. Kamenar says Judge Beryl Howell has stayed her contempt order until Monday, so that Miller can appeal to the D.C. Circuit Court."