The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Trump appears to be building a defense of the Russian and obstruction allegations based on "Fake News".
    He sent Sanders out to claim that the media is purposely putting out false information.
    As she made the statement one reporter asked:

Trump's defense will be that everything is made up, nothing there, fake news, Mueller is lying about everything.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

3. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Hey Noxi, I saw on TV last night a clip where Moore's wife said one of their lawyers is a Jew. I think that supports what I was saying about Americans...and other nationalities. She could have said one of our lawyers is nice, is short, is tall, wears a Tissot watch, drives a Toyota, reads Cervantes; but no, she said he's a Jew?

NoxiousGas likes this.
  4. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

5. egger

egger Member

In reaction to Trump's remarks about women on the Billy Bush recording in which he mentioned Tic Tacs, the statement from Tic Tac is similar to the responses Trump got about his public behavior while in front of the wall of fallen CIA agents and his addresses to the Boy Scouts and Native Americans.

Tic Tac distances itself from Donald Trump after distasteful comments about women

"Tic Tac respects all women. We find the recent statements and behavior completely inappropriate and unacceptable."

stormountainman likes this.
  6. egger

egger Member

The Trump team is feeling the heat from Mueller's subpoena for Deutsche Bank documents. Deutsche Bank is known for its connections with Russian oligarchs. The Trump team has denied that Mueller requested the documents.

Trump and his people are playing a public relations game with Mueller and the FBI. They are releasing statements with the intent to annoy those in the FBI to try to elicit retaliatory verbal responses from members of the FBI that Trump can use to try to get people to think that the FBI is being unfair to him.

Trump has used similar tactics in his business career to try to make the accuser look like the guilty party. When Deutsche Bank filed a suit against Trump who owed it money, Trump filed a countersuit for $3 billion in damages claiming that the bank used predatory practices on him and damaged his reputation.

The situation with the FBI is different and doesn't lend itself well to Trump's 'art of the deal' tactics. Trump isn't able to effect leverage by filing counter criminal charges against the FBI and settling in private. Trying to leverage investigators would involve acts such as bribery, intimidation, extortion, or obstruction of justice.

Trump has shown signs of having a mindset to do such acts when he made what could be called an intimidating remark to Comey after he fired him, saying that Comey better hope that he (Trump) didn't make secret recordings of their conversations. The act of firing Comey itself could be considered obstruction of justice.

scratcho, stormountainman and MeAgain like this.
  7. egger

egger Member

The people at the FBI need to be aware of the psychological tactics that the Trump team is using on them and they need to have the discipline to not fall for it.

I was watching an old documentary about a Japanese submarine attack at night on U.S. military bases on the west coast of the U.S. during WWII. Many of those at the military bases wanted to fire back at the Japanese subs. It would have been a fruitless effort because the subs couldn't be seen and wouldn't have been hit. The act of the U.S. firing would have lit up their bases and given the Japanese much better accuracy on where to aim. A higher up in the military understood the Japanese tactic. He ordered that no one fire back and that anyone who did would be punished through a court-martial.

8. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Polls just closed in Alabama...I fully expect Roy Moore will come out on top. Not because of any polls or anything but because that's how highly I think of Alabama. Let's force the Ten Commandments down the throats of Americans.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yep

Saw an exit poll that 86% of Republican voters dont even believe the accusations, and you just know 10 of the 14% that do believe them will vote for him anyways because abortion.

And Alabama is overwhelmingly Republican. So, that's that.

10. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I predict that a Moore victory could give the dems plenty of cannon fodder to pick up more seats in 2018.

11. Virginia Ekblom

Virginia Ekblom Members

Yet he endorses Moore...................

12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I'm surprised Jones won. Trump and the Republican national committee who gave full-throated endorsement to Moore should have egg on their faces. It's surprising and refreshing these days when the good guy wins. Hopefully, this will be a setback for that swaggering asshole Steve Bannon, who fancies himself a kingmaker. As they say in Chicago, "Don't make no waves, don't back no losers."

scratcho likes this.
  13. egger

egger Member

A candidate who the President of the U.S. has to campaign for from another state because it's too toxic to be in the same state with him doesn't deserve to win.

Moore disappeared from his own campaign rallies. Similar to Trump, he was promoting himself from someplace else. Moore is too toxic even for himself. It's self-parody.

14. egger

egger Member

The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier
    Unpleasant facts are spilling out. Republicans don't want to know them.
    by Albert R. Hunt
    December 10, 2017, 10:00 AM EST

The Trump-Russia Probe Is About to Get Uglier

From the article:

"Trump loyalists have already started fighting that battle, with bitter preemptive counterattacks issuing from top congressional Republicans like House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy and even Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Charles Grassley. They've made it clear that they're more interested in discrediting Mueller than in learning about what happened between the Trump camp and Russia.

Trump, if caged, will lash out furiously. Maybe he'd try to fire Mueller and issue pardons for his family and friends. He'd rally his hardcore supporters, urging them to protest against the threat to him. Thus it's impossible to envision a peaceful resolution like the one that occurred in 1974, when Nixon was forced out to avoid impeachment.

"At the end of the day, Richard Nixon was found to have a sense of shame," notes Watergate prosecutor Richard Ben-Veniste. "It remains to be seen whether anything can shame Donald Trump.""

scratcho likes this.
  15. MeAgain

Doug Jones wins: Trump says he knew he would!
    He so smart!
    [​IMG]

Meliai likes this.
  16. MeAgain

Trump attacks Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, who along with 58 or so other female Congressmen called for his resignation over sexual misconduct.

Notice the use of the sexual innuendo of begging and "she'll do anything (for me.....wink wink...anything!) "

scratcho likes this.
  17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

As i say how do you have a rational debate with insanity? Any rational person would look at what Trump is and does and reject him but i heard this morning his approval rating is still at 37%.

In Alabama Moore lost but not by much 671,151 to 650,436 so about half the electorate still voted for a piece of crap like Moore.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    scratcho likes this.
  18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

I wonder if speculative market bubbles are ever a good thing.

19. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, that's the important issue here--money. Never mind there;s a fifth grader in the white house. Or rather Mar a Lago.

MeAgain likes this.
  20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Remember the bailout(s)? :) At least I think there was more than one. LOL I did a report on it. You would think I would remember more than it feels like I'm remembering right now. That was a long time ago I guess. Anyway. Bubbles make bailouts!