The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

scratcho likes this.
  2. egger

egger Member

Trump could try to identify all the electors who are supposed to vote for Biden, invite them to the White House, and give them a luxurious overnight stay at Trump International Hotel while saying to them 'I'd like you to do me a favor.'

Trump did a similar stunt when met with Michigan's state house and senate leaders at the White House who stayed at his hotel. Trump was trying to find a way to stop the upcoming Michigan vote certification.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    scratcho likes this.
  3. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

scratcho likes this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Are these people professionally stupid, or just amateur idiots?

Asking for a friend...

scratcho and Tishomingo like this.
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

:laughing:

This thread cracks me up!! Oh no! :fearscream: duh... I'm dumber just from reading above. Oh my.... :joycat:

6. egger

egger Member

In 2018 Republicans were relishing how Republican Brian Kemp beat Democrat Stacey Abrams for governor in what they deemed was a fair election while mocking Abrams' claims of voter suppression.

Two years later, people like pro-Trump attorney Sidney Powell are attacking Kemp by accusing him of being complicit in an alleged fraudulent Georgia election that in reality was fair and that Trump lost.

The infighting runs the risk of the Republicans losing two U.S. senate races in Georgia.

scratcho and Tishomingo like this.
  7. egger

egger Member

Trump finally took questions and became upset with a reporter.

He says big news is coming in a week or two about what he deems a fraudulent election.

He made the same remark last week and the week before that.

Trump Is In No Mood To Concede, But Says Will Leave White House

excerpt:

""There's no way that Biden got 80 million votes," he said, repeatedly.

When a reporter pushed back against his claims, Trump got angry. "Don't talk to me that way," he said. "You're just a lightweight ... I'm the president of the United States. Don't ever talk to the president that way."

Trump said he would leave the White House on Jan. 20, Inauguration Day. "Certainly I will — and you know that," he said. "But I think that there will be a lot of things happening between now and the 20th of January, a lot of things."

One of those things: Trump will campaign for the two Republican senators in the Georgia runoff races on Jan. 5. The White House said he will headline a rally on Dec. 5, and Trump said he may return to the state before the election, if needed. The results of the races will determine whether Republicans retain control of the Senate.

But he refused to say whether he would attend Biden's inauguration ceremonies, as is tradition. And as far as his political future beyond Jan. 20 — Trump also declined to answer.

"Well, I don't want to talk about 2024 yet," he said."

scratcho likes this.
  8. Cookie Man

Cookie Man Senior Member

"Well, I don't want to talk about 2024 yet," he said."
    My prediction-Trump won't be on the ballot in 2024.

9. egger

egger Member

Trump briefing. Questions start at 18:30.

Trump took questions but responded with 26 minutes of monolog.

He referred to the Georgia Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger as an enemy of the people.

10. egger

egger Member

Trump sounds like an endless pre-recorded message.

He offered no explanation for why nearly all of his election court cases have failed. Instead he said once again that big revelations will occur in the upcoming weeks.

Cookie Man likes this.
  11. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Enemy of the people. That's an old Commie Ruskie term, isn't it? Must have picked it up from Putin.

scratcho likes this.
  12. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Certainly hope you're right, but I'm sure he'll make a run for it. It will be fun to see if Little Marco and the other sycophants let him get away with it.

scratcho likes this.
  13. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

He has to fight off state criminal charges, and that might take a toll on his health. He may want to run, but I don't think he will.

scratcho and Cookie Man like this.
  14. Cookie Man

Cookie Man Senior Member

My thoughts exactly ,a republican friend from NY has an interesting theory,he thinks there will be a Trump on the ballot-his daughter Ivanka and that he will manage her campaign.

15. egger

egger Member

DeSantis has been in lockstep with Trump on the coronavirus.

DeSantis expands ban on enforcing local mask mandates.

‘Killing Spree’: DeSantis Extends Ban On Mask Enforcement Amid Florida COVID-19 Spike
    “I. Have. No. Words. Anymore,” tweets epidemiologist Dr. Eric Feigl-Ding of the Federation of American Scientists.
    By Mary Papenfuss
    11/26/2020 09:32 pm ET

'Killing Spree': DeSantis Extends Ban On Mask Enforcement Amid Florida COVID-19 Spike | HuffPost

excerpt:

"DeSantis extended an earlier order prohibiting localities from fining people who refuse to wear masks, effectively rendering mandates unenforceable.

He extended the order less than a week after a bipartisan group of mayors pleaded with him to issue a statewide mask mandate. Experts widely regard masks as a simple, effective way to stem the tide of COVID-19. DeSantis is reportedly no longer taking phone calls from mayors.

Chris King, the 2018 Democratic nominee for lieutenant governor, tweeted a news story of DeSantis’ latest move with a comment calling the decision a “killing spree.”"

scratcho and Cookie Man like this.
  16. Cookie Man

Cookie Man Senior Member

Excuse my French but DeSantis is a fucking asshole and King is correct,it is effectively a killing spree.

Flagme15 likes this.
  17. egger

egger Member

Trump is delusional.

He is still claiming that poll watchers were kicked out of polling rooms. Trump's own attorneys admitted to the judge that poll watchers were allowed in the rooms. Trump claims his attorneys didn't admit to anything.

Other remarks by Trump during the briefing:

"This election was rigged."

"The whole world is watching."

"The whole world is laughing at our electoral process."

"No way Biden got 80 million votes."

"The vaccines were me."

Flagme15, scratcho and Cookie Man like this.
  18. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I'm moving this over here, since I think it fits better than where I had it before on the Dump Trump thread. It's about the latest Supreme Court case, and is important because it's the first case in which the new bloc of Trump appointees to the court showed their colors and clout, and gives us some idea what we may be in for in the future. It also is the first case in which the Supremes grappled with Covid restriction in the context of the First Amendment "free exercise" clause concerning religious liberty. This shows that elections matter and that Trump's influence will last whether or not his political career does. Amy Comey Barret, in the late Justice Ginsburg's seat, made her debut in a case right up her alley involving religion. Last summer, with Ginsburg still on the court, the Supreme Court narrowly rejected challenges to virus-related restrictions on churches in California and Nevada. Looks like we're in for it.

The case is Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn v. Cuomo . It held against the right of state government to restrict the size of groups attending services at a Catholic church and synagogues. https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/20pdf/20a87_4g15.pdf It was a 5-4 decision, with the Trump appointees joining Justices Alito and Thomas in the majority, but conservative Republican Bush appointee, Chief Justice Roberts joining the liberals in the minority. That, in itself, is an interesting development.

The majority wrote: "Statements made in connection with the challenged rules can be viewed as targeting the ‘ultra-Orthodox Jewish' community. But even if we put those comments aside, the regulations cannot be viewed as neutral because they single out houses of worship for especially harsh treatment," the majority wrote in an unsigned opinion. Justice Gorsuch wrote, in a concurring opinion supporting the majority. He conceded that controlling the pandemic was a "compelling state interest", but did not think the restrictions were "narrowly tailored" to accomplish that purpose. "It is time—past time—to make plain that, while the pandemic poses many grave challenges, there is no world in which the Constitution tolerates color-coded executive edicts that reopen liquor stores and bike shops but shutter churches, synagogues, and mosques." Justice Sotomayor (Catholic), joined by Justice Kagan (Jewish) in her scathing dissent, wrote: “Justices of this Court play a deadly game in second-guessing the expert judgment of health officials about the environments in which a contagious virus, now infecting a million Americans each week, spreads most easily.” She addressed the majority's allegations of granting exceptions for liquor stores and bike shops. “Unlike religious services … bike repair shops and liquor stores generally do not feature customers gathering inside to sing and speak together for an hour or more at a time."Chief Justice Roberts argued in his dissenting opinion that the case was moot, since the places of worship were no longer in the restricted zones, and should have been rejected for that reason--an argument that was echoed by Gov. Cuomo, himself.

In free exercise cases, the Court has upheld restrictions on religious practices that are "religiously-neutral and generally-applicable laws" Employment Division, Department of Human Resources of Oregon v. Smith (1990), as opposed to those which seem to discriminate against religious practice for no good reason.Church of the Lukumi Babalu Aye, Inc. v. Hialeah (1993). The latest Supreme Court decision seems to treat the Lukumi precedent as welcome Llewllyn, The Bramble Bush (1930) and therefore to apply it broadly even in the face of a pandemic. I'm a churchgoer myself in normal times, but given the risks of large public gatherings, I and the other members of my Sunday school are sitting it out until the vaccine comes along and the crisis is over. I think the majority decision shows horrendously bad judgment--as though the worshipers will be magically protected.

19. egger

egger Member

Trump continues to call for a signature audit for the Georgia election but it's not likely to happen.

GA Republicans want ‘signature audit’ of absentee ballots. Why it likely won’t happen
    By Nick Wooten
    November 23, 2020 03:07 PM, Updated November 23, 2020 05:47 PM

https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/politics-government/election/article247371684.html

excerpt:

"There’s no current structure in Georgia’s election law to audit the envelope or application signatures as Kemp requested, Sterling said. It’s unclear who would pay for that process and how it would be done.

“The only way we could potentially do it is as part of an overall investigation, but we can’t open investigations based on a generalized (unhappiness) with the outcome,” he said. “There’s been no specific evidence presented.

“I won’t characterize the rationales or reasons some people want to do this,” he added. “The questions aren’t based in evidence. They are based in emotional appeals from Facebook and Twitter that have no science behind them and no evidence behind them.”"

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    stormountainman, Eric! and scratcho like this.
  20. egger

egger Member

Trump is contending without evidence that massive voter fraud occurred in voter applications in Georgia and elsewhere.

The Georgia signatures have already been checked twice before the election.

Due to privacy laws, the ballots that have already been separated from the envelopes cannot be re-connected.

If a signature problem is found via a post-election audit on an envelope that the county saves after the ballot has already been separated, the votes on its ballot couldn't be removed from the vote count because the ballot is no longer connected with its envelope.

stormountainman likes this.