The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. egger

egger Member

Trump's history of unpaid bills to the police may cripple the RNC convention in Florida which is scrambling to finish arrangements. The virus surge in FL is compounding financial problems.

After fights with the Democratic governor of North Carolina, Trump rashly moved the convention to Jacksonville which has become a hotbed for the coronavirus due to the denialist mindset of Trump and DeSantis.

'We can't pull it off': Florida sheriff says he can't muster security for GOP convention
    There's a lack of clear plans, adequate funding and enough law enforcement officers, he says.
    By MARC CAPUTO
    07/20/2020 02:01 PM EDT

'We can't pull it off': Florida sheriff says he can't muster security for GOP convention

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    MeAgain likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Maybe Trump could use his stormtroopers instead....

Flagme15 and MeAgain like this.
  3. egger

egger Member

Add inner city poverty and violence to the list. Little has been done between Trump and Congress to improve the condition of large urban areas.

Early in his term, Trump threatened to send in the feds to Chicago.

He's doing it now by sending in para-military police into cities with Democratic mayors he doesn't like, such as Portland and Chicago, to make a public relations stink leading up the the 2020 election which he thinks will garner votes, similar to his photo-op of holding a Bible upside down at a church across from the White House after tear-gassing peaceful demonstrators.

4. .

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2020
  5. egger

egger Member

This is the last resort for Trump during the last few months leading into the election. He is desperately trying to rule by decree as he sees his hopes of reelection fading because of his lack of deal-making expertise. He is so desperate that he even posted a pic of himself wearing a face mask

The Donald Trump Score Card

stormountainman likes this.
  6. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Trump is sending his troops to American cities to confront protestors. This can be understood as a conditioning ploy. First he sends in these DHS thugs to beat the snot out of civil rights marchers. Second, and as a result of Trump's violent response, the marchers and protestors become intimidated and begin to fear the governmental violence. Third, Trump will refuse to accept the results of November's election. Fourth, people will be afraid to protest due to the heavy handed response from Trump's troops. We used to have laws which prevented this sort of thing. We also had a tradition of cordial transfer of executive power. Now all that has changed, right along with a criminal justice department, an education department which is opposed to education, a housing department which is opposed to housing poor people, an environment protection department which gives polluter a free hand, and a land management department which hands out cheap land to corporations instead of the American people themselves. Under Trump, civil rights have been kicked back to pre-1964 days. Our foreign policy is bordering on stupidity and supportive of killers like Mohammad Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia. Our freedom of speech is under Trump reserved for white nationalists and excludes Democrats. And our Democratic elections are disrupted with voter suppression. Trump and his Republicans run their mouth about being patriotic but never wish to talk about their efforts to destroy American values of Democracy, freedom, and neutrally competent government services.

scratcho, Flagme15 and MeAgain like this.
  7. stormountainman

Maybe he has no intention of leaving?

8. stormountainman

The dude is a slow learner. He can't pass the GRE exam.

9. stormountainman

The look on Putin's face says, "I 've got this fool exactly where I want him!"

Flagme15 and Sierra like this.
  10. .

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2020
    scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  11. stormountainman

I don't know where he would find a Mexican who believes what he says after calling them rapists, criminals, and murderers?

12. egger

egger Member

Police and security have little reason to trust Trump to follow through on his financial commitments to them, and even less during the coronavirus which has left institutions strapped for cash.

Jacksonville, where the RNC convention is to be held, is a hotspot for the coronavirus and is already hurting financially.

Article from 2019.

Why hasn’t the Trump campaign paid all its police security bills?
    NBC NEWS
    Dave Levinthal
    Published Thu, Jun 13 2019 9:02 AM EDT

Why hasn't the Trump campaign paid all its police security bills?

excerpt:

"WASHINGTON — “Do we love law enforcement or what?” President Donald Trump asked a cheering crowd during his “Make America Great Again” political rally Oct. 12 in Lebanon, Ohio.

“Thank you, law enforcement!” the president later told officers, who he called “heroes.”

But when Lebanon City Hall sent Trump’s campaign a $16,191 invoicefor police and other public safety costs associated with his event, Trump didn’t respond. Trump’s campaign likewise ignored Lebanon officials’ follow-up reminders to cover the sum — one rich enough to fund the entire police force for nearly two days in this modest city of 21,000, between Dayton and Cincinnati."

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    scratcho likes this.
  13. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I know a Mexican guy who lives in Bakersfield and loves trump.

14. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

When trump goes to bed at night he turns the light off, rolls over, and hugs. . . . . . . . Mein Kampf!

15. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Bakersfield is a petroleum town.

16. stormountainman

I think I've heard tell about him? He works for the Kern County Republican nose pickers?

Flagme15 likes this.
  17. stormountainman

So is Oil Dale. When I drove a truck I used to go into Bruce's Truck Stop on Weed Patch Highway, and Truck Stops of America at the bottom of Grape Vine Hill at Wheeler Ridge. One of my favorites was the Union 76 at Button Willow. I also used to stop for good steaks at Tagus Ranch and Pea Soup Anderson's.

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And Avenal--and Coalinga. I worked the oilfields in the latter in my youth,

19. stormountainman

I remember Avenal because I hauled Tomatoes out of Patterson.

scratcho likes this.
  20. stormountainman

You just reminded me that I used to haul military stuff into French Camp which is just south of Stockton.