The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

3. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Did you listen to your hero when he told Modi that India did not have a common border with China? Did you listen?

erofant, Flagme15 and hotwater like this.
  4. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I think you --like Trump-- have trouble reading.

erofant, Flagme15 and Tishomingo like this.
  5. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

And unless you have the picture, you disregard the words of a dozen news sources. Just think of the absurdity. You think Trump would have himself photographed in a Bunker? Hell no. He only does photo ops like the one standing in front of a church holding the Bible. I'll bet you think he never shits, cuz there are no photos of him doing so. You believe what you want to believe. Post-modernism carried to its ultimate extreme.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I have a picture see

[​IMG]

It will last a lot longer in the annals of history than someone's second hand account in text

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I'm not arguing whether he was ever in the bunker or not. I saying he won that little media battle. There is of course no image of him in the bunker, so no one will remember it. 6 days later he does his little walk out to the church, there is a pic and a video, people will remember that

8. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Yeah. A blasphemous photo op--the second time he was ever in that church! You do love a demagogue, don't you!

erofant likes this.
  9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Blasphemous because the Bible is upside down?

You don't really believe he is all that religious do you?

10. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Blasphemous because he's using it as a prop for political purposes! No I don't believe he is at all religious!

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Careful... VG is going to require photos proving that.

etherea and stormountainman like this.
  12. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

What about if we all refuse talking in Trumpese ? "Fake news" ? How stupid is that ? I can distinctly recall that once we just used to call them lies, propaganda, misinformation . That huge pillock shouldn't be allowed to soil common speech with his shit stains. Hell, even in my country newspapers and politicians got accustomed to parrot the jargon of that windbag.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    stormountainman likes this.
  13. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

[​IMG]

14. egger

egger Member

Trump needs to reconcile his newly proclaimed concern about the plight of African-Americans with his previous instigation of culture wars that took advantage of racial issues to satisfy his thirst for ego battles.

Trump's behavior has shown that his ego and promotion of his perceived sanctity of the NFL conservative owner and fan culture have meant more to him than the plight of African-Americans.

Trump’s Philadelphia Eagles comments prove he’ll fight the culture war no matter what
    The NFL gave the president what he wanted. He’s still fighting them.
    By P.R. Lockhart Updated
    Jun 5, 2018, 7:59pm EDT

Trump’s Philadelphia Eagles comments prove he’ll fight the culture war no matter what

excerpt:

"That players had backed out of the event was no surprise; several players including team safety Malcolm Jenkins and defensive end Chris Long had already said that they would not attend, pointing to Trump’s handling of racial issues like the white supremacist-led Charlottesville protests as justification for their decision.

But in recent days, the number of players backing out increased rapidly; according to the New York Times, fewer than 10 players planned to attend out of the more than 80 team members invited earlier this year.

To make things more confusing, as Vox’s Jane’s Coaston notes, although Trump pointed to the Eagles players’ involvement in the kneeling protest and supposed lack of patriotism as justification for his decision, players quickly noted that they did not kneel during the anthem at any point during last season.

Still, Trump’s announcement, and his moves to frame the issue as being about the national anthem and respect for the flag, fit a formula that Trump has repeatedly used over the past year. The president has proved remarkably adept at taking racial issues and turning them into full-blown culture wars.

He’s demonstrated time and time again that he doesn’t mind using the presidency as a bully pulpit, especially against high-profile black people critical of his administration’s policies."

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  15. egger

egger Member

It's another example of Trump trying to argue an issue when he doesn't even have the facts straight.

stormountainman and erofant like this.
  16. egger

egger Member

Trump who referenced Second Corinthians as 'Two Corinthians' at Jerry Falwell's Liberty University can't be expected to hold a Bible rightside-up at a sleazy photo-op riddled with tear gas. The students at the university chuckled at his mistake.

Trump blamed his gaff on Perkins who he said wrote his notes. In Trump's mistaken perception, he thought that they were supposed to be read in his mispronounced manner.

If Trump had known anything about the Bible, he would have quoted it properly without having to be coached about details that are obvious to anyone who knows the Bible.

Listen To The Sirens Blare As Trump Triggers 3 Rows In One Go Amid George Floyd Protests
    Amid protests, Trump was also captured holding the Bible upside-down, inviting a lot of criticism on social media for staging a photo-op at the times of crisis
    Written By Koushik Narayanan
    Last Updated: 2nd June, 2020 11:58 IST

Listen to the sirens blare as Trump triggers 3 rows in one go amid George Floyd protests - Republic World

17. egger

egger Member

Murkowski and Collins again. They make statements occasionally that are critical of Trump, but when it comes to actually casting votes in the Senate, they support Trump.

Top Republican senators defend Trump's church photo-op after peaceful protesters cleared out
    By Manu Raju, CNN Senior Congressional Correspondent
    Updated 6:09 PM ET, Tue June 2, 2020

Top Republican senators defend Trump's church photo-op after peaceful protesters cleared out - CNNPolitics

excerpt:

"Sen. Susan Collins, Republican of Maine who faces voters in the fall, offered the toughest criticism of any Republican so far.

"To me at a time like this, the President ought to be trying to calm the nation, pledge to right historic wrongs and be a steady influence. I don't think that he was last night," Collins said Tuesday. "It was painful to watch peaceful protestors be subjected to tear gas in order for the President to go across the street to a church I believe he's attended only once."

Collins added: "I thought the President came across as unsympathetic and insensitive to the rights of people to peacefully protest."

In a rare Republican rebuke to the President, Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska told CNN, "I did not think that what I saw was the America that I believe in.""

18. egger

egger Member

19. egger

egger Member

And a sore whiner.

20. egger

egger Member

They sold out on their their most needy constituents by voting to cripple the Affordable Care Act in return for promised political gifts and by supporting 'I like beer' Brett Kavanaugh who is expected to further cripple the downtrodden.