The 'Deplorables' Speech: Five Years Later

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ~Zen~, Aug 31, 2021.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Nope, nothing deplorable here!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sosmartamadeus

sosmartamadeus Members

I pray she doesn't run against Trump, though it's the only imaginable way she could win. Her die-hards greatly underestimate how unlikable she is as a politician.

~Zen~ likes this.
  3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Actually I'm thinking of posting some of Ken Wilber's stuff on cultural evolution.

Theses "deplorables" are really just honest folks stuck in first tier mentality.
    They can't help the way they think as they haven't evolved mentally past the limits of mythic order.
    Nothing wrong with this stage as everyone must pass through it. But it becomes dangerous when it tries to exert itself to wipe out all other levels both above and below.

So we see these people currently mainly attacking the Orange level: Rational Scientific and the Green level: Egalitarian (Affirming, promoting, and belief in equal political, economic, social, and civil rights for all people). As they can't understand them and think they themselves will be eliminated.
    But as I said everyone goes through the Blue level at some time in their life, usually at high school age today...then some outgrow it, others don't.

stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Delighted to see you again Amadeus!

I do agree. Although I was a somewhat Hillary fan, that faded as it became apparent she wasn't capable of standing up to Trump, and as you said, the deep-rooted anti-Clinton foul taste in the brain.

Not a fan of Bill at all... he screwed up a lot of stuff in the name of 'the economy.'

stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  5. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

If the hat fits, wear it!

6. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Unlikely. There were so many other factors in play: the Comey memo, the Republican hype about the emails, wikileaks, etc.

stormountainman, scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  7. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The lies Trump told about her...

Tishomingo, scratcho and Piobaire like this.
  8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And those lies about her and almost everything else that the right continually bleats are still putrifying the political discourse. And maybe worse, the right has now fully captured the supreme court. Even more worse days are coming.

Piobaire, stormountainman and ~Zen~ like this.
  9. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Say what you will, but the Supreme Court handed us a good one this morning... refusing to allow Trump's BULLSHIT CLAIMS of EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE after leaving office... Now they can get to the bottom of things and maybe charge him with some CRIMES!

10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Let's hope so!!!!:D

~Zen~ likes this.