the Dead

Discussion in 'Music' started by Peace, May 8, 2004.

1. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

the Dead will rule till the end of everything :cool:

2. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

true. very very true.

3. attackmole

attackmole Member

Grateful Dead are good. But i think they are overrated from their legandary status.

Maybe i'm just not "getting" their music.

A well i cant deny how they affected the world.

4. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

i don't think the grateful dead is overrated. if anything i think they're not given enough credit for their talent. they deserve just as much recognition in the rock & roll hall of fame as everyone else in there but for some reason they don't get it...i don't understand. but if we're on the topic of the dead i wanted to ask everyone something...what do you think of the song china doll? it was the first song by the grateful dead that i ever heard and it made me want to get into them more. i can honestly say it is one of my favorites but when i tell people that they look at me like i'm crazy and say it's probably their least favorite. and tell me some of your favorites

5. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

I have only just started listening to them, I'm quite impressed!!

6. Peace

now a days music is all about the vocals. but i think good music incorporates some vocals with kick ass instrumentals. That is what makes the Dead so good.

7. chandra anjali

chandra anjali Member

so, are any of you kings going on tour this summer? [​IMG]

8. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

i would love to tour with the dead but i just can't afford it...hopefully one day i can. i will be seeing them at bonnaroo and the july 28th show in cuyahoga falls. i wish i could see them more

9. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

ive come to the conclusion to have a good band you must have a good keyboard player. i love the dead.....first song i heard was friend of the devil and it was completly what i did not expect but i fell in love instantly

10. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

i think every band needs someone to jam on the harmonica. it sounds so awesome

11. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

but you cant overdo it. jimmy buffet makes good use of it, but some other bands dont.

12. chandra anjali

chandra anjali Member

i love to play the harmonica. last night i was watching this band and i fell over in my mind with the harmonica player. the saddest thing happened though, after the show was over he came to talk to me, and my friend chris told him i was his girl...so the harmonica guy went away and i'll never see him again.
    :(
    but i did learn a lot about microphone movements from him...oooooooooooh lordy!

13. Peace

robert plant played the harmonica. maybe thats what made all the difference for Led Zeppelin.

14. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

if you guys can try to get the cover of no woman, no cry by ziggy marley and blues traveler, it's so amazing how he jams on the harmonica in that song!

15. bradofcentralpa

bradofcentralpa Member

i have friends who down them for their simple songwriting, but some of it isn't so simple--terrapin for example. jerry doesn't shred, so he gets forgotten as one of the greats. his bag of tricks was bottomless. sometimes they weren't tight, and the singing was always a little out of tune, but there's soul in that music, and i can't wait to see the remaining members w/ warren haynes at bonnaroo. the dead rock.

16. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I am making the Jul 27 show in Detroit. Its a first date too!!!!!!!

I admit, that last year when I saw them in VA beach, i spent a few songs trying to compare to when Jerry was there, but after like the 3rd song, I just let it happen like I shoulda and had the best time....you can still feel Jerry there anyway.

17. DeadheadHippieForPea

DeadheadHippieForPea Member

i love the dead so much...its just the amazing vibes i get when i listen to them..there sooo great...there music makes me so happy..hehe i cant wait to see them this summer...but only two shows...i wish i can tour around..but i dont have friends who would ever want too:(..peace and love

18. earthmuffin

earthmuffin Member

agreed...sigh. it's such an awesome feeling listening to the power of their music.:) it lifts you off your feet!

19. earthmuffin

earthmuffin Member

hell yeah for robert plant! Ooo ra ra! The harmonica playing was most definetly beautiful.

20. gonzo

gonzo Member

yaya Grateful Dead iz guud :)

So good, I have been a loyal DeadHead since show #1 in 1979, traveled unmeasurable miles, seen every VW bus on the planet, eaten the most kind veggie eggrolls, thrown the most frisbees, kicked the most hackysacks... the list goes on and on.

In my humble opinion, there is nothing, absolutely nothing in the world like a Grateful Dead concert!

Nothin left to do but smile, smile, smile :D :D