The days after

Discussion in 'The Psychedelic Experience' started by Syd222, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Syd222

Syd222 Member

Well, I've taken my first acid recently I did it during the night of friday to saturday. The days after saturday and sunday, I felt like my mind was much more clear, I could see things more clearly, kind of like when you do maths, and rewrite the whole thing on a new sheet, it's all the same but much more clear. I felt that my way of feeling, thinking, and just being had somehow changed.
    I had had some great come down on mdma, feeling very calm and contemplative, but it felt like an after-effect of the mdma. After lsd it was me who was changing, the way I felt the experience of life.

But on monday morning, when I had to go to class, I started wondering how it would be to just go on with my every day life. I felt I had been changed for the better, but still it made me think a lot, and basically got me nervous over nothing (it's not like I was different myself, but just the way I felt). I had an english class in the morning, and listening to the teacher speak (she's really not a great teacher, she actually amuses me because of that) made me trip, like I was forced to watch a cartoon, I was mixed up, I wanted to laugh, and go to leave the class at the same time. I felt myself getting hot (it was a little panic attack), said I was feeling sick and actually got out, went home by feet (1hour) and got to bed. I should add I had smoked a joint in the morning like I sometimes do, I think this is what made me feel like this. The day after I did go in the morning because I wasn't feeling like (I felt awkward about leaving like that, like in the movies when somebody gets crazy and need to leave the room..), I took a nap and after that just went on and it was ok.
    This little panic attack was weird because I actually felt great the days after the trip, and good when I got back to class the days after. This doesn't really worries me, I think it was probably due to the joint I smoked (it can be hard when you do it in the morning on a monday) and me being a bit paranoid and anxious in some social environment (I had experiences like this after smoking too much in high school, but I got used to managing it).

These days I feel good, and still a little different sometimes (the trip was more than 2weeks ago) but not like the week days after the trip.

-

I didn't create the topic to talk about my experience specifically, but rather about the days after a trip in general (depending on the psychedelic(s) and the dosage). How does it usually goes for you ? What does integrating the psychedelic experience means to you ?

(if there's already a thread about that please link it, i couldn't find it)

2. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Like I've just defragged my hard drives. My processing power is used much more efficiently, and things just operate more smoothly.. accompanied by a feeling similar to how I imagine a garden would feel after being watered for the first time in weeks of being sapped and withered by intense sun.

Although my last trip(excluding micro's) left me feeling pretty wrecked for a couple weeks after.. really not wanting to do anything, it all seemed like so much effort to do shit that seemed pretty damn pointless anyway.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

When I was in my late teens and early 20's, I would tend to recover quicker from psychedelic experiences, I feel now like I really prefer to have the day after be low key, free of any significant responsibilities. I have done many psychedelics but most of the others not mentioned here share somewhat similar after effects to one or more of these. I will start off with some of the drug specific negatives:

Mushrooms may make me feel lazy the following day and kind of foggy headed sometimes, perhaps some slight memory impairment or just a sense of being out of it. Usually lasts about a day

LSD may sometimes make me feel mentally drained, achy muscles ,detached and kind of fixated/anxious on issues for the following days.

MDMA may make me feel physically exhausted the day after and emotionally vulnerable and sensitive for about half a week.

Mescaline may occasionally give me a headache on the comedown, perhaps with some minor lack of focus the following day.

For the positive after effects which I have found in varying aspects of all these psychedelics is that they can leave me with an afterglow of new found knowledge, sense of inner peace, better understanding and appreciation of those and the world around me, resolution and/or insight on personal issues and more. The integration process usually comes in the following days to weeks for me. I rarely take light doses, mostly explore moderate to heavy doses.

4. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

I feel emotionally raw and scrubbed clean like a new copper penny

A delicious feeling