The day I quit smoking weed

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by jimi420, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

The brain has THC receptors because our bodies produce cannabinoids naturally for a purpose.

We have opiate receptors - does that mean that God intended we smoke opium/shoot up heroin too?

Those opiate receptors are actually endorphin receptors. We have endorphins for a purpose.

Anandamide is the most prominent cannabinoid that our body produces naturally. Scientists have found that our natural cannabinoids play an important role in controlling inflammation.

http://www.firstscience.com/home/ne...y-have-an-anti-inflammatory-effect_32215.html

So lemme ask you this - why do living creatures evolve features?

Its because those features contribute to their survival.

How could THC (or any drug in any psychoactive plant) contribute to the plant's survival?

By killing potential predators. THC is a pesticide. It is not "god's gift to man" or any such thing like that.

Of course, it isn't a pesticide in the sense you might get when you hear that word. You might say it takes a very "weak minded" creature to be susceptible to THC overdose. Something with a much simpler nervous system than ours. Like a bug.

Lucky for us, we're not bugs and can smoke as much pot as we want without dying - at least not by THC anyway.

2. jimi420

jimi420 Member

thanks^

I knew there was probably other reasons for the THC receptors in the brain other than God intended for us to all smoke pot.. haha..

3. neuroptican

neuroptican ...hadouken!

gEo_tehaD_returns, according to Fred Landau, a botanist at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, there're a few possibilities of the purpose of THC. You mentioned only one of the three, which you misrepresented.

Theory #1 - To protect the plant from UV radiation. This theory rests on the fact that naturally growing cannabis plants will have a higher THC content at higher elevations.

Theory #2 - Disease protection. THC apparently exhibits some antibiotic properties.

Theory #3 - Pest control. To discombobulate the insects (and higher herbivores) that prey on the plant. It might make a bug or rabbit forget what it is doing or where in the world it last saw that tasty plant.

http://www.unlv.edu/faculty/landau/cannabis.htm

4. Vapemaster

Vapemaster Captain of a sinking ship

/facepalm

I didn't say god intended us to smoke pot...and I told you I don't have the same perception of what god is as you do. I am saying that there are all of these chemicals that have different effects on the human brain that come from the earth and it certainly isn't coincidental.

It does what it does. Just like psilocybin mushrooms have their effects on the mind, just like mescaline, just like THC. There is a purpose and place for every substance, can't dismiss one because our society can't deal with it. Look how many opiates are used in pharmaceuticals. So it's ok to take opiates to ease pain, but not to feel good? If I want to feel good it's acceptable for me to go to the store and purchase some alcohol? Sucks being stuck in this fucking hypocritcal society.

5. jimi420

jimi420 Member

I love you my friend, but you are confused.

The God I know gives us eternal joy and eternal pleasures.

"You make known to me the path of life;
    in your presence there is fullness of joy;
    at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."
    psalms 16:11

It's a shame that we think these temporary highs are the greatest thing one can seek after..

He who has eyes to see, see and He who has ears to hear, hear. amen.

bless you.

6. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

This isn't the place for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.