The day I quit smoking weed

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by jimi420, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

Jimi, can I ask you a question? I don't mean to be rude, I am just genuinely curious about this and have been for a long time.

THere are a lot of religions out there. All of them claim to be the "right" religion, the one whose doctrine is true. Why is it that you have decided that Christianity is the "right" religion and, thereby, implicitly decided that all other religions are, at least in significant part, wrong?

What about people born in, say, India? Do they get sent to hell just because they were brought up to believe the "wrong" religion? Can they be blamed for this? They only believe their religion for the same reason that most of us in the states believe that Christianity is the "true" religion - because we were brought up to believe it.

Lets say something happens - something that wouldn't really be able to happen in real life, but for the sake of discussion lets just say it does. All the bibles in the world are lost or destroyed or whatever. Nobody passes Christianity on to their children. Does everyone from this point on go to hell because they don't beleive in christ, even though it is clearly not their fault?

I've got another one.

Do you believe smoking marijuana is a sin? If so, why? If not, you must have some other reason for stopping? I assume the first is the case though since you describe Christianity as a sort of "replacement" for marijuana.

2. BradTheSkeptic

BradTheSkeptic Member

But you can smoke without putting hope in it and worshiping it. I would wager most people who smoke don't worship it.

Do you think the same for any enjoyable activity?

What do you base this belief on, specifically?

3. jimi420

jimi420 Member

I do believe God made the heavens and the Earth, even your demons know this.

God did make the marijuana plant, but I do not believe He intended for it to be smoked. I mean He made the same plant that you derive Cocaine from does that mean do coke? He made all the chemicals we have to make meth does that mean we should smoke meth? Yes, He made the marijuana plant, does that mean He intended for us to smoke it? Maybe.. He really could have I guess.. But from the 3 years I smoked it did a lot of harm to my body and soul, and the God I know does not want that to happen to me..

Once again, not here to bash on pot smoking, just here to declare Christ the risen savior.. Doing it in the marijuana section because this was my home away from home before I was born again..

4. jimi420

jimi420 Member

To answer your first question.. you know my friend it is something I have gone back and forth with.. there are times when I'm like really? Why do I think I'm right about this? There are so many other religions? bla bla bla.. But then I remember how I have CAST OUT DEMONS FROM PEOPLE, i pray in tongues as the word says, I HAVE HAD DREAMS/VISIONS, i have had prophetic words given to me that were dead on, AND I'VE JUST SEEN GOD SHOW HIMSELF TO ME IN MANY OTHER WAYS. So I guess that is a hard question and I've asked it to myself before, but I still believe.

Your next question about people born in other countries with other religions.. I actually asked this one to my pastor the other night and His answer was the one I already had in my head basically.. That I am not sure what happens to them.. But the God I know personally is PERFECT and A PERFECT JUDGE. So I trust His decision. Sorry if that sounds like a cop out, but it's pretty legit answer to me..

Once again, the Bible destruction situation, not really sure what would happen friend, but I trust God to judge wisely.

Ummm I guess I would say I do believe marijuana is a sin. Overall, I just think it's a good way to let satan screw with you(I know he screwed with me when I got stoned). But for the millionth time I did not come here to bash on pot smoking. Let me say this again, it's not about what you're doing wrong, I'm not here to tell you you all are a bunch of dirty pot smoking hippies on your way to hell, I'm just here to say EVERY ONE, rich, poor, stoned, sober, white or black is on their way to hell with out the blood of Jesus Christ paying for their sins.. it's pretty simple.

5. jimi420

jimi420 Member

I would say that almost any one who smokes worships it, maybe not people who use it for medical purposes, but I think a lot of people do worship pot smoking.

Let me explain what I mean by worship.. I do not mean that they set up an altar and bow down to it.. but with their words and actions pot becomes their god. It's very simple, it is their most important thing in life, the thing they give glory to. Because, my friend, we were all CREATED TO WORSHIP.. So in essence we are all worshiping something.. food, sex, money, clothes, cars, drugs, alcohol, etc.. It's not just pot, so my point is not, once again, Jesus vs pot, it's Jesus vs all false Idols. does that make sense?

So yes I do believe this for any enjoyable activity that if you do the activity out of worship for the creation and not the creator you are sinning. If you do not give love and thanks to the creator for the creation you are sinning, etc.

I base it on the commandment, love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your mind, and with all your strength.

I also base it on the commandment you shall have no gods before Him.

And I also base the idea of not smoking pot any longer on the fact that when I got stoned demonic stuff happened to me.. so I believe it to be a conduit for the demonic realm in general, which is something you do not want to have in your life.

peaceeee. bless you!!

6. Vapemaster

Vapemaster Captain of a sinking ship

You dodged my main point completely, which is that the human brain has receptors for tetrahydrocannibanal (THC) to bind to. You think this is coincidental? I believe not. Anyways I'm done with this thread. My intelligence far surpasses yours, and I don't care if I seem like an egotistical asshole for saying so. Knowing there are millions of people as foolish as yourself in existence on this planet only makes me happier with myself. Thank you mom and dad for raising me right. They are the ones that created me, not "god". As I stated in a previous post, god is only a figment of your imagination. If I say "picture god" to a room full of people, everyone will have a different perception of the word. You're lagging in the mud bro, but it's not too late. Eat some acid and realize waht you are truly alive for. I have already explained it but you told me it is lies. All bow before jimi420 he is enlightened and all knowing! He casts demons out of people! (Talk is cheap, that means shit to me, let's see some proof). And to the majority of you good folks on here whose brains aren't saturated in biblical bullshit, believe in yourself. No one is smarter than you as everyone is the exact same. You don't need false idols to live a good life as long as you are confident in yourself (but I'm sure I don't need to tell any of you this, as most of you aren't on here playing the role of missionary).

7. BradTheSkeptic

BradTheSkeptic Member

I get the feeling your assumptions are based on how you viewed pot. You apparently worshiped pot, but that doesn't mean that most do. Most just find it enjoyable and a means to relax. People may enjoy things, but it doesn't automatically mean they put that before their god.

Fare enough. Thanks for the explanation, friend.

8. jimi420

jimi420 Member

Thanks for talking Brad.

If I could say another thing.. Have you ever tried praying/crying out to God/repenting of your sins? If you are really interested, and mean it truly, and are ready for it.. you will feel God show up.. it might take some time and commitment because we have walls up that keep God out.. but it's worth it when He crushes those walls with His love!!

9. jimi420

jimi420 Member

Ok. you are smarter than me. there you go.

For the 10 millionth time, I'm not here to bash on pot smoking, only to declare the name of JESUS CHRIST.

I do not care about THC receptors in my brain. I do not know enough on the subject to debate you on it.

bless you friend.

10. BradTheSkeptic

BradTheSkeptic Member

I am too skeptical. I used to be a christian. Saved, baptized, the whole 9 yards. I prayed, but must have been too skeptical to hear. I realized long ago that I will never know if a god exists, and if he/she/it does, there was no way for me to know wich religion was correct. All I can do is live my life the best I know how. Respect your fellow man. Be good and kind to all I meat along the way. If that isn't good enough for god, then so be it. If there is a god, I wouldn't think he would turn away a good person simply because that person chose the wrong belief system.

11. jimi420

jimi420 Member

Well, like the thing is that like no man or woman can stand before God and not be judged and found guilty of sin.

He created us, and we rebelled against Him.. if you ask me He should have scrapped us already.. but He loves us so much that He decided to pay the price for our sins.. so no one no matter how "good" of a person we think we are, can stand before God and be found innocent without having accepted Jesus blood for our sins. With Jesus' blood it does not matter if you were a crappy person or not, because you are innocent, praise God.

But anyway, we will all be judged, it is written in revelation. And that is a scary thing because I do ugly things all the time, the only thing that keeps my mind as peace is knowing that Jesus saved my butt. But also Jesus' paying for our sins is not an excuse to keep on sinning.. the Word says if you love Him(God) you will keep His commands.

Anyway, babble babble.

peace.

12. boredpsycho

boredpsycho resident grammar nazi

smoking weed isn't explicitly stated as a sin. in fact, it brings some people closer to god. and brad more or less hit the mark, except he used the wrong 'meet'.:p

13. BradTheSkeptic

BradTheSkeptic Member

I wasn't trying to imply I lived a perfect life. Only the best life I can. I often find myself not living up to my own expectations. Take it easy, jimi. Good talking with you.

14. jimi420

jimi420 Member

My friend I am sorry, I came off wrong to you.. that was not something directed at you so much as it was the whole word.

Sorry friend for offending you..

I am sure you are a good dude, you really sound like it.. my point is though that God can't live with us until we are perfected, and that is done by the blood of Christ washing over our sins..

Bless You my friend.

15. BradTheSkeptic

BradTheSkeptic Member

LOL... Thanks. That's just good ole southern learnin for ya.

16. jimi420

jimi420 Member

Ya smoking weed is not specifically stated as a sin, yet neither is selling crack.. or slapping your grandma..

The God I know draws near to us when we draw near to Him.. I can't say for sure, but I don't think smoking pot brings us nearer to Him.. I believe prayer and fasting does, and worship in spirit and in truth. amen.

BUT for the 10 millionth and 1st time, I'm not here to bash pot smoking, just hear to talk about Christ.

bless you.

17. BradTheSkeptic

BradTheSkeptic Member

You didn't offend me. I just thought you might have got the wrong impression.:)

18. jimi420

jimi420 Member

cooooooooool!!

19. PeaceInTheStreets

PeaceInTheStreets Member

Really? We should be scrapped for minor "sins" like smoking weed, the occasional lie, and basically anything that makes us unperfect?

That's total bullshit.

20. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

disgusting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.