The Darkness

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mrs.Plant, Jun 6, 2004.

1. anti

anti Member

i really dont like the darkness. that whole style of music ive never like, and there "revival" of it i dont like either.

2. xZx

xZx Member

I have to admit it, i really like the darkness, they just make me smile and in my humble opinion they are really good musicians. At leasts they arent manufactured pop idol style and the fact the lead singer wrote the shlomp thing for ikea must count for something? lol :) Mind you, there are few bands i dont like, im not fond of the cheeky girls but who cares, each to their own.

3. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

I agree. Because of The Darkness, great British bands such as the Fast Food Rockers and Westlife are having their image tarnished. I can truly say that I won't be as sad to see The Darkness split up as I was to see S Club 7 split up!

4. exetaycblues

exetaycblues Member

The Darkness are a refreshing change from all the 'Pop Idol', 'Fame Academy' manufactred dross that is churned out today. There was a time when Britain produced some of the most influential and inovative bands the world has ever seen; I might list The Beatles, Stones, Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Jam, The Smiths, Billy Bragg, The Specials to name but a few. Bands that all had something to say and weren't afraid to say it even if it meant a loss in sales. But now what do we get? manufactured crap that is targeted at fickle teenagers who will no doubt change their musical tastes as quickly as they change their fashion statements.

5. rocknrolljunkie

rocknrolljunkie Member

I like the darkness. They weren't afraid to throw something out there that was manufactured to sound like every other new band now adays. Sure they are a throw back to older rock n roll, but maybe that's what we need, more people making music that isn't made on an assembly line by record companies, just to have another hit.

6. Mrs.Plant

Mrs.Plant Member

That's a very good point. We need real music. I'm so sick and tired of all of the pop shit and the American idol-ish crap that seems to be so popular. The darkness play their own instruments and at least have talent in more ways than one. (Miss Spears, however, has the sole talent of shaking her ass) Justin Hawkins shakes his ass, sings and plays guitar. Now that's no Jimmy, but hey, it works!

7. xZx

xZx Member

hehe yay! a man that can multi task!!! LOL

8. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Chris digs The Darkness.

9. Mrs.Plant

Mrs.Plant Member

Chris, I'm diggin' the hair, man! If, that is a picture of you....

10. RaZoRblAdEKiSsEs

RaZoRblAdEKiSsEs Member

British rock is pretty good, and before MTV mainstreamed them they were good, but now im not too into them.

11. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Aye, i's me.