The Crazy Situation I'm In

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by APinkBunnyRabbit, Aug 21, 2005.

1. DirtyVibe

DirtyVibe Member

Yeah, but she wants to go to college. She'll have a bitch of a time paying for college without her parent's help. That's why it's so hard, I'm thinking. This actually makes me feel kind of sad and I'm going to think about it for a while. I mean, I really want to help this guy.

2. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

She has a half scholarship, + a New York Lotto $1000 scholarship. Her tuition is ~$12k/year. Student loans should be able to cover it.

She's going to college in NY ironically because her parents didn't want to send her away. Now that she has me in NY, well, they want her to be away (with her dad, anyways).

DirtyVibe: She couldn't sneak out of the house. She's located in the middle of nowhere. The closest bus station is out of range of walking (and she doesn't know where it is, though I checked online).

This isn't going to be easy, but we're going to do it. I have over 4 thousand dollars saved up, and if I have to, I can earn more. She is incredibly beautiful and intelligent, and gets straight As; I'm sure she can get a job that can pay enough to support rent. College funds will be an issue, but I have an inkling that if her school knew of her parental situation, they would potentially be willing to award a full scholarship; she only got a half scholarship because of lack of financial merit, as I understand it.

3. Prince Astaroth

Prince Astaroth Member

Man, those Muslims are just crazy, and I can speak from Experience... my family is Iranian. Well not my immediate family, we're all pretty Americanized, but lots of my relatives. I HATE WHEN THEY COME TO VISIT!!! God, they always have to have things THEIR way or they complain, they're completely irrational. They come here and stay for months at a time, eating all of our food, maxing out my parents credit cards and stealing things to take back home even. They re-arrange our furniture without permission and dirty up the bathrooms... they think that they own the place. I really don't know what to tell you, I've been fighting the battle against the Muzzis for years now, and currently I'm still losing that battle.

4. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Yeah, dude. Same with my family. They're fucking insane. They expect me to wait hand and foot on them at any time of the day. They also like to tell me everything that's wrong with me (my hair, clothes, room, etc) and how I'm going to come back to Syria with them to marry my cousins.

I say "Kuss umich" and walk away.

5. Sirjimalot

Sirjimalot Member

Well, in all fairness Pink,
    we are only getting Your side of the story here...

6. Sirjimalot

Sirjimalot Member

wow! That is horrible.

7. SkeeterVT

SkeeterVT Member

Unfortunately, until she turns 18, your girlfriend will remain under the tight control of her parents and there's nothing legally you can do about it. Minors under 18 have few legal rights beyond the right to not be abused.

What her parents don't realize, though, is that she will despise them for many years to come -- and will likely cut off all contact with them after she leaves the nest. They can no longer control her once she turns 18 and legally becomes an adult.

You'll need plenty of hard evidence to prove that her parents are being abusive toward her -- evidence that will stand up in a court of law. And won't be easy to obtain.

By the way, Pinkie, since your profile doesn't your own age, how old are YOU? It's a relevant question, under the circumstances.

-- Skeeter

8. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

Skeeter: I'm 16.

I don't see why evidence of abuse is necessary. It's less than 8 months until she turns 18; winning a legal battle for only a potential few months of freedom would be prohibitively expensive, hard, and straining. They could just pull her to another country before, and retain control, too, if they thought they would lose their rights over.

9. SillyBird

SillyBird Greek Goddess

Same with my family! I'm 100% greek and we can trace it all the way back to the 1200's. All damn day I keep hearing how when I go back there I'm going to be a good girl again and meet a nice greek boy. They set me up with my 3rd cousin, ewww!

10. Prince Astaroth

Prince Astaroth Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one, they always complain about me being a bad person and stuff just because of the way I look. They tried to set up some marriage for me already when I was younger to marry a cousin or something, I'm glad it never happened. And for the record what does "Kuss Umich" mean? I don't speak Arabic, or whatever language that was.

11. Aerosolhalos

Aerosolhalos Member

I was in the same situation. Then we sneaked contact after about three months and she had lost her virginity to some other guy. Hm. I hope you have better luck than I did.

12. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

She loves me too much to do that. That is one thing I know and don't worry about. I lost my virginity to her, and she semi lost her virginity to me (she was a non-virgin; she had had one other boyfriend who had sex with her then dumped her. She had never climaxed during sex or enjoyed it or gotten ino it before me).

13. Insomniac_Junkie

Insomniac_Junkie Member

I suggest getting your whole family and hers to have dinner or something or just meet somewhere and just say what you said here, you mean the best and you don't degrad her family etc... you sound very intelligent for a 16 year old and far supurior in maturity oh and if they meeting goes down wear a wire lol

14. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

I wish that would work. They, however, are completely intolerant. Her family is psychotic, dilusional, and paranoid. They don't have much money, as the father is only a general practitioner, but they spend ALL their money on a lower east side apartment right by the UN, where rent is some of the most expensive per square foot in the world, so they can maintain the illusion of wealth. Her mother told her that I (at 16, as a high school student, who HAS money of his own) am just with her "for her money." This is actually a projection, as her mother married for money. The parents' relationship is completely fucked, as they don't live together and have nothing in common, but stay married and pretend to be happy because they're "supposed to."

My girlfriend sleeps in the living room, on the couch. If someone orders food, she is supposed to dress up formally to greet the delivery guy. She is given arbitrary curfews that change at the whims of their emotions. Her mother is a darvocet (opiod painkiller) addict; she is prescribed the pills by the father. She believes she legitamitely needs them, and is in complete denial.

I could go on and on and on, but I hope I get my point across, that her family is a fuckin lost cause. They make my girlfriend depressed and unhappy, and try to dictate her life. Fuck that shit.

15. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Literally, it means "Your mother's vagina". Arabs have some weird ass insults.

16. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Dude, that sounds pretty damn serious. Aren't there any institutions you can warn, like a bureau that investigates domestic violence and neglect and stuff? Maybe even the police. Really, man, cause it doesn't sound like they'll give up on dominating her like that once she's turned 18.

The bond between you and your girl sounds very strong and I hope it will endure your tribulations. It certainly deserves to do. You're in my thoughts, and keep us updated.

All these stories make me detest monotheists more and more.

17. Sirjimalot

Sirjimalot Member

Well, I think the most important thing to remember here is that Your GF is Still a minor and once she turns 18 she is free (according to us laws) to do as she chooses...

what we consider controlling, is normal and quite propper in other cultures.. (have you ever saw the movie Bend it like Beckam???)

18. APinkBunnyRabbit

APinkBunnyRabbit Member

They will try. They won't, however, succeed. She has already threatened, amidst fights, to move out. "You can't do that! No one moves out before they're done with schooling [college]! You have no money!"

All in all, it's very simple. The day she turns 18, she spends the night here, and probably for a few days after. We then go around to various apartments that I've already pre-selected in the prior week, put down a down payment, and voila. She attends school for the rest of the year and then she gets a summer job. All should be good.

The police can't do anything. Child services can't do anything. Very little that they do actually violates the law; it's all legal abuse. A parent has lots of leeway in how s/he can parent his/her child. Since they don't hit her, it's hard to come up with much of a case.

I do plan on reporting the father's prescriptions of Darvocet to the DEA; perhaps that can get his med license revoked, and keep mommy away from painkillers. Tis the least they deserve.

This is a picture of her, btw.

[​IMG]

19. Sirjimalot

Sirjimalot Member

Dude, you are one lucky guy!
    My advice to you........ wait untill she is 18...
    Once she is 18 she can do what she wants...

as far as the Perscription abuse, that is pretty hard to proove in court...
    Her Father is a Physician... He would loose his liscense over this as well as face criminal charges... Im not defending him, Im merely pointing out what will happen as a result of choosing to report him to the DEA...

What evidence do you have that there is any wrong doing? All perscriptions for Darvecet are monitored allready...

20. Prince Astaroth

Prince Astaroth Member

Yeah, I noticed they were weird. I'll have to remember that one for the next time my dad brings one of his Arabic-speaking Iraqi friends around. There is this one in Farci that my dad always says. Don't know how to spell it or say it, but when translated to English it means "Your grandmother has a saggy ass."