The Copycat Theory of Christianity: Jesus and Pagan Parallels

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by Tishomingo, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

As for "what we come up with", it would be futile for me to come up with more parallels or possible prototypes. There are so many pagan deities, and mythicists are so imaginative in coming up with parallels to Jesus or Christianity. So somebody propose something you think is plausible, and see what we think. I might mention that establishing causation requires more than showing that two things seem similar and that one came before the other. It seems reasonable to ask those alleging these parallels to make a case for them, and then let's see how likely it is that Christianity was copied from them. I've already covered quit a few of them. Your turn.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  2. abwzyadalmtyry

abwzyadalmtyry Newbie

Personally, I'm with you on the historical Jesus existed. Still, I'm also down with exploring different theories, even if it's just for intellectual exercise.
    At the end of the day, it's all about spreading love and positivity, so let's not forget that amidst the debates. That's what the First Church of Love I attend is all about

Tishomingo likes this.