The coming out thread

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by Samhain, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Helena87

Helena87 Member

I'm Bi. I'm 21 and I just realised about a year ago. Well ok not true cause I always liked girls alot but I was extremly confused for a long time cause I still liked guysso I was hanging on to that for dear life but now it's like fuck it. I'm bi!! I think...Here's where the confusion starts cause I like girls alot and I think guys are good looking. Never enjoyed sex with them...So maybe I'm gay. I feel horrble being confused at 21 but I've never been around gay/bi people. No one every told me it's possible. It was all just straight when I was growing up. It's just so hard....Am I gay??

2. Electric boy

Electric boy Member

I thinck you are bi but mabie gay - just see how it goes dont feel afried to have relshionships with girls even if you discover that you are bi.
    Also you may be 21 thats ok not everone discovers there sexulitie in there teens. It may take you a bit longer cos of what you up bringing was like, e.g. compleatly straght and no one explanined it.

3. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I didn't know for sure until I was 19. Although I've been attracted to girls forever. I did have a wondering period around 12, 13, 14, if I was gay. But that was before I knew there was such a thing as bi. Since I liked guys too, I put the thoughts out my head and figured I was as straight as anyone else.
    But you shouldn't worry so much. Sexuality isn't so big a deal. Just go with what you feel and love who you love.

4. LorettaYoungSilks

LorettaYoungSilks Member

I'm gay, and already out of the closest (Well mostly).

My mother felt my older brothers may not quite understand it, so to them I am feminine, but strait.

Always kind of knew. But was assured at some point around 16 when being with a girl would end with a gag reflex of some sort :p

5. jnorton47

jnorton47 Cosmic Traveler

I'm 61. I have been married to the same women (Val) for over 38 year. We have real good sex. I have known I am bi from 10 year old, but growing up in a homophobic society I have been very shy about expressing it to anyone. The only guys I have come out to are those I have known long enough to know how they felt about homosexuality. I think if anyone I know gave in much thought, they would know. I think most people I know just don't want to know. Don't ask, don't tell! <(^_^)>

[​IMG]

6. Goon

Goon Member

im gay as you know, as you already know

7. jnorton47

Gee, I had no idea! <(^_^)>
    Hug and kisses.

8. jnorton47

OMG! I know just what you mean. I think most people just don't want to know. They look at me, in the back of there mind they are thinking. "This guy is a bit strange." But they just don't want to ask. I think they are afraid offending me or something. I have friends that are gay, and they have never asked. And, I wished they would. I believe they think because I 'm married to a woman, and live a otherwise straight life that I am straight. <(^o^)>

9. TransTeen

TransTeen Member

I've already come out to most of my friends.My parents know but are in denial and won't tell or let me tell the rest of the family.Still this is the coming out thread so........I'M TRANS!

10. xxtaylesxx

xxtaylesxx Member

I'm gay, and have told my mum and my brother also knows from an external source. But I am still closeted to the outside world, all my friends think I am straight haha. Thanks society...

11. TransTeen

TransTeen Member

Yea I know how you feel Tayles...Same thing with me exept my family is in denial.Hopefully they'll accept me soon.

12. druidhippie90

druidhippie90 Member

i come out of the closet about a year ago
    i could not be more happy everyone is ok with it

13. daddysgrl85

daddysgrl85 Member

I have found myself flirting with the idea of female to female sexual activity for some time now. Ive solely had relationships with men in my past and they have worked out well, both emotionally and sexually. However, I find myself fantasizing about more... I've kissed girls, fingered them, and I have always maintained that i'm a straight female; that I do it for the male attention. This I'm afraid isn't exactly true... I've always enjoyed the soft touch a woman, the scent, the way they don't force their tongue down ur throat haha...they are gentle. I would consider myself a Bi female...I've never admitted that.... it feels refreshing to do so.

14. needtobreathe

needtobreathe Member

I've known for awhile now. I always had crushes on girls when I was younger but never told anyone. Over the past year I have been seriously considering the fact that I might be bi and recently it came to my mind that by me saying I'm bi, I feel I'm using that as a cover up for being a full out lesbian. It's hard because I haven't been in a relationship or anything with male or female but I just know I wouldn't be that into it with a guy as opposed to a girl. Only one of my good friends know because I figured I could trust her seeing as she says she's bi herself and she's been through the whole coming out stage already.

I hate the label bi, straight, or gay. I just figure it as I'm not completely straight and I'm in love with a personality of someone rather than what gender they are. And it just so happens that right now I am head-over-heals for a girl. I just don't have the guts to tell her (she's the one I mentioned in the paragraph above). I'm afraid to lose the closeness. I haven't come out to anyone else yet and don't know how to initiate the conversation at all. I want to tell my roommates next year before we move in together (i've known them since HS) and they don't freak.

It does feel better even if I don't know anyone personally here :)

15. Shale

Shale ~

Welcome and might say that was a very good first post.

Yes, labels are difficult. I may be coming out gay after three decades of being bi. Haven't done a woman in over a decade - just men. Maybe I get more turned on by men.

However, if I go with gay, how do I explain those two decades of great sex with a woman and the fun sex I've had with over two dozen women in my lifetime?

Stick around, read some more and please do post some more. You'll soon know lots of decent ppl here and even meet a few old pervs. :rolleyes:

16. Kythlo

Kythlo Member

I'm a genderqueer pansexual radical feminist bitch and wouldn't have it any other way!

17. DutchElephant

DutchElephant Member

I'm gay.
    Guys...mmm

18. semajbn4

semajbn4 Member

I'm gay. Well glad I've come out now. So much easier than I thought it'd be. ;)

19. biguy71

biguy71 Member

LOL

I know we shouldn't make light of what people go through when they acknowledge their homosexuality or bisexuality to others, especially family and friends they have known for their whole lives, but that was pretty damn funny. :D

20. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

come out, come out wherever you are...