The Coming Collapse

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fraggle_rock, May 27, 2018.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Muslims are bad mkay

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

You claim that such bad things are happening in your life that you don’t have time to debate, answer questions, or address the criticism of what you say - but you insist on pushing your crap ideas.

You said “my life threw me a very unexpected obstacle for the worst” and so you are “going to take a long hiatus from subjects like politics for a while until I get things straightened out

You went on to explain - For now, until I get my personal and financial life straightened out, I’m limiting my posting to just giving my 2 cents here and there, rather than investing much time in real debate.

But sorry mate this excuse is beginning to seem at best rather impolite and at worse it just seems like a way to try and pump out your crap without having to address any comeback.

All of us have real lives that take precedent over our cyber lives, but this is a debating forum and if I know I haven’t the time to address issues raised by a post I don’t post. It just seems rather impolite to me to post something knowing in advance that I will be unable to discuss it.

I don’t post in the forum on many occasions that doesn’t mean I’m not around it I just don’t post because I don’t have the time to give it the attention it may need, if a discussion kicks off.

Anyway that is my 2 cents.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Okiefreak likes this.
  3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

In the '90s I worked for a Muslim guy from Iran. Dude was even more of a capitalist than me. He and his wife were self made millionaires and two of the richest people I've ever personally known. My kind of people.

Noserider likes this.
  4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

We have been through this crap a thousand times before, it’s just part of your alt-right political stance, trying to sow division and hate.

And again it’s a reflection of your black and white mentality, there seems to be no shade or degrees in the way you think it is either or.

EITHER people attack all Muslims OR they support all Muslims - including the ultra-conservatives and fundamentalist terrorists

(Oh and now we are going to get you bringing up your Muslim house mates to ‘prove’ you don’t mean ALL Muslims – but sorry but that is getting a bit stale and increasingly unbelievable)

Anyway I know you have no real come back on this it’s already been well established you are a purveyor of alt-right propaganda, misdirection and outright lies and that to be seems to be why you have discovered supposed personal and financial reasons why you can’t investing much time in real debate.

Okiefreak likes this.
  5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

So what do you think could be done to curtail a collapse?

6. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

All the Muslims I know are capitalist. They just go about it differently than our culture.

They tend to live within their means better than a typical American does. They keep their assets quiet. They don't divorce or marry like we do. Just a couple of examples.

None of which they could do in their homelands.

I was just talking to my friend Ehab about him getting a new car. His is 12 years old and starting to nickle and dime him. He would rather spend nickles and dimes on it than buy anything that has numbers and commas in the price. Not that he can't afford a new car, it's more just how they think about things.

He could buy 5 cars on his salary.

7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

The problem is, that very much of the Muslim world doesn't really agree with this socially liberal narrative. It'd be nice if they did though. Their principles on women's rights, gay rights, religious rights, anti-prohibition, freedom of speech, and even Diversity, all die at the altar of Islam. Every community where Islam predominates, women are oppressed.

I hate right wing religious bigotry of all kinds, but Islam is full of it.

8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

We have been through this crap a thousand times before, it’s just part of your alt-right political stance, trying to sow division and hate.

And again it’s a reflection of your black and white mentality, there seems to be no shade or degrees in the way you think it is either or.

EITHER people attack all Muslims OR they support all Muslims - including the ultra-conservatives and fundamentalist terrorists

(Oh and now we are going to get you bringing up your Muslim house mates to ‘prove’ you don’t mean ALL Muslims – but sorry but that is getting a bit stale and increasingly unbelievable)

Anyway I know you have no real come back on this it’s already been well established you are a purveyor of alt-right propaganda, misdirection and outright lies and that is the reason why you’ve discovered personal and financial reasons why you can’t invest any time in real debate.

I mean i'm sure your problems are terrible but they do seem to have worked out rather well for you on the forums they are not bad enough to stop you doing the thing you seem to enjoy which is to post your alt-right propaganda but they are so bad that they're stopping you from doing the thing you are not that good at and don't seem to enjoy which is to back up and defend your statements.

9. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

6. The problem you have is. If you have actual real world exposure to say Muslims in this example. And it doesn't comply with the lefts side. You are lying.

I know 3 Muslims close enough to discuss politics. 2 of them voted for Trump. Of those 2, one loves him more now than before, and the other less. The one that likes him less now did so, in part because he didn't think Trump should have listed more Muslim nations. He thinks Trump sold out to KSA and therefore is showing them favoritism. In other words Trump didn't go far enough in his limits of what countries should be listed. Quite the opposite of anything the left would ever think.

And all 3 of them hate gays. So lets not talk about that because the left will need to outcast them from the party in order to keep their party true in its beliefs.

The 3rd I know votes Democrat. Mostly because he is a physician and stood behind the ACA put in place by Obama.

I am a liar. Muslims can't vote for Trump. They all have to feel the same or they aren't true Muslims. Substitute any word you like in place of Muslim in this and you quickly get the logic they live by.

Problem solved in the lefts world.

Its easier for them to keep their world going this way. We are simply lying if we see a part of the world that doesn't fit into theirs.

Ban plastic straws. But provide free needles and ongoing addiction treatments to drug addicts. And they can't figure out why the world is collapsing. The world keeps lying to them.

10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

What a load of crap

Meliai likes this.
  11. deleted

deleted Visitor

Waiting for the last cow to give milk, the last chicken to give eggs, the last blade of grass to give grain, the last well to give oil... Its going to be a very very very long long wait..

12. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

What does this have to do with collapse?
    So the USSR didn't collapse because they still had cows and chickens and grass and oil?

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

A change is not a collapse.

14. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Venezuela is changing very quickly right now.

15. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Apologies I hadn't had the time to do research on the politics you were labelin' & or askin' me if I was until just now.

No I do not believe in a 100% inheritance tax. How does that even tie into workin' hard to earn what you got? Inheritance tax is payin' money to the government for somethin' bequeathed to you by family is it not? I fail to see the correlation. If a farmer's son inherits the land his pa worked that don't mean he's earned it. Gettin' dirty diggin' that dirt he's been left is how he earns it.

Yes

Ain't frightened just realistic

Say what you will but be ready to deal with backlash for what you said

Yes

I ain't touchin' the other shit you said about inequality & those born into privilege. Suffice it to say that I think both concepts are very broad & that people tend to use them as blanket ideals to blame anyone but themselves for their life choices

16. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Sort of like when people change into dirt I guess.
    So you think the USSR still exists?

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Why is it then that nine Muslim women have been elected heads of their governments, while the United States hasn't elected one, and the very thought of it sends AltRight/Alt Lite guys into fits of castration anxiety?
    .Meet The Nine Muslim Women Who Have Ruled Nations | Egyptian Streets
    10 Totally Badass Female Muslim Politicians You Should Know | HuffPost

18. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

There's a lot of variation in the status and treatment of women from one Muslim country to another. The worst are the Saudis , where Wahabi/Salafi sect of Islam predominates and the ultra-conservative Hanbaliyya school of Sharia law is followed; and the Pashtun Afghans, who follow tribal custom and keep their women in burkas and uneducated. The Hanafiyya school of Sharia, prevalent in Iraq, Turkey, lower Egypt, India, and the fertile crescent, is the most liberal. Bangladesh and Kazakhstan seem to be the most favorable to women's rights of the Muslim countries.

Noserider likes this.
  20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Horse

You reply seems a bit chaostic and muddled – as for most of it I was unsure what you were replying to.

So I’’ ask a few questions then reply to the things you were a bit clearer on

You - All men & women are created equal. Equal in our humanity not our personal capabilities

Me - But the greatest impact on person’s life is going to be whom they are born - two people with equal capabilities are born one into advantage and the other into disadvantage the one born into advantage is more likely to fulfil their capabilities than the other.

So you are unwilling or unable to address this?

You - Always carry yourself with honor, dignity, & pride

Me - Which is a lot easier to do when one is advantaged.

Are you saying yes to this?

You - All things in moderation

Me - Including wealth, so you favour progressive taxation with a high top end tax bracket?

Are you saying Yes to this?

Or was it - be ready to deal with backlash for what you said?

You -I have the right to refuse conventional medical treatment & to pursue any avenue of treatment I deem worthwhile

Me - So you want a well-funded universal healthcare system?

Are you saying Yes to this?

Or was it - be ready to deal with backlash for what you said?

You - I have the rights to life, liberty, & the pursuit of happiness

Me - Inequality can have a very big impact on the amount of life and liberty you might get and your ability to gain happiness.

Are you unable or unwilling to address this?