The Coming Collapse

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fraggle_rock, May 27, 2018.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

You mean, like in the Scandinavian countries I mentioned?

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Sorry yeah I didn't read your post deeply enough. I see what you're saying here and extreme left and right do tend to converge.

Noserider likes this.
  3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I thought you were a Tory? (Sp?)

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well, yeah, I do think Democratic voters are embracing a move to the left. But a shift to the left has been badly needed for years because the party has become such a corporatist party embracing neo liberal philosophies over the last few decades

I dont even know if the term right or left applies here to be honest, both parties are basically intent on representing the donor class rather than their constituents. They're driven by money, not politics.

And yeah i dunno wtf is happening to the Republican party but its not good

eggsprog and soulcompromise like this.
  5. Noserider

No worries :)

6. Noserider

I think its about to collapse and be reborn.

Meliai likes this.
  7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

You’re not entirely wrong. I’ve noticed this too.

The way democrats these days sycophantically defend an ultra-conservative religion like Islam to the last drop, makes them further right than Bible belt republicans

NotMyRealName likes this.
  8. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

They're not defending the religion, just the people who practice it without breaking any laws.

Okiefreak likes this.
  9. Noserider

Are we sure that's accurate? I would think even the most ardent supporters of Islam who happen to be American Democrats don't support radical Islam and its embracement of jihad, genital mutilation, the oppression of women, etc.

Okiefreak and Meliai like this.
  10. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I really don't think they do. The Republicans are NOT left in any sense of the word.
    Authoritarianism is not unique to either side, however.

11. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

The media gets its ratings through scare tactics. It’s hard to decipher fact from fiction, anymore. I don’t think anything will “collapse.” The history of the US shows it’s gone through worse.

wilsjane likes this.
  12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Neither the US or the UK will completely collapse, but as we provide jobs and improve living standards in countries such as China, the reverse will happen to us.
    Perhaps it will result in a fairer world society, but I am not sure that many people will want to suffer the lowering standards of living that are resulting in the west.

Talking of collapsing, Christina has just moved into her new house (the first property that she and her partner have owned) and everything is literally collapsing, including the lounge ceiling, the staircase and neither the plumbing or electrics are working.
    Hence this is a rare appearance on HF for me, between building plumbing and rewiring that will probably take more than a year.
    I hope that everything is fine with you, even without my funny comments. :yum::yum::yum:

Running Horse and Deidre like this.
  13. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

There you are :) I’ve been doing great, nice to see you!

wilsjane likes this.
  14. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

The extreme right and extreme left do converge though, in the sense that they are essentially indistinguishable at their extremes, if you consider the most extreme version of each to be a totalitarian state. Only difference is if the people with power call themselves the government or corporation(s).

Meliai likes this.
  15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Are they defending Islam, or the right to practice it peacefully?

Okiefreak, eggsprog and Noserider like this.
  16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I sincerely hope so

17. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

The furthest extreme of left wing politics is the classless, stateless society where equality is paramount.
    The furthest extreme of right wing politics is a hierarchical society wherein the strong dominate the weak as a natural right.

Authoritarian government is simply a tool to achieve either end... not necessarily the end in itself.

I don't know though... maybe that bit about the Republicans being left wing was just a joke.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  18. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I'm not. However, I did vote for Trump. But not because I like him in any way. I just knew very well I didn't want to see the Clintons do it again. Thanks to them I was unable to vote for Bernie.

19. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

20. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

That's right. Shaman is just spouting the AltRight/AltLite line of Islamaphobic propaganda borrowed from his mentors, Milo and Lauren, who try to whip up hatred of Muslims to advance their ethno-nationalist agenda.

Balbus likes this.