The Coming Collapse

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fraggle_rock, May 27, 2018.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

And you call our brexit... Wow, !

2. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Yes how dare a simple peasant such as I presume to have worthwhile opinions on such a lofty topic. Please sir excuse my ignorance! I am but a simple farmer of low means. I shall sequester myself back in my humble shack.

3. Running Horse

Usexit? Hmmm perhaps not.....

morrow likes this.
  4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Why sir, you're entitled as a free American to form your own opinions and be as uninformed as you chose. I do think that Informed opinions are more valuable than uninformed ones. It's the latter kind that get us into trouble. How elitist is that? BTW, our foundin' fathers felt the same way. We were fortunate to have such a highly educated elite lay the foundations of our republic.

soulcompromise likes this.
  5. Running Horse

So one need have a firm grasp of the political to be able to speak upon a subject that actually has nothin' to do with politics but merely wears said politics as a mask to hide it's true intent? Ahh yes! I see it now! How could I have been so blind?

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Well, the part about "Folks who hold to the values our founding fathers wrote of & who wish to see the U.S. return to a constitutional base instead of whatever the hell we have now" seemed a bit political. I'd put myself in the category of those folks, but typically people who use that rhetoric have something else in mind-- "originalism" in interpreting the constitution, etc. I've also noticed that my MAGA buddies pride themselves in not following the news. I think a grasp of the political is a civic obligation, especially for people who hold forth on politically relevant topics--the firmer the better.

7. Running Horse

I do not view the constitution itself as political rather moral & a statement upon the inherent rights of all men & women. I would agree that everything that followed upon it's heels is certainly political however

8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Setting up the basic ground rules on how political actions--the authoritative allocation of values-- are to take place is inherently political. But I admire your sentiment that it's worth standing up for. I can't think of a time in history when it's been in greater danger from people who don't think Russian interference in our elections is a big deal.

BeatinFeet69 and scratcho like this.
  9. Running Horse

I saw in a thread today that a headline @Vanilla Gorilla would never think to see would be someone on Hip admittin' they were wrong in the politics forum. Well time to write that headline.

Long Time Hipforums Member BeatinFeet69 aka Indy Hippy Admits He May Be In Error In The Politics Forum, World Shocked!

GLENGLEN and scratcho like this.
  10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

All the signs are there. Collapse--restore--collapse--restore. History will repeat itself. When the BIG MONEY boys feel as unconstrained as they do now with this fuckin' petty wanna-be-dictator, it's only a matter of time until the fabled 'shit hits the fan.' Problem is now, is that "we" have no idea just how far he will go to get his "way." His ranting on and on regarding the press, as protected by the constitution, is definitely going to get someone hurt or killed. Anyone see the fuckin'dunderheads at his latest rally,hollering and flipping the news people the bird? This prick and his mendicants needs GONE.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  11. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

There are no meaningful checks and balances in place anymore, which is precisely the problem. The US has swung so far to the right that there is no national dialogue anymore and the supreme court might as well put on Neo-Nazi arm bands. The courts exist at the discretion of the politicians and what rights we have remaining are only token. But, its always darkest before the dawn, and I sincerely believe that many powerful people, including a lot of wealthy Jews in places like Hollywood, know they either speak up now, or make a deal with the devil they can never live down. The country is becoming divided, finally drawing lines in the sand, and humor has always played a huge role in leftist politics. This is where jokes about Dr Strangelove come from, people like Peter Sellers and Mel Brooks, who were among the greatest of comedians of all time.

Hopefully, Donald Duck is the worst we will see for some time to come, but this is far from over and could result in civil war. There is simply no way to placate Neo-Nazis, and they will never stop until someone pounds them into the dirt, as the north did during the civil war. Hence, all the more reason to focus on brazenly anti-Nazi humor to get the message across that this is not going to end well. With any luck, enough people will get that message to avert disaster and return the country to a more democratic foundation. These are Neo-Nazis who current control the most powerful military in the world, and if not confronted soon, they may find the stomach to do the unspeakable.

Jews went quietly to the ovens, but never again.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  12. Running Horse

Well news corporations are all dirty, rotten, shit eatin', tall tale tellin', snivelin' bastards.....

wooleeheron likes this.
  13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh right----I forgot.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  14. wooleeheron

They are vultures, who literally follow the wolves around and vice versa. For democracy to survive, it really must have an independent mass media for whenever the country to starts to fall apart and people can't agree on anything. Civil war is the only alternative, because a significant percentage of the population will inevitably be attacked by the majority. People have already been pushed as far as they can stand, and sleeping giant of the mindless mob is about to awaken to its own nightmare.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

How on earth would you go about bringing such a thing into being? I'm afraid that once this "collapse" occurs, if it does (and it doesn't have to if people get a grip), all bets are off and no one will be able to predict what the future will hold. My only prediction is we wont like it.

16. wooleeheron

I am the Shockwave Rider who rides the great Fractal Dragon, and I write the Book That Can Never Be Written. Our tradition of poetry is six thousand years older than Stone Hinge, and describes how the right wing suppresses humor as a way to get whatever they want. One of the first things Hitler did was to make it illegal to crack jokes about the Nazi party, while I am very likely the most accomplished Oneness Poet on the planet and write jokes based on the same mathematics and words as the potty mouth nursery rhymes still being invented to this day by even Libertarian children. I will teach every child I can the horrors and advice contained within their own poetry, including that of Libertarian children. I will make it abundantly clear, that Libertarian is just a pseudonym for mindless fascism and all they have to do is study the humor of chickens to avoid their own worst nightmare.

I am very likely the most accomplished Oneness Poet on the planet today with well over 300 pages of poetry and I can write new poems in about 15 minutes on the average that are word perfect and complete. They are written in a self-consistent, nontrivial, and demonstrable manner forcing academics even to decide for themselves whether they are merely jokes. My poetry lends itself very well to Broadway musicals and Hollywood comedies, and every Jew in the country is starting to think of ways to respond to the situation, including famous producers and artists. Our poems speak to the subconscious mind and, if you don't get the punch lines, life can lose a little bit of its sparkle and it can become harder to laugh at yourself as if you didn't have a care in the world. Trust me, I will make them beg for mercy from their own children. Already young people have abandoned fundamentalist churches en mass.

These are cannibals, mindless chickens, and you are either smarter than the chicken or you are dead. Their subconscious mind is the only real person left listening, because its impossible to live without any honesty whatsoever.

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Uh....yeh. That's what I suspected. Thanks for clearing it up. The brown acid again, eh?

scratcho, Balbus and GeorgeJetStoned like this.
  18. wooleeheron

The truth is, I spent 35 years studying language and the Tao Te Ching, know countless physicists, philosophers, and others. I can even tell you how quantum mechanics work, and show you the evidence. The only reason modern science hasn't figured it out yet, is because they have stunted senses of humor and are merely focused on making money.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  19. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I've said it before, learn to make soap. Helps to master wine, vinegar, liquor and pot cultivation before the crash.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

What's a stone hinge?

tumbling.dice and Running Horse like this.