The Collective

Discussion in 'Hip Comics' started by skip, Sep 12, 2011.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I've created a whole new comic strip, with a cast of characters.

UPDATE: I've now named it, "The Collective".

Here's the first comic with a couple of the new characters...

[​IMG]

2. skip

A visit to the Doctor can change your life!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. skip

4. skip

I have a lot more strips ready to go if anyone is interested. I'm a bit hesitant to post them up, however, because I might find another venue for them.

I intend to syndicate these comics via the web and magazines, so if anyone is interested in carrying these in their website, mag, or other publication let me know!

If you want me to post up more here, just ask!

5. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Haha. I like the catnip part!

Hmm, I don't know any mags but you could always try Adbusters.com and see if they like some of the goods you've been creating. :)

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

post more comic.. Im asking.. :D

My mouse acting up even after i got a new one... I think sometimes toondoo gets heavy traffic and begins to lag.. I gota finish up the galaxy comic. but the more I add the more I need to build from scratch ..

7. skip

OK, Orison, this one's for you! Here's some more characters (I have many others too)

[​IMG]

8. skip

Here's one with most of the characters I've developed so far...

[​IMG]

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

theyre not funny enough

10. skip

The last two, and the one below are not normal comic strips, they're for character development. I'm holding back further strips for wider release.

[​IMG]

11. skip

Here's one last character strip...

[​IMG]

12. skip

I will explain the plan behind strip a bit. It's an odd assortment of characters (with some more to come), who have two things in common; a relationship with cannabis and membership in The Collective.

One main goal of the strip is to educate people about marijuana, how it is being used medicinally (something the US government does it's best to deny), how it is being used to marginalize, repress and exploit those who use it by our own governments.

So yes, this is going to be a political and social statement and therefore it must find a wider audience than those who already know these things.

Comics are a great way to reach people thru humor. They can also be educational, enlightening, radical, disrespectful, subversive, influential in politics, great satire, social critique, revealing, and a whole lot more besides being funny.

What I've done with the character sketches is I've created characters who represent different types of people who are drawn to cannabis. I've created a physical representation with the help of toondoo.com and matched each character with their elements (backgrounds, pets, color schemes).

I expect the characters to develop over time. I just look at them and imagine what they would say in certain contexts. There's a bit of stereotyping that goes into a character, but it's necessary so a lot of people can identify with them. I'm not basing them on anyone I know, but I'm sure some of their lines will be similar to things I've heard. So they'll represent a cross-section of people.

This is my first go at being a "cartoonist", so I welcome suggestions that would improve them.

I will let you know when and where the strip is being released. Nothing here is final, just some of the development work. By making this public here, I am copyrighting the characters and the scenario, as well as the name of the strip.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

when I first discovered the toodoo, I thought it was for children lol,, I can see from many the strips on the dooer it is not.. ha. though it does have a safe on/off.
    couldnt agree more, comic are a good way to reach people in seconds..

14. skip

The Collective is encouraging everyone to OCCUPY AMERICA!

[​IMG]

15. skip

Here's another one, recently published...

[​IMG]

16. pychicfakes

pychicfakes Guest

I made a cartoon using toondoo, I am going to start that back. Thanks