the Church of Universal Love and Music

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by Jahappleweed, May 14, 2004.

1. Jahappleweed

Jahappleweed Member

Does anyone have any feedback on this place? One of my fav bands is playing there soon and I'd like to know if the place and people who run it are cool.

Peace
    Johnny Appleweed

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i honestly couldnt tell you.

it sounds cool though.

try searching on http://www.google.com for some info.

3. lizm

lizm Member

Hey there jahappleneighbor :)

We went to the "church" last summer to see hookah at a festival. It's a beautiful place in the mountains, lovely property/views, fantastic light show and great stage/dance area.

The people seemed cool. The fest we were at was not very crowded, there was only one vendor as I recall.

I'd go there again.

4. deadhead68_1999

deadhead68_1999 Member

The Church of Universal Love and music is an awesome place. It is in a beautiful setting. The people there are super kind and look out for each other. They have an amazing line up this year including Bela Fleck, George Clinton, Snake Oil Medicine Show, the Recipe, Donna the Buffalo, David Nelson, Vince Welnick along with some other major surprises. Willy and his family are the founders and they are truly some of the nicest people I ever met. One trip to the Church and you will feel like you are at home. Look for big things to come from the Church.
    The website is www.ilovemusicchurch.com

5. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

where is this place anyway?

6. Magnolia Sin

Magnolia Sin Member

According the website it is at...248 Greenlick Hollow Rd. Acme Pa 15610

7. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

Hey that is so cool.i was trying to find thae link,thanks deadhead68.I plan on going this year hope to see you all there.

8. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Banned

im good friends with the folks who run that place.

9. Jahappleweed

Jahappleweed Member

Is it possible to find a job near there? Is there a campground where I can set up camp for the summer? I really need to surround myself in love and positive vibes for awhile. My world has been really harsh for a few years now and I need some relief. Hookahvilles and other parties at the Ranch have gotten me through these times but now I think I need more of an intense therapy. I need to plug in somewhere I can recharge my kharma for a sustained period of time. I have stripped myself of most of my material possessions and have left only the basics,food,clothing,shelter,my cd collection and the love of my dog. The Shantee is playing there at the end of the month so I guess I will find out for myself shortly. Thank all of you for sharing your opinions. Hope to meet some of you someday.

Peace,
    Johnny Appleweed

10. deadhead68_1999

deadhead68_1999 Member

Johnny,

I am sure you can find work somewhere nearby this summer. I am the PR/Publicity volunteer guy for the Church. A season membership costs only $150 which is well worth it if you look at the shows there this summer. This place truly takes it to a higher level. I really feel this place is the future of festivals. You truly can find your karma there. Email loveandmusic2004@aol.com for more information on the church. That is the owners email and they can tell you anything you want to know. They are truly kind folk. They might even let you stay up there most of the summer, just get a pass and help out some. You might even know Pops from Hookahvilles and WV. Give me an email if you want some more input.

Peace,
    Jason
    deadhead68_1999@yahoo.com

11. deadhead68_1999

deadhead68_1999 Member

Here is the Church's Schedule (www.ilovemusicchurch.com)

Eden Fest (May 21,22,23)
    Featuring Vince Welnick of the Grateful Dead with Gent Treadly
    Coming Home After Hrs (May 30,31)​
    Featuring 2 nights of Vince Welnick with Gent Treadly
    Geronimo's Cadillac, Matt Gerovac Bathtub Mary, Caveman, DJIBOUT, Full Circle, Blue Method, Mc Fuzz
    Pa Potluck (June 4,5)​
    DRUGS(The prescription for miss America) with very special guest George Clinton,Joe Prichard of the Recipe, DJ Logic, The Poogie Bell Band,The Boogie Hustlers, Mandorico, Ouve, Jazzam, Color and Talea, The Pleasure Technicians, The Zen Fishermen, DJ Scotty Paluza, Neals Open Pantry
    Freedom Festival (July 2,3,4)
    and coming back from their living room show on May 2nd Gordon Stone Band dueling banjos????
    PA's largest firework display
    Snake Oil Medicine Show (July 11)
    This is going to be a really fun show with the Snake Oil Medicine Show and special guests Furnance Mountain
    Full House Fest (July 30-Aug 1)​
    Recipe Cookout (Aug 20-22)​
    Featuring 2 nights with The Recipe
    Also special guest acts include Donna The Buffalo
    Big Leg Emma, Tea Leaf Green, The Breakfast, Big Tasty, Blue String, Deep Fried Pickle Project, Broken Grass, and Neal's OpenPantry, Burning River Band, Gongzilla, Green Lemon, Steepcreek
    Plus The Recipe vs The Fans in football
    Other Festivals TBA​
    Come enjoy the Church!!​

12. vintage soul

vintage soul Member

i wanted to go to the festival thats happening this weekend but it ends up that i have to work anyways i plan on going to a few of these festivals we should have a pa hippie forums meet up at one that would be awesome! :)

deadhead do u know the guys from benjamin beetle pete and barto? they always set up some of there stuff to sell out there

13. Jahappleweed

Jahappleweed Member

Thanks Jason. I will look into all of the info you've shared. I will look you up when I come in for the Mem. Day show.

Peace,
    Johnny Appleweed

14. brothersun

brothersun Member

Sounds like a groovy time. I'll try to make it.

15. deadhead68_1999

deadhead68_1999 Member

Vintage Soul, I do know the guys. They are some kynd people.

Johnny, ask around for the Church writer up there next weekend and you'll find me. I also will be running around taking pics and stuff.

Peace,
    Jason

16. Jahappleweed

Jahappleweed Member

Hey J,
    It says on my schedule that the show is on Monday, what is going to be going on the rest of the weekend? I probably wont be there till late Fri. or early Sat. I am sure I wont be bored but I am curious. Hopefully I will get to bring one or both of my kids. They love the out of doors blended with some groovy tunes as much as their old man. (beams w/pride) I am very glad I instilled that in them. Hopefully they wont grow up to be the "Alex P. Keaton" type. haha. Well Bro thats enough ramblin for now. I will def look you up when I get there. You sound like a very interesting character.
    Peace,
    Johnny Appleweed aka Carl the carpenter

17. deadhead68_1999

deadhead68_1999 Member

Johnny,

When you get to the gate, tell them Jason (the writer) sent you. The show starts this weekend on Saturday. Vince plays Sunday and Monday. Don't miss neal's open pantry. They are a local band, but rock the hell out of the place. Look me up when you get there.

Peace,
    Jason