The Catcher In The Rye.

Discussion in 'Non-Fiction Books' started by the power of flowers, Sep 25, 2010.

1. DiscoPhish

DiscoPhish Member

this book is like comfort food for me, i try to read it a few times a year. its a wonderful book and well written by a fantastic author. i first read it in highschool and it stuck with me. however it is fiction haha

2. JustCallMeSeb

JustCallMeSeb Member

I had to read this book in the space of a day or so (difficult for me because I'm a very slow reader), and I felt like it lost some of its emotional affect. I'd like to read it again over a longer period to really appreciate it...

3. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Meh, I liked it when I was 14 or 15. I would not read it again.
    I think every teenage girl sort of had a crush on Holden :D
    Luckily, we are definitely over it.

4. granny_longhair

granny_longhair Member

No, there isn't. Salinger was approached many times to make a film version, but refused to even discuss it.

5. spexxx

spexxx Member

Southpark made it seem pretty well summed up and Gay. Though I'm sure it's a prize novel.

6. AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite Member

I thought it was a good story, related to Holden of course in a lot of ways at some point in my life, re read it a few years later, felt the same way, probably will re read it again in a few years, good book to keep in the collection.

7. Lumini

Lumini Member

I really enjoyed it.
    Definition of teenage angst, though. Hehe.