The Caravan arrives

Discussion in 'Politics' started by newo, Apr 29, 2018.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Well, we're supposed to just let them all in. After all, America "deserves" as much punishment as is humanly possible, so packing in people from everywhere else is an excellent form of punishment. In the short term it will help our crime rate rise, so we'll need more cops, which is a win-win as it creates a string of jobs from arresting officers to the courtroom janitor. Who knew invading peasants could enhance our nation so?

In the long term, it will bankrupt the social safety net programs forcing wealthy politicians to retreat to their various compounds around the country and "lead" us all by remote control. Naturally they'll lose their grip on power as the nation slips into a recession and then into a multi-decade depression. This will make it so much easier for other forms of government to seep in at the local levels and compete for control of what is left (pun).

OR, maybe we can just have a race war and get it all over fast. You know, like yanking a thorn out quickly instead of trying to ease it out.

3. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

What makes you think they're criminals?
    What makes you think they won't get jobs or contribute to society?

Oh right, it's because they're not white.

4. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Nope, color has nothing to do with it. Project much? You're way off the mark trying to paint me with that broad ass brush.

Whenever you pack people into an area crime goes up. Especially if they are poor.

I don't give a flying crap what "color" people are when they waltz across the border illegally. I don't want to see hoards of illegal Swedes either.
    What's interesting though is that there are no nations that will allow Americans to just walk in. Nope, we have to have "papers" and in many cases a specific invitation to enter and most visas are for a limited period of time.

But somehow it's a "race" issue when the US considers the same kinds of basic regulations about entry? As liberal as I am I still respect the rules of other nations.

Nice try left nut, I'm not buying it.

mcme and storch like this.
  5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There are already protests breaking out in San Diego, both pro and anti. I expect Trump will try to block them, he'll be overruled, and his supporters will be pissed. Thus he'll turn a defeat into a "moral" victory.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Oh my word

This is pure social justice barbarianism

Sure, it’s easy and convenient to conflate illegal immigration and racial issues, in order to racebait and silence critics of illegal imitation into guilt-driven submission. Too bad you can’t do the same thing with Islam.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

fuckwad trudeau sends rcmp to hold their hand and carry their bags as they illegally enter canada...i hope the US has bigger balls and blocks them

8. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Oh so the real issue here is that they're breaking the law?
    This is an issue to a person who frequents a forum that openly supports illegal drug use?

Okiefreak likes this.
  9. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

Not true.

www.politifact.com/california/statements/2017/aug/03/antonio-villaraigosa/mostly-true-undocumented-immigrants-less-likely-co/

Why would illegal immigrants want to attract attention to themselves by committing crimes?
    Considering there are endless non-crime-related jobs available for illegals, why would they feel the need to do whatever it is you think they're doing?

So do you think that if Swedes were 'packed into an area', crime would go up? I mean, if they were poor? What about Brits? Canadians?

Is this what happened with the pilgrims when they came over?

You respect the rules, and yet you frequent a forum that supports illegal drug use?
    Not only that, but you name yourself after it.

I guess I don't know what state you live in, but I really can't imagine you give a shit about rules in general.

More like you give a shit about rules that make you think you're winning an argument.

Also, I really don't think you're a liberal.

EDIT: Oh I see you're in Georgia. So I guess you aren't getting 'JetStoned' anymore, right? 10 years for an ounce-- and you're creating demand.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

This country has enough impoverished people who are American citizens, yet we're supposed to take on more people?

I don't like how factions of the so-called right like to scapegoat immigrants. Most of these people are simply seeking a better life and trying to escape the misery of their native countries.

But this notion that we should just let anyone and everyone in is bullshit.

If you're so tolerant and open-minded, then open your homes to a Mexican or Honduran family. Otherwise STFU!

11. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I don't think the US should let anyone and everyone in... but considering that the US is to blame for a lot of the hard conditions in Central America, at least be liberal with the refugees.

United States Interventions in Central America

As for domestic poverty-- not voting for people like Trump would help.
    FFS at this point you would have to be dead not to realize that trickle down doesn't work.

12. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't disagree with this at all, really. I mean, for instance, there is so much animosity towards Syrian refugees, but what pisses me off is that so many Americans are so ignorant to see the fact US foreign policy has a lot to do with this wave of refugees flooding Europe and the US. When you obliterate a country, you can't blame the people for seeking refuge elsewhere.

What I don't like is how Trump and his ilk scapegoat people are are suffering and looking for a better life. I don't blame the refugees at all.

tumbling.dice and fraggle_rock like this.
  13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

There are 200 people in this caravan- 40,000 people every year seek asylum in America

There is no issue other than media frenzy created by the President to forward his paranoid, isolationist, xenophobia agenda

14. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I am amazed that anyone could even defend it.

These people aren't sneaking across the border in the dead of night-- they are there in broad daylight, asking for legal asylum based on conditions for which the US at least shares responsibility. They will be screened, monitored, and eventually naturalized. Anyone who has sacrificed everything they own to get to the US isn't going to blow their chance by committing a crime. Their work ethic probably surpasses that of the typical American-born citizen, and they will appreciate the opportunity.

So what's the problem?

Oh right, the racist president/media/voters thing.

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I left out the word racist because I didn't want to sound too divisive but of course he is.

Earlier this year Trump said he’d take in as many Norwegians into America as possible, Norway turned him down.

Unbeknownst to Trump Norway has taken in and has naturalized 90,000 former African citizens, how great would that be if they all sought asylum in the U.S.?

Trump would shit bricks

scratcho and fraggle_rock like this.
  16. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The Pueblo Sin Fronteras (People Without Borders) caravans have been gong on for over fifteen years. Pueblo Sin Fronteras is a voluntary immigrants' rights group that offers to band together those seeking legal asylum in the U.S. and Mexico. The purpose is to provide protection and shelter to the group as they travel.

In the words of the Pueblo Sin Fronteras group they are "a movement made of people who were forced to flee their countries of origin due to persecution and violence."
    Many in the group are seeking to escape the violence in Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala. They aren't the ones committing violence, they are the ones fleeing the violence.

They are also known as Via Crucis Migrantes, or Migrants' Way of the Cross. The march starts during Holy Week, the last week of Lent and is modeled after The Stations of the Cross.

Once they reach Mexico the participates visit various embassies and consulates seeking political asylum.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

A tired old argument

A country doesnt have to bring in anyone if they dont want to. Why is it even a thing

Why cant they fix their own friggin countries?

18. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

The idea that you, the right or Trump speak for everyone in the country is laughable.

Most people voted for Hillary, and I would even wager that the majority of people who didn't vote at all don't have issues with immigrants.

It doesn't make sense to turn them away and on top of that it's ethically wrong. After all the US has done to ruin their lives for generations, the least they could do is check them out.

Well, they tried a few times, but unfortunately the US didn't like it and interfered... you know, stop the commies and global 'trade' and everything.

scratcho likes this.
  19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah, i thou ght the same as fraggle when i read this. It's a thing because a country is obviously not filled with one kind of people.
    Maybe emerge yourself in some background news in the case of Syria.

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Not like the people trying to claim refugee status in the US have any political power whatsoever in their own country. How are they supposes to fix their own friggin country when they can barely even stay alive?