The camaraderie among men

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Jukai, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

This turned out to be an interesting discussion.

Jukai likes this.
  2. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Agreed

Jukai likes this.
  3. Jukai

Jukai Members

To be honest, fellas, when I joined this site and wrote this thread, I expected a whopping 0 responses.

The end result was not bad, considering.

I think there were a few tangential discussions that weren't originally intended, but I got a pretty good set of data points to consider.

4. Eric!

Good, glad to help out with some feedback

Jukai likes this.
  5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Indeed It Has......Unfortunatly I Have Contributed Very Little...... Other Than "Mayhem"......:screamcat:

For That I Show "Deep Remorse"......:anguished:

Cheers Glen.

6. Jukai

Jukai Members

Bollocks !

Eric! and GLENGLEN like this.
  7. Total Darkness

Your type of mayhem spices things up. Humor wise.

Jukai and GLENGLEN like this.
  8. Jukai

Jukai Members

You lift, Total Darkness ?

You've got the rounding of the shoulders and biceps and 6 bricks where a beer belly ought to be. Just wondering.

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Back Off "Buddy".......He's Spoken For......:rage::rage::rage:

Sneers Glen.

Asmodean likes this.
  10. Jukai

Jukai Members

LOL ... don't worry, your fantasy is safe

Eric! and GLENGLEN like this.
  11. Eric!

This shit is getting hilarious now

12. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

First off, I must apologize for making certain assumptions in regards to your motives in going after women. I'd actually read the below post of yours prior to even making my first reply and found myself relating to what you were saying in the selected section, but something about that cold climate analogy you later used combined with your overall current stance in regards to women as a whole drove my previous impression of you in a completely different direction.

Now, I appreciate your clarifying a few things for me. I think I now have a little better grasp of what's going on. So allow me to proceed.........

This is part pretty much explained it to me, to tell you the truth. I have found you and I actually share some similarities, but the above paragraph has told me that, aside from those similarities, you and I are pretty much opposites. I've never had a close male friend with whom I could never have serious conversation, mostly because the guys that I allow myself to become close friends with tend to be sensitive, unique, capable of being serious, and philosophical. Conversely, I typically don't talk about some of those "superficial" matters with my guy friends, and they usually don't talk about them either for the same reasons as my own; one, I'm not much into sports, and two, I don't share detailed information about my sex life. Now, complaining about assholes, playing pranks, joking about, those kinds of things don't necessarily strike me as "superficial", or at least they don't have to be. There needs to be a certain level of trust between you and your friend for this type of interaction to be enjoyed in a full sense. Also, again, this is not gender specific.

I thought about why I have a completely opposite experience from yours, and it hit me. My life is actually drama-filled as well! And the difference is that I accept that as part of just so what happens in life. And it is, as long as you're with other people, regardless of gender, age, or cultural backgrounds, and you maintain interaction with them on a serious, deep level. As long as you do that, your life will have at least some element of drama, because that's just human nature. My guy friends' also experience drama, but most tend to understand this too, so they never stop being themselves. They don't shun a particular group of people as a whole just because they get sick of drama. What they tend to do, though, is that they talk about it. I have a feeling that the guys that you've met so far have probably been the opposite of that for the most part.

Yeah, that's kind of why I found this analogy interesting in the first place. One of the main reasons is that, to be completely honest with you, it's not a very good analogy man, lol. I actually have trouble making a connection between this analogy and your reasoning for avoiding women altogether. Because with people, you don't necessarily try to approach things as you would when you're dealing with the cold climate, for example. When you meet new people for the first time, it's not often easy to tell whether they are the right kind of company for you or not. That's why you need to communicate with them to find out more in terms of whether or not you and they are compatible with each other. Again, not gender specific.

Nope, it doesn't anger me, don't worry. Like I said, I allowed myself to make some assumptions(I'm usually a little more careful about that, I guess we all make mistakes) based on my interpretation of your replies to my posts, while somehow allowing myself to forget about the contents of your replies to some of the other posters here. If you've thought that I've had some horrible experience with women in the past, then that's actually not the case. I mean, we all have bad experiences with other people, and that's just life. One of my buddies, however........*shudders*

Understood. Also that has been clarified way earlier in that reply you made to VG.

Yeah, it really DOES sound like you met the wrong ones. I don't know why you kept ending up with those types, but not all women are like that. Well, I'm sure you already know that. But it sure is odd to me. Is it perhaps a regional phenomenon, or what......................

This is where you and I are actually similar! I definitely identify myself as a non-conformist, and at this point in my life I have vowed to stay true to myself after going through some rough, dark periods in the past. I've always been an odd one out, but those who appreciate that part of me become part of my life in one form or another. I DID allow myself to stray from my belief once where work was concerned, and that lead me into a rather unhealthy direction. That also affected other aspects of my life. Never again!

Understood, I shan't ask.

Yeah, again, what kind of shithole neighbourhood are you from? Actually you remind me of one of my buddies a little bit, he sometimes meets guys with questionable personalities, too. Maybe that's why I got all fired up! lol

Perhaps not, but if you actually want a lasting, solid friendship with them, then you'd need to accept the fact that life comes with drama. That is, IF you actually meet a guy who's not a stereotypical macho type.

I know that, and I never said it would be easy, either.

Between everything you've said so far, I actually believe you.

I remember another thing you said before, that you think this might just be a phase that you're going through. Maybe it is, and at some point in the future, you might start wanting serious friends of both genders again. But if you're generally a loner wanting casual friendships that aren't very serious at this very moment, then you do what you have to do. I would, however, treat this as more of a temporary experimentation for the time being, if I were you.

We cool? :sunglasses:

Jukai likes this.
  13. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Well, I totally forgot that he'd previously posted a reply(actually to you) where he actually seemed respectable. For the totally over-the-top stuff I said, I apologized in my latest reply. On other things, I simply speculated and asked questions, and he clarified things for me.

Jukai likes this.
  14. Total Darkness

I do some lifting, not too much. Mostly cardio training.

Jukai likes this.
  15. Jukai

Jukai Members

Cool man, it shows. Impressive abs.

I used to look like this guy (actually, I was much bigger than in this picture), but not anymore :cry:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Total Darkness likes this.
  16. Total Darkness

Nice photo. You lifted for a specific reason or just enjoyment?

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What happens when you go to Glenglens for guitar lessons......

[​IMG]

Orison, Eric! and GLENGLEN like this.
  18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Damn, that pants must be teared!

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you'll get used to that.

20. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I've been lurking.

This thread is interesting.