The Brothers Grimm

Discussion in 'Action Movies' started by Aerosolhalos, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Aerosolhalos

Aerosolhalos Member

Terry Gilliam kicks ass at whatever he does. I say this in full confidence without having seen the movie yet.

2. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

Im seeing it today....i hope he gives us a good show

3. I'm going to try to also..... gilliam is supposed to make good omens into a movie too...... I hope he gets that done soon.....

he's the only man on earth who can properly do it....

4. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I just saw it yesterday, I saw it was pretty good! It kinda reminded me of Sleepy Hollow (but much worse). I love fantasy... the forest was great. Pretty good direction too. Some funny jokes. Well the French were evil but it's okay, I have a sense of humor.

Anyways I always was a fan of the Brothers Grimm tales, the original ones, much darker than the kids versions. They were brilliant!

5. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

cool I really wanna see it. Hey Penny what are you doing in New Jersey? Do you go to school here?

6. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Yeah I go to college and I'm living with my American boyfriend :)

7. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

I saw it on Saturday. I was really disappointed. There were too many unnecessary sub-plots (especially the French occupation one), and it made the whole thing busy and muddled. The film occasionally forgot it was an adventure comedy and became maudlin. And it really wasn't very funny.

I usually love Terry Gilliam movies, but I didn't like this one at all.

8. Aerosolhalos

Aerosolhalos Member

I'm afraid I'm with you, Mrsshf. Probably Gilliam's weakest effort since Jabberwocky.

9. lindseybug

lindseybug Member

i liked ittttt

10. Puddin'

Puddin' Banned

They made a Brothers Grimm movie? Awesome.

11. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

Not as good as I expected it to be. mrsshf is sure right about the 'too many subplots'. I notice a general weakness in almost all famous directors as they get old. Their work gets tired and mediocre. They rely on their name to accumulate high budgets. Then they cover their less than average work with effects and explosions. Where once they gave us drama and comedy, now they've become a travelling show making a last buck before they pop it (the only exceptions being messrs. Eastwood and Redford). This film had the potential of exploring many aspects of the tales we all learned as kids. Instead, it was like the colgne used by the aristocracy to diguise their pong.

12. SunshineLovePeace

SunshineLovePeace all you need is love

terrible terrible movie. heath ledgers worst.

13. Radiation

Radiation Ruling the Nation

I regret not seeing this in theaters. The camerawork definitely has Gilliam's touch, and the storyline is interesting enough. Great movie.

14. Kris?

Kris? Senior Member

I wish I didn't even bother renting it!