The blues

Discussion in 'Music' started by rockchef, May 17, 2004.

1. rockchef

rockchef Member

Interested to hear if anyone else is into blues music ie stevie ray zz top robert johnson muddy watters and all the other great blues men over the years that would take me hours just to list them

2. HappyChild

HappyChild Member

HUGE blues fan right here!
    I prefer my blues electrified.....
    but still a fan of the entire genre.

3. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

I love the blues, it's the greatest and most important music out there. At the moment I'm loving Big Mama Thorton and Son House, esp 'County Farm Blues' Robert Johnson was my favourite for a long time but now I don't listen to him all that often, although I still love him. Moving on more to the female Blues singers. Also love Memphis Minnie.

4. StAlphonzo

StAlphonzo Member

Blues music is great. I love the music of Son House, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, and others, Also, modern blues artists such as ZZ Top, Edgar Winter Group, Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band, Frank Zappa, and others.

5. Crush

Crush Member

At the moment I discovered Johnny Winter. Do you consider him under the blues genre? I like blues a lot since I play guitar. Most of the blues songs include really nice guitar work. Jimmy Hendrix :D Also a big jazz fan, but those are pretty close to eachother I think

6. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

Robert Johnson, Charlie Patton, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Huddie Ledbetter(Leadbelly)...

7. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

Favorite Blues Song: ZZ Top - Blue Jean Blues

I love the blues and hope to learn some blues techniques on the guitar sometime soon.

8. Ellis

Ellis Member

The Blues is pretty fine, I like alot of Blues artists.
    But Robert Johnson will always be my favorite.

9. rockchef

rockchef Member

Ahh warms my heart to hear that you all like the blues i find that it gets right under your skin and then there is no going back its a passion nay way of life or even an obsession if you will :D

10. Oklahoma

Oklahoma Member

I love blues, mainly old-timey stuff like Lightnin' Hopkins, Robert Johnson, Mississippi John Hurt, etc, though I'll listen to more modern stuff as well.

11. DeceMcGleas

DeceMcGleas Member

There are some great blues guitarists that you guys didnt mention. Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, and Kieth Richards. Blues guitar is by far the greatest sounding music there is.